Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
You're a bad man :laugh:

First sprint is done before 3km - if I scramble a couple of points there it'll be a nice relaxed ride after that, so not all lies!

I've got a new headset so should be able to go on discord again all being well

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
First sprint is done before 3km - if I scramble a couple of points there it'll be a nice relaxed ride after that, so not all lies!

I've got a new headset so should be able to go on discord again all being well
I'll do my normal .... hang on for dear life until I pop :laugh: Then hope I can find @Del C 's wheel to surf for the rest of the ride :bicycle::bicycle:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Had my first "cleat moment" in a very long time yesterday :smile:

As I came to a stop outside my daughter's house, I went to pull out my left foot and it wouldn't come out. I tried again with the same result and then ......... zero speed crash, toppling slowly to my left. I got the usual war woulds of a bleeding knee and bruised and scratched hip.

I thought the cleat must be worn, but for the rest of the day I had no issue with it. Strange :smile:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Had my first "cleat moment" in a very long time yesterday :smile:

As I came to a stop outside my daughter's house, I went to pull out my left foot and it wouldn't come out. I tried again with the same result and then ......... zero speed crash, toppling slowly to my left. I got the usual war woulds of a bleeding knee and bruised and scratched hip.

I thought the cleat must be worn, but for the rest of the day I had no issue with it. Strange :smile:
Last one I had , the cleat had lost 2 bolts so when I twisted foot , nothing happened - nothing beats the feeling of panic when A slow motion Fall is imminent

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Rode the 8am edition of stage 2 L'Etape.
Nice course with some good scenery, pretty flat until the Petit KOM climb towards the end of the route.

I was going well until the climb on the second lap when I ran out of gas... 😉

Some images from the ride...

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Also just done stage 2
You don’t realise how much the flats sap your legs till the little climbs come !

JuhaL

Guru
Also just done stage 2
You don’t realise how much the flats sap your legs till the little climbs come !
I can imagine that. I start my stage 2 soon, i try to take it easy and avoid compete with anyone. Despite of that my hr probably goes high anyway. Over 6000 riders so i should find many paces.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Tuesdays CycleChat Race

Here are all the details for our ‘private’ cycle chat race. This race will be all start together on standard road bikes.
🧿Sign on at - https://www.zwift.com/events/view/948635
🧿Race Type: Standard road race. All start together after set time dealt First to the line wins. Results in Zwiftpower.
🧿Everyone should enter the B pen (per the race organisers rules so no fear of being called a sandbagger)
🧿We all wait for 5 minutes until me or Tommy give the go for a neutralised roll out for 1.6km or 1 mile.
🧿Event starts 6:30pm so we will be off at 6:35pm after the 5 minute wait.
🧿Tommy or me will give the “race go” message after the roll out distance.
🧿Gentleman’s rule should be no immediate attacks - to prevent me or tommy having an advantage or catching someone off guard.
🧿Anyone who misses the start can try and catch up but the group won’t wait.
🧿Any false starts and the rider can wait provided they are within sight of the start pen.
🧿Blatant cheating will be given the traditional CycleChat treatment!

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Tuesdays CycleChat Race

Here are all the details for our ‘private’ cycle chat race. This race will be all start together on standard road bikes.
🧿Sign on at - https://www.zwift.com/events/view/948635
🧿Everyone should enter the B pen (per the race organisers rules so no fear of being called a sandbagger)
🧿We all wait for 5 minutes until me or Tommy give the go for a neutralised roll out for 1.6km or 1 mile.
🧿Event starts 6:30pm so we will be off at 6:35pm after the 5 minute wait.
🧿Tommy or me will give the “race go” message after the roll out distance.
🧿Gentleman’s rule should be no immediate attacks - to prevent me or tommy having an advantage or catching someone off guard.
🧿Anyone who misses the start can try and catch up but the group won’t wait.
🧿Any false starts and the rider can wait provided they are within sight of the start pen.
🧿Blatant cheating will be given the traditional CycleChat treatment!
Stupid question from me, but is this a straight race after the neutralised roll out? TT bikes or normal bikes with drafting?

Top Bottom