Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Turns out I've not been riding to hard on the TdZ rides... just done a Crit and my FTP gone from 216 to 239 :eek:

I thought my HR monitor was bust as it never went over 150... up to 177 tonight... It was me that was broken :laugh:

Anyway, first race and I placed 13th out of 24 in D so happy with that.

I'll shut up congratulating myself now and watch Love Island... :laugh:

Great progress mate. The short Crits are great for getting a best 20 min power - and hence FTP upgrade on Zwift. Keep at it :okay:

Just got an 8th place out of 18 in the 11am 3R volcano flat 6 laps on the companion app and bumped to podium silver on Zwift power , seen as we use Zwift power for our official results I will take the Silver 😀🥈🚴‍♂️

Joffey

Big Dosser
@peterob Stage 6 Completed - 1:04:03 according to Zwift App - not showing on Zwift Power yet.

New FTP too (242) - I hope there isn't something wrong with my trainer that keeps giving me new FTP's :laugh:

That was bloody hard though. Thought the flat ones are easy? :laugh: Got in a great group for the first lap and then died on my arse for the second. Lovely jubbly!

mjd1988

Guru
Cracking wee race there. Still don't have power back from back to back colds but had a great time anyway.

Small field of 22 c riders, started well after b's so no flyers, in fact the whole pack were man marking each other for the first 8km and then hit the one and only significant climb when it spintered into groups that stayed the same for the rest of the race.

This next paragraph shows how my mind unravels in a race...

My race was with 4 guys racing for 7th on the road. "lad" "goodman" and a fairly unpronounable name. weirdly the theme to "the good the bad and the ugly" came on in the desert when on shuffle so I gave us all an identity ;me and unpronounable were the ugly as we just kept hanging onto the attacks each time. Goodman was the best of us but kept falling 5 seconds behind after we counterattacked. Bunch sprint at the end between three of us and ugly beat me to the line with bad behind me, and the good guy in last.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
New 7 week race series with team competition.

The Danish cycling site feltet.dk (feltet = the peloton) starts a new race series on Tuesday nights at 7.15PM UK. A, B and C cats only (also an E Cat for women, but they are allowed to race in men‘s cats).

Any of you want to do this series? We could do it as a team within each cat or just ride as individuals as we normally do.

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member

The Danish cycling site feltet.dk (feltet = the peloton) starts a new race series on Tuesday nights at 7.15PM UK. A, B and C cats only (also an E Cat for women, but they are allowed to race in men‘s cats).

Any of you want to do this series? We could do it as a team within each cat or just ride as individuals as we normally do.
I'd be up for this - doing it as teams in categories sounds like a fun idea and different to what we've done before. How many allowed in each team Steen?

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I'd be up for this - doing it as teams in categories sounds like a fun idea and different to what we've done before. How many allowed in each team Steen?

They don't say. Points are given to the 30 first riders in each category (winner = 35 points, 2nd 30, 3rd 28, 4th 27, 5th 26...), and each team member's points then goes into the team ranking. As I read it, bigger teams then have the advantage. :sad: Also there will be sprints during the races with points awarded to the 5 first riders to cross, pretty much like in real world races.
Stage 1 (Feb. 18th) is 3 laps of NY Astoria Line 8 (34,5 km in total).

bridgy

Legendary Member
They don't say. Points are given to the 30 first riders in each category (winner = 35 points, 2nd 30, 3rd 28, 4th 27, 5th 26...), and each team member's points then goes into the team ranking. As I read it, bigger teams then have the advantage. :sad: Also there will be sprints during the races with points awarded to the 5 first riders to cross, pretty much like in real world races.
Stage 1 (Feb. 18th) is 3 laps of NY Astoria Line 8 (34,5 km in total).
Well if enough people are up for it, I'd be up for being in a Cat B team. I think there must be a limit to the number of riders in a team otherwise as you say, a really big team would have a big advantage! Might be worth checking with them if you can?

mjd1988

Guru

Not sure I can make tonight's race, but sounds like an interesting thing to get involved in

peterob

Veteran

I'd be up for that if we can get enough for the team competition

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Well if enough people are up for it, I'd be up for being in a Cat B team. I think there must be a limit to the number of riders in a team otherwise as you say, a really big team would have a big advantage! Might be worth checking with them if you can?

I'll try to get an answer. Maybe the stronger C rider could join us in B, to get the number up, if need be? Nothing wrong with 2 groups in the same cat, as we are at a different fitness levels anyway. I'm low B which is roughly the same as top C.
D riders could join the C cat along with the remaining C riders, if they want to?

It would be nice to see a big number of CycleChatters in the same race and working together!

Last edited:
Top Bottom