Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rob01792

Über Member
think ill give it a shot at the moment I'm subscription less as bkool refunded me and not sure to stick with bkool or go the zwift route there only 1 way ill find out

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
whorty how u finding the change to zwift the ease of set up etc ive been looking now the past few days buts seams more complicated than bkool
It's a completely different experience for me. At first it felt a bit quirky, but now i've been on a few times I'm actually getting to like it. What I miss is the organised rides at set times with you guys (although work schedule has put paid to that recently for me. But, to compensate I now get to ride with hundreds of other people every time I get on the bike.

The organised rides/races are OK, but what I like is the fact you can choose your route, and length of ride, on the fly. So whereas with Bkool you do a ride that say takes 50 mins, if you want to continue you have to find another ride, set it up, and hope it lasts as long as you can manage. With Zwift though, you ride until you want to stop. And if you do a road and think, I'm the only one going this way, everyone else is going the other way, you can turn around and ride with the crowd.

Last night, for example, I wanted to hit 3000 ft of climbing so I kept heading for the hills and changing my course accordingly.

As you are riding, you can see the others around you and the power (w/kg) they are putting out. So, for e.g., there might be someone up the road pushing out 2 w/kg, so I know to catch them i need to push out more. Gives me an incentive to chase them down. Therefore, even when not in a race, you can always set yourself little races during the ride. At least now when I ride I always ride with others, whereas the Bkool races can sometimes feel like a solo ride with others having fun further up the road :sad:

I'm still with BKool at the moment but Zwift has my attention at the moment so I guess I can be considered a traitor :whistle:

bobinski

Legendary Member
took the words out my mouth !
miss what we had but who knows - there may be a way of getting it back in zwift

Whorty has summed it up nicely. You have to get your head around Zwift and it's limitations but it offers and promises a great deal too. We are promised new courses and closed group races so best of both worlds.we will get the others joining us sometime and then we can have our own races together again.

Just about to finish a bottle of wine while watching Arrival. I may struggle a little more than expected tomorrow :rolleyes:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Whorty has summed it up nicely. You have to get your head around Zwift and it's limitations but it offers and promises a great deal too. We are promised new courses and closed group races so best of both worlds.we will get the others joining us sometime and then we can have our own races together again.

Just about to finish a bottle of wine while watching Arrival. I may struggle a little more than expected tomorrow :rolleyes:
Doing social rides and races keeps my interest other wise I'll pootle round and get board after a while.
Can't wait for closed races

bobinski

Legendary Member
1100 people signed up this morning :ohmy: I hope they can cope.

Top Bottom