Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BurningLegs

Veteran
I’m happy to allow a cyclechat / ZSUNR breakaway to get up the road So you, MJD, Bridgy, attack early and often 😁
Would love to be helping out this week. Frequent attacks sounds fun! One by one taking it in turns it all going together? I’d say all go together once or twice at the start then some solos if it doesn’t stick? Sounds fun!!

I'm still level 29 so I haven't even unlocked the irony filters yet :tired:
I think you only get them in the Alpe roulette wheel after 666 ascents!

mjd1988

Guru
Would love to be helping out this week. Frequent attacks sounds fun! One by one taking it in turns it all going together? I’d say all go together once or twice at the start then some solos if it doesn’t stick? Sounds fun!!

I think you only get them in the Alpe roulette wheel after 666 ascents!

Good luck in the a race!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Just posted up on DC Rainmaker re the Zwift TdF ...
The Stages are semi-fictional: While it would have been nice to see all of the new French roads mirror some real-world counterpart, the reality is that with the exception of Paris and Mt. Ventoux the terrain doesn’t actually align to a specific real-world locale

Such as shame and a bit confusing. So they have created 'France' but they may have just left it as part of Watopia given the roads are fictional and the maps/GPS are islands in the middle of nowhere (like Watopia). Would have been nice had they gone the same route as London, Innsbruck etc with real roads that people recognise.

Or connected it to Watopia. I guess it was part of the agreement with Le Tour.

Also confirmed that the roads will be open to all after the tour. My worry is that with just the figure of 8 (watch GP Lama's youtube video) and Ventoux, there aren't lots of reasons to ride the new France World. I wonder if it'll get added to over time?

BurningLegs

Veteran
Good luck in the a race!
Thanks mate. Finished in the front group but made two mistakes towards the finish. The first one was being too far back in the group at the start of the climb which meant I had to ride through the field and inevitably pick up some stragglers who followed me to the finish.

The second mistake was my foot came out of a pedal about 0.5KM from the finish when I felt like I could be on for a top ten finish! Unfortunately there was no coming back from it, I lost motivation and blew up with less than 100M to go. Finished 23/42 on Zwift and 23/28 on Zwiftpower but reckon I lost about half a dozen places through those mistakes. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

mjd1988

Guru
That was all quite fun until the road when uphill (did I say I wanted more climbs?!)

@IrishAl well done. If the first two are upgraded (due to sectarianism of course) then doggart and you are one two I reckon, leaving you with the series win?

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Yes the champagne has been popped woohoo!
It looks like the final Zwiftpower league results are now updated and I just about made it. It was very close in the end between Peter Doggart and I. Just 3 points separating us. Thanks Tommy for towing me back in the final kilometre- I owe you big time as without that I am sure I would have been several more places behind PD tonight and that would have cost me the league. I don’t remember too much about the finish but I think I overtook at least 3 riders with 200m to go plus I then had to content with a couple who had managed to cross from the group behind.

Nice to see you on the attack Paul. You got a good gap at one point but with that course and no one else helping you it was going to be hard to stay out.

Phew - nearly blew it! Thanks for the support tonight and the last couple of races. It really helped and hopefully I can repay in a race soon. Have a virtual glass of bubbly on me!
A78B62D3-D8C5-4ABD-B4A2-A1939CBBB28B.jpeg

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Thanks mate. Finished in the front group but made two mistakes towards the finish. The first one was being too far back in the group at the start of the climb which meant I had to ride through the field and inevitably pick up some stragglers who followed me to the finish.

The second mistake was my foot came out of a pedal about 0.5KM from the finish when I felt like I could be on for a top ten finish! Unfortunately there was no coming back from it, I lost motivation and blew up with less than 100M to go. Finished 23/42 on Zwift and 23/28 on Zwiftpower but reckon I lost about half a dozen places through those mistakes. 🤦‍♂️
Well done on staying with the group for so long. There were some big hitters out tonight.

bridgy

Legendary Member
It looks like the final Zwiftpower league results are now updated and I just about made it. It was very close in the end between Peter Doggart and I. Just 3 points separating us. Thanks Tommy for towing me back in the final kilometre- I owe you big time as without that I am sure I would have been several more places behind PD tonight and that would have cost me the league. I don’t remember too much about the finish but I think I overtook at least 3 riders with 200m to go plus I then had to content with a couple who had managed to cross from the group behind.

Nice to see you on the attack Paul. You got a good gap at one point but with that course and no one else helping you it was going to be hard to stay out.

Phew - nearly blew it! Thanks for the support tonight and the last couple of races. It really helped and hopefully I can repay in a race soon. Have a virtual glass of bubbly on me!
View attachment 533248
Well I knew I'd never stay away but I thought it might be fun to spice things up a little bit!

Well done Al, great win overall :bravo:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

View attachment 533248

I’m glad and a bit relieved you think I helped to be honest because when I dropped back from the group and tried to sit in front of you to pull I wasn’t sure if I was helping or hindering you. And it kind of buggered up my rhythm stopping and starting so it left me dead!

Well done amigo you deserved it 👍. I only did a couple of the races with you but I think you rode the races very nice controlled all the way.

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

1/10 for the excuses but much higher marks for holding your own In the race! 😄. Great stuff mate 👍

Top Bottom