Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
It's what us oldies do, onto Betamax 👴
Good old days. I have read that someones hobbies these days are also vhs-tapes and c-cassette tapes. I have JVC vhs-recorder but not been use that for a long time.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
@IrishAl looks like you've accidentally signed up to C cat tomorrow night :okay:

☺️ I was Just looking to stir up some irrational responses from fellow Zwifters. I’ll leave it until 5 mins before the race and might even dip into the C pen just for a laugh

The issue I had with the climb yesterday is that while the segment is only 400 metres in length, the road starts going upwards for a fair bit before the official start point (albeit in stages), so you're probably climbing for just under 1km and that was too long for me to be able to hang on to the pack I was with.
Thanks for the heads up @steverob. I haven’t done this course yet. I’m told that Zwiftpower is now able to recognise the aqueduct prime so it’s now 20 points for this and 30 points at the finish.
It will be interesting to see if the aqueducct prime / climb could split the Front group. It’s a long run in to the finish so it will depend on group size. If young Coleman is racing in B then I don’t see anyone beating him to the 20 points but he is beatable in the final sprint.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Good old days. I have read that someones hobbies these days are also vhs-tapes and c-cassette tapes. I have JVC vhs-recorder but not been use that for a long time.
If you've still got music cassettes then you'll need one of these ....

1596989781996.png

Whorty

☺ I was Just looking to stir up some irrational responses from fellow Zwifters. I’ll leave it until 5 mins before the race and might even dip into the C pen just for a laugh
:laugh:

Thanks for the heads up @steverob. I haven’t done this course yet. I’m told that Zwiftpower is now able to recognise the aqueduct prime so it’s now 20 points for this and 30 points at the finish.
It will be interesting to see if the aqueducct prime / climb could split the Front group. It’s a long run in to the finish so it will depend on group size. If young Coleman is racing in B then I don’t see anyone beating him to the 20 points but he is beatable in the final sprint.
I rode the course today on a workout and video'd it so I could share with you guys. Just uploading to YouTube now. It's an interesting route. pan flat until the koM but as Steve says the road goes up before the KoM starts. The second half of the route is very rolling. Definitely check the last 4-5km ... there are a couple of risers that are prime for attacks :okay:

steverob

Guru
Don't know if it will split the group, as it's still not all that long, but at the very least it will string it out.

We had a very nice little blob going around the top half of the course, even through the sprints, but it turned into a long conga line as soon as we hit the slopes before the actual climb officially began. I was then dropped off the back of that group by the time we were on the climb itself, so didn't get to see how damaging it was at the front of the field e.g. whether there were splits or not, but I don't think so (or if it did, it probably all came back together on the downhill). However it may be one of those where you need to be watching a few wheels ahead of you to make sure there isn't a gap growing and you're on the wheel of someone who isn't chasing.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
This IRL cycling is a dangerous game! Was cycling along minding my own business, when a black dot came into my vision, next thing I know, was excruciating pain as the b'stard wasp stung me right on the tip ... of my tongue!! So I just crunched it a bit and spat it out!

JuhaL

Guru
This IRL cycling is a dangerous game! Was cycling along minding my own business, when a black dot came into my vision, next thing I know, was excruciating pain as the b'stard wasp stung me right on the tip ... of my tongue!! So I just crunched it a bit and spat it out!
I have noticed many times when i go IRL ride, i don't need to bring any food in my jersey pockets, all food flies in my mouth during a ride xx(

Whorty

For those doing the IRL league ride tomorrow below is my ride on the course today. I started the recording just after the start pens so the distance counter tomorrow will be out by about 300 mtrs.

Pan flat for about 13km. The road starts to go up just after the lavender fields on the right ... this is where you'll need to position in the pack ready for the climb. The KoM itself starts flat then ramps up, to finish flat again. Could be an interesting place for attacks.

Anyway - have a shufty and hope it helps for tomorrow :okay:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
If any of you want to have a say in the revised highway code being proposed

Fill in this form

https://www.gov.uk/government/consu...ety-for-cyclists-pedestrians-and-horse-riders

To bump it up for anyone one interested. I filled in the online consultation listed in the above link. It takes 10 mins max to read through and answer all the amendments proposed, all of which are sensible, giving a lot more protection for pedestrians, cyclists and horsey folk.

eg vehicles should not cut across a cyclists when turning left, cyclists have priority on roundabouts and ride centrally more unless its a busy carriageway. Overtaking vehicles should have minimum of 1.5 metres passing at slow speeds and 2 metres for higher speeds. Lorries minimum 2 metre passing.

There are some things cyclists must do too given as there will be a heirarchy of responsibility with pedestrians being more vulnerable. So cyclists probably will have to give way on side streets and junctions- dont disagree personally with that.

Andy

Top Bottom