Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I'm fairly new to Zwift & really enjoying it... šŸ‘
My only problem lies in using an approx. 7 year old laptop to run it. I use ant+ to connect to my smart trainer but the slow running laptop is not always helping the smooth running of the 'game'.
I've tried downloading Zwift to my daughters tablets but neither are compatible!

What other set ups do people use / recommend ?
Get a new laptop, the latest PCs are more than capable of running Zwift in HD. I have and i5 with 8gb ram NUC PC. I link it to a 32" TV via HDMI. It can run Zwift and record the ride simultaneously no problems

Limited budget- cancel my suggestion

JuhaL

Guru
i Know this isn't a budget solution but i have a MacBook Pro but at least it's fast with Zwift. I try to save some euros so i bought MacBook Pro with a smallest display.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
personally after using windows for years and just buying an appletv , the difference so far is amazing (touch wood) wish i had done it years ago after suffering years of windows doing whatever it wants when it wants to , waiting with crossed fingers to see if zwift loads - atv just works ! talks to my phone without issue connects to hrm and neo as soon as i turn it on . i would seriously think about it - dont know if they go cheap on auction sites ?

BurningLegs

Veteran
@Spartak - I donā€™t think youā€™ll be able to buy a device capable of running Zwift for less than an Apple TV. As someone else mentioned, currently Ā£150, so less than a laptop or tablet...

One thing to note is that Apple are expected to release anew model this year. That will likely push prices of current models down as the year progresses, but it is likely to be superseded soon and the price point of the new device may even be lower than the current model (Apple are trying to compete with Netflix so will want their boxes out there).

mjd1988

Guru
@Spartak I run an old hp laptop, but I literally wiped everything from it, full system restore, so there's nothing else using any memory (I do have chrome downloaded but I definitely don't run it as the same time as zwift as it would wreck it). Works fine for me

kipster

Guru
I'm fairly new to Zwift & really enjoying it... šŸ‘
My only problem lies in using an approx. 7 year old laptop to run it. I use ant+ to connect to my smart trainer but the slow running laptop is not always helping the smooth running of the 'game'.
I've tried downloading Zwift to my daughters tablets but neither are compatible!

What other set ups do people use / recommend ?
I ran an old laptop until recently, an ssd is a worthwhile upgrade, but to be fair at 7 years itā€™s done itā€™s job and probably needs retirement, an ssd might buy you another year or so, but would probably be wasted money.

My new laptop is a mid range gaming laptop and runs Zwift very well.

Top Bottom