Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
WTRL TTT league last night! :boxing:

Four notable items to report.

@IrishAl makes his Frappe class Premier League debut for IRL Jalapeños finishing in 39.44. How was it Al? Did you give up your DS role?
@Brendan Parker makes his debut in Latte class for BRT Cosmos finishing in 46.02. What did you think Brendan?
At the 4th time of asking I made it right the way to the end in a depleted team of 4 in Frappe class for WTRL Wanderers finishing in 43.31!
@bobinski brings home ZSUNR Protostars in 10th place in Latte class finishing in 43.15. Chapeau!

Achievements all round! :wahhey:

Bonus for me is that I finally got my start right! Realising now that you really need to push from a standing start about 3 seconds before the clock reaches zero, to counter the lag in your avatar responding. You're also starting back behind the start line in random positions, so by the time you cross the line you're actually moving at a reasonable pace and starting to group up in formation.

So, no early breathlessness from having to chase on too hard and that meant I settled into a much better rhythm. Group rode well all the way round the course, which was the event only Magnificent 8 course in Watopia.

I managed to avoid any sticky draft errors this week as well. We passed 6 teams on the 28km route. All different manoeuvres. The first pass was just smooth as our pace was higher. The next 4 were 2 groups of 2 teams with a small gap between them and some small ramps were involved. This meant we had to attack as a group, regroup between the 2 teams we were passing and then attack again. Plenty of scope for screwing up there but we got through as a group.

The last pass was a long one heading into Saddle Springs in the desert. As we were closing in, the team ahead upped their pace and held us at about 3 seconds from the underground oasis area until the approach to Saddle Springs. They were being pulled along by a strong rider at the front, so we sat off and just held the gap. As we approached Saddle Springs, we started to close the gap and then about 1 second behind them we attacked on the small rise as you head through the village just before the climb out of the desert. We upped the pace, made the pass and gapped them on the climb!

From then on, it was just a case of staying together to the top of the climb and then finishing via the descent and Ocean Boulevard before crossing the finishing line!

Glad to have got the mistakes out of my system and to finish as a team!

Lots of discussion lately about how hard it is to hold a pace line formation in the TTT, but here we are pulling it off last night. It does help to have a strong rider on the front! I'm in 3rd wearing my Cyclechat approved green cap!

99384578_256919945378652_9145006871025811456_n.jpg

Last edited:

Del C

Veteran
Haven't seen anything from @bridgy the week, so just posting this as a follow up.

Can you set up a meet up for next Wednesday at 19.00, please Paul for our next TTT/Hare and Hounds race?

Teams as last time but with new adjusted handicaps as published earlier this week.

Post up if you can't make it or if you're joining this one - @Milzy @kipster @JLaw

Banter and general goading/showing off to begin as soon as you want! :biggrin:

Milzy

Guru
Haven't seen anything from @bridgy the week, so just posting this as a follow up.

Can you set up a meet up for next Wednesday at 19.00, please Paul for our next TTT/Hare and Hounds race?

Teams as last time but with new adjusted handicaps as published earlier this week.

Post up if you can't make it or if you're joining this one - @Milzy @kipster @JLaw

Should be ok for this one :smile:

bridgy

Legendary Member

Will do Del - are we doing the same course as last time?

Well done on the TTT by the way - I know exactly what you mean about getting the start right! First time I went too hard and shot off the front, second time the opposite and had a few minutes of really hard chasing to catch back up with the team, third time I got it just about right! Due to some illness and injuries amongst our team we took a week off the TTT - hopefully we'll be back next week :okay:

Del C

Veteran
Will do Del - are we doing the same course as last time?

Well done on the TTT by the way - I know exactly what you mean about getting the start right! First time I went too hard and shot off the front, second time the opposite and had a few minutes of really hard chasing to catch back up with the team, third time I got it just about right! Due to some illness and injuries amongst our team we took a week off the TTT - hopefully we'll be back next week :okay:
Yes same course, Paul.

Thanks for setting this up.

I'll post an update on teams and times on the day.

steverob

Guru

Put me down for this, but there's not a guarantee I can make it. Wednesday's I do the shopping for my parents whilst they can't leave their house. Most weeks I'm usually back home in time for a 7pm ride, but it might be a bit touch and go. For example, this week I wouldn't have made it - otherwise I'd have been able to join @Joffey in his triumphant DBR ride!

