Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I never joined. I have been enjoying rides in the real world on my race bike. The difference between my commuter and the race bike is like a tank and a Ferrari. I looove speed :biggrin:
You need one of these .....

1586352359775.png

steverob

Guru
https://zwiftinsider.com/anti-sandbagging-plans/

Controls for sandbagging starting to be introduced to Zwift (code already in the current release, but will be rolled out to specific events to begin with and then scaled up).

Zwift will warn you when you are attempting to join a category for which your 1min and 5min power are too high (but will still let you join). If you break an unpublished limit for the 1min and 5min power intervals during a race your pace will be limited and a logo will be applied to your character to indicate that your pace has been limited.

If event organisers get the option to turn on the "prevent sandbagging" feature so people with 1min and 5min power numbers higher than the category they're entering then it will solve most of the problems.
Very interesting. Haven't had a chance to listen to the interview yet, but have read the article on ZwiftInsider and I'm cautiously optimistic.

I've been one of the people on the Zwift official forums who has been very sceptical of the "ghost" idea that Eric Min trailed earlier in the year (while virtually everyone else on there was "ooh how wonderful, this is just perfect"), because I basically believed it wouldn't actually fix the problem, it was just a technical wheeze that looked good on paper; but this idea has a bit more merit.

Especially the warning that you get when trying to join the wrong category - doesn't stop you from joining, but it will make you think twice. Then knowing that you're going to get slowed down to the same speed as a fat knacker like me, well that might just convince you!

Can't wait to see it rolled out across the platform though. Today's "D" race - Zwift says I finished 30th. ZwiftPower has me winning it. Laughable really.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Very interesting. Haven't had a chance to listen to the interview yet, but have read the article on ZwiftInsider and I'm cautiously optimistic.

I've been one of the people on the Zwift official forums who has been very sceptical of the "ghost" idea that Eric Min trailed earlier in the year (while virtually everyone else on there was "ooh how wonderful, this is just perfect"), because I basically believed it wouldn't actually fix the problem, it was just a technical wheeze that looked good on paper; but this idea has a bit more merit.

Especially the warning that you get when trying to join the wrong category - doesn't stop you from joining, but it will make you think twice. Then knowing that you're going to get slowed down to the same speed as a fat knacker like me, well that might just convince you!

Can't wait to see it rolled out across the platform though. Today's "D" race - Zwift says I finished 30th. ZwiftPower has me winning it. Laughable really.
Similar to me last night in C .... 32 (or there abouts) on the road out of a 100 or so. 9th on ZP, but a few of those should be DQ'd. I'm happy coming 32nd so long as the 31 that beat me are in the same cat or it's an open race, no cats

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
@Whorty
Sorted by Sticky:biggrin:
Screenshot_20200408-171716_Chrome.jpg

BurningLegs

Veteran

One subtle change that I think could really help to avoid any accidental sandbaggers is to automatically enter you in an appropriate category for an event. If you try to over ride the default you will see the warning.

If it is really true that a lot of the issue is accidental then this will have a double benefit for Zwift because their new and/or idiot subscribers won’t be annoying those who have entered the correct category, and the new and/or idiot rider will get a better and more competitive racing experience :smile:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
well that worked out pretty well for a first attempt I thought. Some teething problems with a couple of headsets by the sounds of it. And according to the missus I was speaking a lot louder than I realised!

But all in all I had a real good laugh thanks chaps 👍

Top Bottom