Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I'm nearly ready to return to Zwift after some decent long rides outdoors. What's the current league(s) etc that we are targeting?
A few of us have been doing the Tuesday evening 3R Sundown league at 1940. Think there’s only one or two weeks to go. The Team Irl League next starts up on October 9th, a Friday. It’s 6 weeks and they’ve lined up prizes for top 3 in each category plus looking to do a separate sprinter competition and KOM competition with jerseys for the winners. Friday evenings dont really suit me so I’m not sure if I’ll do it, but given the prizes I could be tempted 🤓

The other big news is a new Zwift Race League - on Tuesdays from October 13th (which prompted the Team IRL change). 6 man race teams based on Categories With promotion and relegation at the end. I don’t know how that will work out. We haven’t had too much chat about it on here. I’m sure the ZSun boys will have a plethora of teams. I’m going to try and get some Cat B IRL teams Organised (@mjd1988 nudge nudge wink wink) but always open to offers.

Del C

Veteran
Not last night, but I'm planning to do stage 4 of the 3R Sundowner race series tonight at 19.40 - hoping things go slightly better than last week's disaster! (Although I did do running again last night so possibly not!). Anyone else doing this?
*Checks to see if @<Tommy> is looking*

I started the 16.05 3R Sundowner. Had to bail out after 3kms. Legs felt strong and I was up with the front group, but I'm suffering with sinus trouble, with bonus blocked ears. I just couldn't breathe properly and it was obvious I wouldn't make it to the end, so I just bailed and went and did a sulky solo ride around France.

(insert sulking gif here - I couldn't be bothered to look for one!)

mjd1988

Guru
A few of us have been doing the Tuesday evening 3R Sundown league at 1940. Think there’s only one or two weeks to go. The Team Irl League next starts up on October 9th, a Friday. It’s 6 weeks and they’ve lined up prizes for top 3 in each category plus looking to do a separate sprinter competition and KOM competition with jerseys for the winners. Friday evenings dont really suit me so I’m not sure if I’ll do it, but given the prizes I could be tempted 🤓

The other big news is a new Zwift Race League - on Tuesdays from October 13th (which prompted the Team IRL change). 6 man race teams based on Categories With promotion and relegation at the end. I don’t know how that will work out. We haven’t had too much chat about it on here. I’m sure the ZSun boys will have a plethora of teams. I’m going to try and get some Cat B IRL teams Organised (@mjd1988 nudge nudge wink wink) but always open to offers.

If I'm still a b at that point the I'm in 👍

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Al are you signed up to do it with team Ireland? I only ask because I’d rather just make a team of pals if possible. Alternately could we get a Cyclechat team going under the team Ireland banner? If neither it’s possible no worries mate.

<Tommy>

*Checks to see if @<Tommy> is looking*

I started the 16.05 3R Sundowner. Had to bail out after 3kms. Legs felt strong and I was up with the front group, but I'm suffering with sinus trouble, with bonus blocked ears. I just couldn't breathe properly and it was obvious I wouldn't make it to the end, so I just bailed and went and did a sulky solo ride around France.

(insert sulking gif here - I couldn't be bothered to look for one!)

( 😄Hope you feel better soon mate)

Ketty

Über Member

Thanks for the update @IrishAl - the Friday sounds good but not the greatest night so I will decide near the time. As for the Tuesday team Zwift event I’m happy to join a team but if it’s in categories I’m not sure we have a 6 person offering in CC so I’m open to tagging along if any of your Irish team guys need a 6th member

mjd1988

Guru
Wow 😳 that was relentless, you guys do that every week?!

Very strong field, a lot of whom stayed together the whole race. Managed to stick until end of penultimate lap when the field was strung out just enough that elastic started snapping all in front of me and couldn't bridge.

Legs felt good and finally recalibrated trainer beforehand for first time in a few weeks (wheel on trainer...results with a pinch of salt). Pretty good course for a FTP test.

JLaw

Veteran
Me too, haven't scouted a race though.
Ugh. Signed up for and got into the pens for the 3R race today with Steve and one other CC member. Was fiddling with the music on my tablet, hit the wrong button closing the zwift companion app, which disconnected all my sensors. O(*&@$

Sorry guys...

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **

Very strong field, a lot of whom stayed together the whole race. Managed to stick until end of penultimate lap when the field was strung out just enough that elastic started snapping all in front of me and couldn't bridge.

Legs felt good and finally recalibrated trainer beforehand for first time in a few weeks (wheel on trainer...results with a pinch of salt). Pretty good course for a FTP test.
I think I was one of the ones in front of you who let the elastic snap. Started off badly when I couldn’t find my HRM - so my heart wasn’t fully in it (excuse the pun) plus the 000/100 excuse rating of run bike bike race was playing on my mind as well 😭. Once I got the first lap done I was feeling ok but there wasn’t much time for recovery at all. Lap 2 felt really good, but then lap 3 coming out of the volcano I could see a couple of riders had attacked off the front and the whole group was strung out. I couldn’t get back and the legs said no as we hit the esses. Glad of some company for the rest

<Tommy>

Well done mate. I saw you a few times hanging tough at the front. Stick with it, you’re defo strong enough. If you keep racing consistently through the winter you’ll get more and more used to being at the front I’m sure. I think that’s what happens. Oh, and don’t take up running whatever you do!

Top Bottom