Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
First cafe stop since lockdown!

Living the life!

2C9AF552-68B1-4287-85D2-5B12C079157E.jpeg

Well a mixed couple of days.
It was the final event of the 3R league for me last night. Preparations went well. Cleaned chain 🤨. Started the race 3rd in GC and second place a no show. 4th place was a couple of minutes behind so surely a podium. All I had to do was finish in the front group! Easy hey. Well all was going well and lap 7 dolphin on the Crit up out of the saddle and crack! Chain went. Actually the quick link had been reused once more than it should have. Game over. DNF on stage 7 of 7. Absolutely gutted.
Sulked all night and got up early and there was another Crit race on. I had unfinished business 😂. So won that and got bumped to B for being billy big balls 😬. So anyone want a trophy cabinet I won’t be needing it for some time.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It was the final event of the 3R league for me last night. Preparations went well. Cleaned chain 🤨. Started the race 3rd in GC and second place a no show. 4th place was a couple of minutes behind so surely a podium. All I had to do was finish in the front group! Easy hey. Well all was going well and lap 7 dolphin on the Crit up out of the saddle and crack! Chain went. Actually the quick link had been reused once more than it should have. Game over. DNF on stage 7 of 7. Absolutely gutted.
Sulked all night and got up early and there was another Crit race on. I had unfinished business 😂. So won that and got bumped to B for being billy big balls 😬. So anyone want a trophy cabinet I won’t be needing it for some time.
That made I chuckle, so it did :laugh:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Ah no! I had visions of my IRL league slipping away up the road on Monday and it almost happened. The pressure was on as I was in pole position going into the last round. Mechanicals or Zwift connectivity can strike at any time. Best of luck in B! A growing band of us! :rolleyes:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I climbed Mt Ventoux on FulGaz over the weekend abd took me 2hrs 1min (I was devastated by that 1 min!) so for a rider like me it's twice the time of the Alpe. Be a nice challenge to go up in Zwift, but only for the strong of leg (or the weight dopers/bots ha ha).
the Zwift insider article links to the Virtual Strava segments and looks like almost 30 people have used the hack To set times. Best being 59mins but a cohort around 1h30 / 1h45.

steverob

Guru
Zwift insider reporting Mt Ven goes past chalet Reynard and the Simpson memorial to the top of ventoux 👌
https://zwiftinsider.com/route/ven-top/
Apparently the only reason why the pro race is stopping at Chalet Reynard (which is where the initial confusion came from over whether Zwift were giving us the full climb or not) is because of time limits. Because the races are going to be televised, they were only allowed a certain amount of time for each stage, so rather than have a longer race but have the broadcast join it "in progress", they chose to set the stage as 2/3rds of the climb (with a flat bit beforehand) and could cover the whole stage live.

Ah no! I had visions of my IRL league slipping away up the road on Monday and it almost happened. The pressure was on as I was in pole position going into the last round. Mechanicals or Zwift connectivity can strike at any time. Best of luck in B! A growing band of us! :rolleyes:
Cheers Al. A new chapter of trying not to be last again 😂
I will be joining your new league on Mondays 👍🏼

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I climbed Mt Ventoux on FulGaz over the weekend abd took me 2hrs 1min (I was devastated by that 1 min!) so for a rider like me it's twice the time of the Alpe. Be a nice challenge to go up in Zwift, but only for the strong of leg (or the weight dopers/bots ha ha).
I think my real life time from Malaucene was 2hr40. I was meant to be doing the Cingles that day, but was so tired after 1 climb I bailed, went back to the hotel:sad: The day before we'd done an 80 mile recovery ride-there is the excuse:laugh:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I think my real life time from Malaucene was 2hr40. I was meant to be doing the Cingles that day, but was so tired after 1 climb I bailed, went back to the hotel:sad: The day before we'd done an 80 mile recovery ride-there is the excuse:laugh:
I'm guessing a lot less wind on the turbo compared to real life :laugh: I'm under no illusions that if I ever get to ride it for real that my times will be significantly slower (and more walking!)

Del C

Veteran
2.10.39 for me.

I was also doing the Cingles but had stomach cramps the night before and bailed out about 7kms on the 2nd climb up from Bedoin. Just didn't have it in me. Limped home via the Col de Madeleine which goes round the side of Ventoux and maxes at about 480m.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
2.10.39 for me.

I was also doing the Cingles but had stomach cramps the night before and bailed out about 7kms on the 2nd climb up from Bedoin. Just didn't have it in me. Limped home via the Col de Madeleine who goes round the side of Ventoux and maxes at about 480m.

Same here descended in Bedion, spotted nice cafe, had second breakfast,:hungry: pottered up Madeleine to Malaucene

Top Bottom