Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Completed the 2xFTP workout for the first time today. To be precise this was the workout:

10 mins warm up
20 mins FTP (240 watts)
5 mins zone 2 (155 watts)
20 mins FTP (240 watts)
10 mins zone 3 (205/210 watts)
5 mins cool down (180 --> 130 watts)

Next time i do it I'll knock the FTP interval up by 5 watts. Probably then take me 3-4 attempts to complete this ... but when I do I'll knock the FTP up again and so on (wishful thinking there ha ha!)

JuhaL

Guru
Completed the 2xFTP workout for the first time today. To be precise this was the workout:

10 mins warm up
20 mins FTP (240 watts)
20 mins FTP (240 watts)

Next time i do it I'll knock the FTP interval up by 5 watts. Probably then take me 3-4 attempts to complete this ... but when I do I'll knock the FTP up again and so on (wishful thinking there ha ha!)
Good workout, why don’t you try ramp-test to see what is your ftp. If you can ride 2x20 ftp i think you can exceed your current ftp.

Whorty

Good workout, why don’t you try ramp-test to see what is your ftp. If you can ride 2x20 ftp i think you can exceed your current ftp.
It wasn't easy, and I was in the red for the last minute of the first 20 mins, and the last 6 mins of the 2nd 20 mins I was blowing chunks. Hardest workout I've ever done. I think my FTP is about right at 240, so I'm hoping by knocking it up to 245 for workouts then I can increase my actual FTP.

bobinski

Legendary Member
It wasn't easy, and I was in the red for the last minute of the first 20 mins, and the last 6 mins of the 2nd 20 mins I was blowing chunks. Hardest workout I've ever done. I think my FTP is about right at 240, so I'm hoping by knocking it up to 245 for workouts then I can increase my actual FTP.

Obviously I am just another internet expert but not sure thats the way to drag your ftp up. Have a look at the Dylan Johnson YouTube videos. Lots of evidence based advice there.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Oops, looks like I've just got myself another bike. Got a TT bike to have another bash at Time Trialling this year. It felt really weird getting back on the aero bars after many years. My good lady gave me the cash for it as a Valentine's Day present - we never do Valentine's Day, so I have nothing for her. Best be extra special nice to her :smooch: What a woman.

1581700457902.png

Milzy

Guru

10 mins warm up
20 mins FTP (240 watts)
20 mins FTP (240 watts)

Nice, that would be perfect for me. Going to name it Whortys workout on Strava.

Oops, looks like I've just got myself another bike. Got a TT bike to have another bash at Time Trialling this year. It felt really weird getting back on the aero bars after many years. My good lady gave me the cash for it as a Valentine's Day present - we never do Valentine's Day, so I have nothing for her. Best be extra special nice to her :smooch: What a woman.

View attachment 504569
Wow! Sure beats a box of candy hearts. Can you have your wife call mine.

JuhaL

Guru

View attachment 504569
I need to register to Tinder and find a wife to myself :thumbsup::unsure::scratch:

JuhaL

Guru
I'll check them out, but I've read a lot to say the 2 x FTP is one of the best workouts to improve your FTP. I'm always happy to read what else is out there but personally, I find this specific workout pushes me hard and that can only be a good thing :okay:
No doubt about it. That also strain your body long enough to handle lactic acid better as well.

Whorty

View attachment 504569
Beautiful :wub: (that emoji is for the bike, not you :tongue: ).

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **

View attachment 504569
Lovely machine. That must have set your good lady wife back at least a good bottle of wine.

it’s been a quiet week for me. I took ill on Sunday evening and couldn’t lift the head all day Monday and most of Tuesday . One advantage being zero food intake for almost 48hrs. I’m still not over it and I’ve given this week up as a rest week. The weather forecast is grim here for the weekend as well but i will force myself to do a couple of Zwift sessions.

the DBR series looks interesting @Brusgaard. I think I’ll give this a go too!

good luck in the duathlon @bridgy :boxing:

Top Bottom