Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
I am also up for a CC team.
Just imagine the endless fun we will have arguing over which kit to wear 😁

We could have a poll to decide which kit..... :hyper:

mjd1988

Guru
I'd by up for riding in a CC team for either the Tuesday or Friday leagues you mentioned - happy to go with the flow in terms of which one most people can do

Definitely up for this. Hopefully you do get to have a roster so I don't have to climb any hills. It's TTT and scratch races isn't it?

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Nice one Al. Is it done by category or is it mixed cat? Not sure they’ve come out with the specifics but I maybe I missed it.
It looks like it is by Category. Unlimited roster as far as I can see. No reason why we couldn’t have more than one team if there were more than 6 riders available on any given week. In practice I don’t see any reason why the two teams couldn’t work together although if the calibre of the race is anything like the 3R series then it may be more of a case of every man for himself.
This is the link to the Latest details ... https://zwiftinsider.com/zwift-racing-league-update/

mjd1988

Guru
It looks like it is by Category. Unlimited roster as far as I can see. No reason why we couldn’t have more than one team if there were more than 6 riders available on any given week. In practice I don’t see any reason why the two teams couldn’t work together although if the calibre of the race is anything like the 3R series then it may be more of a case of every man for himself.
This is the link to the Latest details ... https://zwiftinsider.com/zwift-racing-league-update/

It sounds good doesnt it. Sounds like you can change your roster if you aren't in the premier League (which of course we will be in :cuppa:)

Interesting that there's a green and polka dot jersey type competition as well. If we have more than 6 people likely to race every week could always have a GC team and a sprinters team.

Hopefully they release a bit more specific info soon

Alongo

Guru
Hear ya Tommy. I’d be happy to form a CycleChat team either as a stand-alone CC team or under an IRL banner. We have a good group of B riders here and as you say it’s more fun racing with a group of pals. Although the rules haven’t been posted yet I’d imagine We don’t even need to full compliment of 6 riders each week as it’s likely that team results will be best 3 or 4 places in each team. Our other Bs might be interested too?? @bridgy @Brusgaard @Brendan Parker @mjd1988 @Del C @peterob @Alongo @Spartak

@Ketty your probably right about getting enough Cyclechat C riders. You’d be welcome to join up with the IRL crew - best bet is to join the Facebook group and there’s a post by a chap called Richie Sheerin looking for C riders.
I'd be interested in the CC Team too, prob struggle with Fridays though .

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Do hope it’s not a pop at me entering B last night

steverob

Guru
If Sandbagging is entering a lower category in order to win when ZwiftPower says you should be in a higher category, then Cruising (at least this is the definition this guy uses) is taking it easy so that ZwiftPower doesn't bump you up to the category you SHOULD be in, so that you can carry on winning races at the easier category.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I read the link - showing my ignorance here but what exactly is "cruising" in this context?!
What Steverob says. allowing yourself to drop into a lower category than your true ability, like me allowing my performance stats to wash out and drop into C or D races, then managing your efforts in the race to make sure your 20min wkg doesn’t go above the cat limit.
Interesting blog site.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’ve tried to develop an ‘ignorance is bliss’ type attitude towards other people on zwift. It’s helped immensely by the fact I genuinely trust all the guys on here who I come up against on a weekly basis. I never check people’s stats on zp to see if they’re cheating. It’s personal preffeeence of course. But if you don’t know, it can’t wind you up maybe?

Someone actually pm’d me a few nights ago to say how thin my zwift avatar has become 😄. I didn’t take it personally. I think it’s natural maybe if someone is doing ok to take a closer look. In my case I try to keep my zwift weight higher than my real weight. And I go hard as I can in the races. Just because I’m trying to get as fit as possible really. But people are free to try as hard or as little as they want as far as I’m concerned. The guys who win the sprints in the tdf don’t put their noses in front until the last 500 meters or whatever. No one slags them off!

(Zwift weight 76kg) I’m weighing myself a few times a week at the moment because I’m trying to get an understanding of portion sizes, and my diet in general vs how much I’m burning.

Top Bottom