Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Dear ZwiftPower, When can I have my downgrade please???:wacko:
I’ll not bore you with all of the details from the Cat A race, mainly because i don’t have a clue what happened at the business end! I lasted about 5km this week, and improvement on last week. Unreal how strong these riders are - I was back in 80th place and unable to move up the group despite hammering it flat out. I could see the whole thing was strung out and my elastic snapped and slapped me in the face. Lack of a warm up didn’t help but I’ll. or use that as an excuse as I know myself it won’t wash. Anyway a more respectable time of 35:26 this week. I’m not sure if I can take another bashing at the hand of these Scandinavians next week :surrender:

peterob

Veteran
Well done tonight chaps - looks like there were some great performances :bravo::bravo:

Shame I couldn’t make it past the start line and try and get some more points on the board for the B team. If I was ever going to have a good shot I think tonight’s course would have been it.

Had a look at the live feed from the A race but it was a bit stuttery. From what I saw it was totally ferocious so hanging on for 5 mins wasn’t too shabby @IrishAl :okay:

mjd1988

Guru
Results for tonight say that we scored point down to our 5th finisher.

Michael 27
Me 18
Brendan 17
Andy 7
Carl 6

Aw yes I must have got upgraded for the sprint at 2.3km to 5th as well. Knowing what was happening ahead on the course was so useful in retrospect. The main climb was exactly 10km in as said so I knew when to drift to the front of the group so I just about clung on when otherwise I might have shot out the back.

Edit; now that the full zwiftpower analysis is up, my 20min power was actually only 0.2w/kg different to the first stage and I didn't freewheel at all downhill at any point so I feel a bit better that the trainer wasn't going completely bananas. Will eventually upgrade to direct drive though

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru
What points did group B's get? None?

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I use these

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Headphones-Mpow-Bluetooth-Waterproof-Cancelling-1-Black/dp/B075XHXKZZ/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?qid=1582668780&s=electronics&sr=1-9

I used to have some without the hook but they would fall out on occasion. The last time they did that I didn't catch them and the ended up wrapped around the chainset :-)

I use these boys...make sure if using Discord that you enable the push-to-talk setting - nothing Worse than listening to grown men panting in your ear lol

Milzy

Guru
Will discord only send your voice as you speak near mic automatically so your background noise doesn't come through? I don't want to be pushing buttons while racing.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Dear ZwiftPower, When can I have my downgrade please???:wacko:
I’ll not bore you with all of the details from the Cat A race, mainly because i don’t have a clue what happened at the business end! I lasted about 5km this week, and improvement on last week. Unreal how strong these riders are - I was back in 80th place and unable to move up the group despite hammering it flat out. I could see the whole thing was strung out and my elastic snapped and slapped me in the face. Lack of a warm up didn’t help but I’ll. or use that as an excuse as I know myself it won’t wash. Anyway a more respectable time of 35:26 this week. I’m not sure if I can take another bashing at the hand of these Scandinavians next week :surrender:

Al, suck it up! 😂

Top Bottom