Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
less frequent extreme efforts a good idea, but do keep exercising in some form!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

As with all things around this virus, common sense should dictate our actions. I find it strange that the public don't change their M.O. unless the government tells them to - bonkers!

Re training, your body will tell you how you feel. If you're feeling a bit grotty, assume you have the virus (or even just a cold) and knock the intensity off. But if you're feeling on top of the world, just do as normal (so Zone 2 then :laugh:) .

I've been self isolated/social distanced with next to zero contact with others now for a few weeks (I really should shower more frequently) so I'd have to be pretty unlucky to have the virus, but if you're in a large city and have to mingle with the masses, it's a different story.

Stay safe. Use common sense. And try not to panic and get the blood pressure too high - no one wants hypertension!

bobinski

Legendary Member
As with all things around this virus, common sense should dictate our actions. I find it strange that the public don't change their M.O. unless the government tells them to - bonkers!

Re training, your body will tell you how you feel. If you're feeling a bit grotty, assume you have the virus (or even just a cold) and knock the intensity off. But if you're feeling on top of the world, just do as normal (so Zone 2 then :laugh:) .

I've been self isolated/social distanced with next to zero contact with others now for a few weeks (I really should shower more frequently) so I'd have to be pretty unlucky to have the virus, but if you're in a large city and have to mingle with the masses, it's a different story.

Stay safe. Use common sense. And try not to panic and get the blood pressure too high - no one wants hypertension!

I am not advocating his advice but it was also about reducing susceptibility to illness and in particular the co vid virus. But as you say you Z2 evangelists should be ok 👍 😁

Brusgaard

Über Guru

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Just read the B report and it translated fairly well. Only thing I didn't fancy much was the translation of sprint into spurt. Not sure having mass spurts should be encouraged :blush:
The Danish word for "sprint" is "spurt", and spurt is the word used in the original text. But the "sprint" word is also used in Danish, but not as common as "spurt". A fast sprinter is however also called a "sprinter" in Danish and not a "spurter". :smile:

For that reason the writer chooses to use the "spurt" word. He probably isn't thinking about an international audience for his articles, and what a Google translation might cook/cock up :smile:

EDIT: But according to this, "spurt" can be used to describe the same thing in English:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/spurt

Last edited:

Del C

Veteran
Well some good news for me after my B level thrashing in feltet.dk on Tuesday night.

I organised my club's first Virtual 10 mile TT last night with 22 starters.

We rode the Tempus Fugit course using the Meet Up function that we've used for Cyclechat races.

I finished 10th and 3rd placed Vet with a time of 22.56, average speed of 25.3 mph and average power of 262 watts.

I think my 34km time trial the night before did me more good than I'd realised!

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Top Bottom