Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Why don’t we try an individual race but setting riders off in groups almost like the handicapped team TT but glory for the individual. It would introduce some more tactics as The groups can work together or individuals can try going solo etc. Everyone should be in with a chance and if groups come together towards the finish then the lower cat riders still have a chance to hang on and go for a sprint.
I really like that idea ! - haven’t voted but will do any night , shouldn’t be a problem

mjd1988

Guru
Why don’t we try an individual race but setting riders off in groups almost like the handicapped team TT but glory for the individual. It would introduce some more tactics as The groups can work together or individuals can try going solo etc. Everyone should be in with a chance and if groups come together towards the finish then the lower cat riders still have a chance to hang on and go for a sprint.

Yeah that sounds good. I would also say if your caught you can try and latch on- chances are you won't be it stops your race from being over when you are caught

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’m game for that. It’ll make it easier to set groups too if people join late or drop out.

The handicap timing element will be a crap shoot for me and Al to work out because it’s impossible to say which groups will play cat and mouse from the off and which will work as a team to stay ahead. But it doesn’t really matter too much
(:addict:)

<Tommy>

I know that handicap races are a pain in the arse to a) organise in the first place then b) make sure everyone departs at the right times; but for those of us at the rear end of the field they are a lot more fun than a mass start event. For one thing, we actually get to see everyone else at a location on the course as you zip by us one by one, and not just at the start line as the whole group disappears off over the horizon!

I think I probably prefer individual TTs to team ones (especially as teams can be very uneven with last minute drop outs), but both of them are still pretty fun.

I agree I think the handicaps are great fun.

To be honest it wasn’t too bad last time. I think it helped that I was last off the line. Which made sending everyone off relatively straight forward. But the more we do the slicker it’ll get.

Del C

Veteran
I’ve voted but my availability is a bit shot at the moment. Tuesdays and Thursdays definitely out for now. Monday and Wednesdays possible but depends on what’s going on in any week.

If I can make the day you decide on then I’ll join up.

Joffey

Big Dosser

I like the sound of that 👍🏻

I voted in the poll, Wednesday for me if poss.

<Tommy>

Numbers do seem slightly thin on the ground at the moment. Can’t think why!

@Alongo, @Marino.g, @Milzy, @Norry1, @CXRAndy @peterob @anyone else I can’t think of right now. Fancy it?

It is going to be a fair bit cooler next week so maybe that’ll persuade people. Maybe... :heat:

Also we promised the next one would be flatter than the last couple if that sways people’s mind :angel:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Numbers do seem slightly thin on the ground at the moment. Can’t think why!

@Alongo, @Marino.g, @Milzy, @Norry1, @CXRAndy @peterob @anyone else I can’t think of right now. Fancy it?

It is going to be a fair bit cooler next week so maybe that’ll persuade people. Maybe... :heat:

Also we promised the next one would be flatter than the last couple if that sways people’s mind :angel:

Just too busy, finding trades, to do work in a reasonable time frame, is proving nigh on impossible. so I brushed up on my plumbing, next electrical, and plastering :whistle:

Oh and the heat, complete lack or riding in the last few months makes for a non competitive Andy :crazy:

Last edited:
Anyone else found since the steering update the dynamics have changed a bit in respect to doing round riders. Was going up a small climb and couldn’t get passed someone. Sticky draft X 10. Was as if I should be sterrring round them but obviously couldn’t. Seems it affects riders without the steering also 🤨

Edit. Seems to be only rides with steering allowed. Bummer

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Anyone else found since the steering update the dynamics have changed a bit in respect to doing round riders. Was going up a small climb and couldn’t get passed someone. Sticky draft X 10. Was as if I should be sterrring round them but obviously couldn’t. Seems it affects riders without the steering also 🤨

Edit. Seems to be only rides with steering allowed. Bummer

I'd like there to be a combination of non steering and steering.

eg you can ride straight thru another avatar if you don't apply steering, but soon as you apply an input you have to go round the avatar. After a few seconds it defaults back to non steering features.

I'd like there to be a combination of non steering and steering.

eg you can ride straight thru another avatar if you don't apply steering, but soon as you apply an input you have to go round the avatar. After a few seconds it defaults back to non steering features.
That’s what I thought was going to happen. But seems on steering events everyone is affected. More so at slow speed climbing. Also coming out of the pens everyone shifts to a particular “lane”??

BurningLegs

Veteran
That’s what I thought was going to happen. But seems on steering events everyone is affected. More so at slow speed climbing. Also coming out of the pens everyone shifts to a particular “lane”??
Hmm, so unless you’ve got the steering plate avoid all races with steering enabled?!

Top Bottom