Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
i am in but cannot see any of you.
i am not rushing off-need to warm up a bit in hope can go at a decent pace up the mountain

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I find even poot-ling around a pleasure on Zwift, there is always someone who will pass you and you can make it into a bit of a race. 100s of riders on Zwift all the time

Perversely this is partly what's putting me off at the moment.

I do laps of Regent's Park in the summer and if I've set myself a distance and time target I find it a little irritating if someone goads me into changing my pace. I suppose I like having set targets / level playing fields so if I am racing others we're both in the same race so to speak. Saying that out loud sounds a little petty!...

I think once zwift has closed races then it's game over though as far as me and bkool are concerned.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Perversely this is partly what's putting me off at the moment.

I do laps of Regent's Park in the summer and if I've set myself a distance and time target I find it a little irritating if someone goads me into changing my pace. I suppose I like having set targets / level playing fields so if I am racing others we're both in the same race so to speak. Saying that out loud sounds a little petty!...

I think once zwift has closed races then it's game over though as far as me and bkool are concerned.

:rolleyes:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Sorry Bob, did I enter the place where you worship your god and pee into the holy water? :cursing:

I was only suggesting the furniture might need re arranging :angel:

Eh?!?

Sorry if I offended you TT. I was in the middle of the Maratona- great ride!-and saw your post and smiled coz surely no one goes to Regent's Park expecting not to race and also you talked about level playing fields and I thought of ....bsim.

I have to move loads of old boxes and furniture into loft today if you want to help? ^_^

bobinski

Legendary Member
That was tough:B)

Bob, how the hell can yout type whilst doing the dolomitesscsdv ?:crazy:

I have to say that is almost the most fun I have had on Zwift. Don't get be wrong, it was frigging tough. Length, intensity all added up to a hard ride. I had power drop outs at first and so a slow start but latched on to a group and we took turns to pace and then up the mountain. After that I got dropped on the descent and waited for another group and worked with them taking long stints at the front until I was told to stop coz the pace was too fast:laugh:
We were joined by others and I would fall off and get back on. It felt just like riding with mates outside. Bonkers really. I had to ease near the end because I could feel my lower back getting sore but average 3w/kg has cheered me no end.
I looked for you and Dean but apart from an occasional glimpse of dean on the link missed you both. If we do big rides like this again we should think about a discord channel.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Eh?!?

Sorry if I offended you TT. I was in the middle of the Maratona- great ride!-and saw your post and smiled coz surely no one goes to Regent's Park expecting not to race and also you talked about level playing fields and I thought of ....bsim.

I have to move loads of old boxes and furniture into loft today if you want to help? ^_^

Ha! Sorry Bob. I was just being my usual sarcastic sod self... I dont think you could cause me offence, you're too much of a gent! I see you as zwifts head sales person round here is all :smile:

You're right it's impossible for someone as competitive as me not to get drawn in at RP but that's why I get frustrated with it / myself as I'm always trying and failing to do more structured sessions. Can't help with the loft im afraid although I won't be far from your neck of the woods in a bit.

Looks like a great ride today bud :okay:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I didnt get huge groups to draft with, then my internet lost connection up the last climb so finished last 14 miles alone. yours and breedon speed uphill was much quicker than me, rightly so.

Provisional results
Bob 246 2hr20
Breedon 363 2hr26
Cxr Andt 582 2hr 40

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I looked for you and Dean but apart from an occasional glimpse of dean on the link missed you both. If we do big rides like this again we should think about a discord channel.

You can tell me the weather ahead :biggrin:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
well i done it ! and must admit it was lovely not to have much hassle - the bkool did play up at the start and i was putting out stupid power without even trying so i leant over and did my IT bit by turning it off and on again what made the resistance kick in proper and managed to stay being dragged along with a group most the way
don't know how to look for people or how to give them a thumb!! but was enjoyable and sure i will pick it up
if they do do closed rides then we are sorted - most enjoyable :biggrin::okay: dont know how to look for results either as just fell off and saved without looking

bobinski

Legendary Member
Ha! Sorry Bob. I was just being my usual sarcastic sod self... I dont think you could cause me offence, you're too much of a gent! I see you as zwifts head sales person round here is all :smile:

You're right it's impossible for someone as competitive as me not to get drawn in at RP but that's why I get frustrated with it / myself as I'm always trying and failing to do more structured sessions. Can't help with the loft im afraid although I won't be far from your neck of the woods in a bit.

Looks like a great ride today bud :okay:

You know you can do structured sessions in Zwift and it's impossible to drop out and give in to your competitive urges without restarting Zwift. Just saying....

Top Bottom