Del C

Veteran
Put me down for this, but there's not a guarantee I can make it. Wednesday's I do the shopping for my parents whilst they can't leave their house. Most weeks I'm usually back home in time for a 7pm ride, but it might be a bit touch and go. For example, this week I wouldn't have made it - otherwise I'd have been able to join @Joffey in his triumphant DBR ride!
Hope you can make it Steve, but understand the problem. I'm doing my parents shopping at the moment, but I'm lucky enough to be able to do it first thing in the morning.

Marino.g

Veteran

Should be ok but work is manic at the mo

kipster

Guru
Next week is the last week of the workplace challenge. I'm in bits now, so by Wednesday I'll be a ruin. Still, I'm on target for 800+ miles over 26 continuous days of riding. The bad news is this will leave me firmly in second place.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Next week is the last week of the workplace challenge. I'm in bits now, so by Wednesday I'll be a ruin. Still, I'm on target for 800+ miles over 26 continuous days of riding. The bad news is this will leave me firmly in second place.

Fancy being DS? :okay:

@Brendan Parker makes his debut in Latte class for BRT Cosmos finishing in 46.02. What did you think Brendan?
Well for my first attempt I think it went really well, I think having done the CC TT gave me a good taster as to what to expect, was a big surprise to me when I got put into my team and instructed to join the A ride:eek:, as you can imagine my ass fell out! then done some researching on WTRL site a much to my relief found they were just the different starting pens ^_^. PAced it quite well and made it to the end with a bit in the tank. first time together as a team so lots to work on as you said getting the pace line is quite hard. but all in all really enjoyed it :okay:

Del C

Veteran
Still a good effort!

As @Norry1 says you're welcome back as DS!!

bobinski

Legendary Member
WTRL TTT league last night! :boxing:

Four notable items to report.

@IrishAl makes his Frappe class Premier League debut for IRL Jalapeños finishing in 39.44. How was it Al? Did you give up your DS role?
At the 4th time of asking I made it right the way to the end in a depleted team of 4 in Frappe class for WTRL Wanderers finishing in 43.31!
@bobinski brings home ZSUNR Protostars in 10th place in Latte class finishing in 43.15. Chapeau!

Achievements all round! :wahhey:

Bonus for me is that I finally got my start right! Realising now that you really need to push from a standing start about 3 seconds before the clock reaches zero, to counter the lag in your avatar responding. You're also starting back behind the start line in random positions, so by the time you cross the line you're actually moving at a reasonable pace and starting to group up in formation.

So, no early breathlessness from having to chase on too hard and that meant I settled into a much better rhythm. Group rode well all the way round the course, which was the event only Magnificent 8 course in Watopia.

I managed to avoid any sticky draft errors this week as well. We passed 6 teams on the 28km route. All different manoeuvres. The first pass was just smooth as our pace was higher. The next 4 were 2 groups of 2 teams with a small gap between them and some small ramps were involved. This meant we had to attack as a group, regroup between the 2 teams we were passing and then attack again. Plenty of scope for screwing up there but we got through as a group.

The last pass was a long one heading into Saddle Springs in the desert. As we were closing in, the team ahead upped their pace and held us at about 3 seconds from the underground oasis area until the approach to Saddle Springs. They were being pulled along by a strong rider at the front, so we sat off and just held the gap. As we approached Saddle Springs, we started to close the gap and then about 1 second behind them we attacked on the small rise as you head through the village just before the climb out of the desert. We upped the pace, made the pass and gapped them on the climb!

From then on, it was just a case of staying together to the top of the climb and then finishing via the descent and Ocean Boulevard before crossing the finishing line!

Glad to have got the mistakes out of my system and to finish as a team!

Lots of discussion lately about how hard it is to hold a pace line formation in the TTT, but here we are pulling it off last night. It does help to have a strong rider on the front! I'm in 3rd wearing my Cyclechat approved green cap!

View attachment 524044

Well done boys!
I really am enjoying TTT.
My team may have qualified for the PL so quite pleased given we are quite unevenly balanced. Most are big, as much as 100 kilos, so staying with them on the flat needed a lot of watts. Any drop in power and I was out the back of a pretty small group. Being lighter and a little stronger meant I shot off up the KOM and had to slow to wait but then they were dragging me around on the flat so all good. Really great team performance and TP says I hit a new threshold power to top off a successful evening.
oh and 39.44 is just insane!

Joffey

Big Dosser

Sorry Team D, as much as I enjoyed the TTT I'll be defending my DBR Boerkop Cykler Cup position on Wednesday. I'm pretty gutted as I would have liked to give you all a proper shift without my trainer malfunction.

Good luck @Ketty @Marino.g & @JLaw (and @steverob if you make it) :okay:

Top Bottom