Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Off topic, but today I’m expecting delivery of some timber for various home DIY jobs. Amngst the materials is a sheets of ply wood to make a rocker plate. ^_^

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Zwiftpower just DQ'd me for WKG in the Cat. C Crit City Race I averaged 3.5w/kg...:laugh:

According to Strava I averaged 41.1 km/h my fastest pace for that distance...

Probably my strongest race yet.... ( sweated like a pig !!! ), I do like this distance :okay:
However having only been Zwifting for a couple of months & struggled in the IRL Cat. C race on Monday don't feel ready to move up.... :ohmy:

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Zwiftpower just DQ'd me for WKG in the Cat. C Crit City Race I averaged 3.5w/kg...:laugh:

View attachment 534952

View attachment 534953

View attachment 534954

View attachment 534955

View attachment 534956

Probably my strongest race yet.... ( sweated like a pig !!! ), I do like this distance :okay:
However having only been Zwifting for a couple of months & struggled in the IRL Cat. C race on Monday don't feel ready to move up.... :ohmy:
Looks like you've officially been bumped up to Cat B - another victim of the curse of the short crit race!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

Welcome to B :okay:

I think you have the power but maybe lack the surge/recover aspects of Zwift racing which you can get from racing, or doing some interval workouts.

I pretty much never hit the highest C numbers but contest well in C races and can hold on to lower end B groups. I've learned to be able to push big for a minute, then 'cruise' in the group and take micro rests ready for the next surge. @mjd1988 is also great at this

Whorty

Signed up to 15:05 3R London Clasique race if anyone fancies a spin. All cats together so be a challenge to hang on to wheels.

Whorty

Thanks @Whorty ... can you or anyone else recommend some interval workouts ?

As you quoted the power is there its just that the surge/recovery isn't... 😳
There are loads of possible workouts in Zwift - just screen shot a few below as examples but have a skim through and see what you think. What you're looking for I think is a workout that pushes you over your FTP for a period, followed by a recovery then back into a high intensity again. These are the kinds of workouts I do and they hurt ... alot!

Have a play around - beats just pootling around :okay:

1594300143062.png

1594300215022.png

1594300252891.png

Norry1

Legendary Member
Thanks @Whorty ... can you or anyone else recommend some interval workouts ?

As you quoted the power is there its just that the surge/recovery isn't... 😳

One way to do it is to enter some races and use them as training. i.e. don't try and win them - but bust a gut each time there is a surge not caring if you blow up later. This will push you harder than normal and hopefully force the adaptation.

Whorty

One way to do it is to enter some races and use them as training. i.e. don't try and win them - but bust a gut each time there is a surge not caring if you blow up later. This will push you harder than normal and hopefully force the adaptation.
This is actually my tactic - strange as it may seem, I never try to win a race I just bust a gut to try and stick to the group I'm in. When I pop, I recover until the next group comes along and rinse and repeat. It does mean when I get to the sprint I have nothing left :laugh:

Top Bottom