Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
I think we will end up both on the podium @BurningLegs - first place averaged 4.4kg, is 26cm shorter than he was last week and has lost a lot of weight in that space of time as well (I'll be charitable and say he has a kid and forgot to change his settings!). We both did well on the primes as well (thanks @Whorty !)

It was a really great course for a small group- there was 13 of us for the most part then 7 for the second lap and people were constantly attacking and counterattacking. So pleased with my climbing - obviously not a big hill but really feel like I've improved a fair bit in that regard.

peterob

Veteran
Well done guys. That was a tough route - Fast on the flats and just when you think that you've completed the climb there's those horrible dips and rises that sap the strength :angry:

Shame you got booted out @Whorty and messed up the start time @CXRAndy!

I'll do the CC league in the morning - for now I need to go and lie down ^_^

Marino.g

Veteran
Looks like you're 2nd in the first sprint :wahhey:

@Marino.g scored big on sprints and 4th overall :okay:
My points were for the KOM but I paid for it after and when I took it easy at the top and then a group of riders passed me and couldn’t get back on.
Joffey went off like a rocket at the start and he might have got 1st on the sprint but the first one was on the lead in so I’m not sure if it counts or not.
Unlucky Carl with the drop out. Was it your internet or Zwifts reliability?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I think we will end up both on the podium @BurningLegs - first place averaged 4.4kg, is 26cm shorter than he was last week and has lost a lot of weight in that space of time as well (I'll be charitable and say he has a kid and forgot to change his settings!). We both did well on the primes as well (thanks @Whorty !)

It was a really great course for a small group- there was 13 of us for the most part then 7 for the second lap and people were constantly attacking and counterattacking. So pleased with my climbing - obviously not a big hill but really feel like I've improved a fair bit in that regard.
You are welcome mate. You're the most consistent of us in this league so only right I try and work for you :okay: Still peeved that I couldn't help on the second lap.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
First place averaged 4.4kg, is 26cm shorter than he was last week and has lost a lot of weight in that space of time as well

😄

Sounds like a classic case of man treading on landmine, losing his body from the waist down, and then getting superhuman strength in his arms after a double dose of spinach. Think you’re being just a little bit judgmental there Michael...

Another good ride by you by the sounds of it mate 👍👍

well done chaps!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
My points were for the KOM but I paid for it after and when I took it easy at the top and then a group of riders passed me and couldn’t get back on.
Joffey went off like a rocket at the start and he might have got 1st on the sprint but the first one was on the lead in so I’m not sure if it counts or not.
Unlucky Carl with the drop out. Was it your internet or Zwifts reliability?
I think Zwift as I was still riding in world, but everyone vanished. Probably just too many people connected tonight.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Small consolation, I came 5th/29 in my hare and hounds event. I just picked an event shortly after logging on. I hadn't realised that it was up the UCI short course with a 4.5mile climb:crazy:. I climbed it reasonably well, so pleased.

Earlier Id cleared my frustration missing the race by blasting up the Dino climb @358W

Joffey

Big Dosser
Zwift Power has @Marino.g 3rd now and me 5th :becool:

Del C

Veteran
I've been looking for a word to sum up tonight and after a couple of hours of reflection I've come up with "Urrrnghhh" which I think perfectly captures both the effort I put in and pain I felt for almost bugger all reward!

My step up to B continues to be, er...... interesting and instructive. I had a PB on the start out of the pens, but still couldn't quite hang on to the lead group. Settled into a group with @Alongo and was still in the group as we neared the top of the climb out of Saddle Springs, but as we turned into Titan's Grove a tiny gap opened which soon became a chasm and out the back I went with a few others.

That became a group of three that crossed the KoM and stayed together down the descent until one guy jumped off the front and pulled away on the rolling section before we rejoined the desert. I was then in a 2 up time trial across the desert and all the way to the 2nd KoM in Titan's Grove. My partner then jumped and I couldn't follow and I was caught by another 2 up group that had been closing on us.

Again, one jumped and pulled away leaving me to work with the other guy all the way to the finishing line.

The screen told me I'd finished around 70th out of 89, but the Companion App made that 65th out of 68, and Zwiftpower says 49 out of 50....... so getting slightly more depressing as I go along there!

I worked so bloody hard tonight. Even Strava kindly told me 'that was harder than your usual effort". Thanks guys! :surrender:

It really does come down to such fine margins. If I could just have hung on at the start, I'd have probably got dragged across the desert, but those seconds quickly become minutes. And then I look at the times of the guys in C who I was coming home with in the last league and I'm minutes down on them. That get's frustrating.

But on the other hand, I'm pleased with the work I put in. I didn't give in or bail out and that's important to me. And if I can just keep this going and bridge those little gaps, I'm hoping I'll be able to move up a little.

Well, that's theory anyway! :boxing:

All I can say apart from that is great work by all the other guys in B, C and D. The podium places in C and D are great to see!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Del, put some weight on, drop back into C's. Im lucky, that even when at my fittest and lowest weight, I was still below the threshold to move Categories.

I could on flat courses run with B's, anything lumpy, no chance.

Yesterday I was left behind on the climb, but I had a little victory on the flat finish. I caught a higher category, who despite running higher W/kg couldn't drop me. I killed him with my devastating 800W sprint:laugh:

Moral of the story have t bit of padding:okay:

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Del, put some weight on, drop back into C's. Im lucky, that even when at my fittest and lowest weight, I was still below the threshold to move Categories.

I could on flat courses run with B's anything lumpy, no chance.

Yesterday I was left behind on the climb, but I had a little victory on the flat finish. I caught a higher category, who despite running higher W/kg couldn't drop me. I killed him with my devastating 800W sprint:laugh:

Moral of the story have t bit of padding:okay:

Why not put even more timber on and go really boss the D's :smile:

Top Bottom