Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marino.g

Veteran
I've got a Bkool Pro and I've never experienced this problem in races. I've only done one workout ride and all was fine with that too. Sometimes I find a lack of resistance at the start of a ride, but I'e always found switching the trainer off at the plug and back on again sorts this out. There's already been plenty of discussion about the fact that the watts shown by the Bkool aren't always accurate and are often over-generous, but apart from this it works fine, and definitely never had the problem you describe.
Not sure what’s going on with my pro.
Group workout on Zwift was impossible due to the resistance Jumped to maximum and was impossible even in my easiest gearing.
Same with a bkool class even the warm up gave me exactly the same issues.
I was spinning ok until the class started on bkool and then I noticed it went into auto mode.
I’ve tried switching on/off but it doesn’t seem to make any difference.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well your Pretzel sprint segment was a very good time with an ave 392W. :okay:
Ha! I've just looked at that - I remember that. I didn't know it was a segment at the time but I had a little race at that point with someone who had been riding with me for a while up the climb and decided to try and out-sprint me to the top! I was meant to be taking it easy but my competitive side took over :boxing:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Not sure what’s going on with my pro.
Group workout on Zwift was impossible due to the resistance Jumped to maximum and was impossible even in my easiest gearing.
Same with a bkool class even the warm up gave me exactly the same issues.
I was spinning ok until the class started on bkool and then I noticed it went into auto mode.
I’ve tried switching on/off but it doesn’t seem to make any difference.
Oh dear - sounds like something's seriously wrong. I would try emailing info@bkool.com and explaining the problem and see if they can do anything to help...

That's what I thought - I must have read it some time previously. So how come @Randyberlin is running Zwift on a Pro with an Apple mini then? Are you using it as a dumb trainer with no resistance changes Randy?
No. And this morning I changed to ant+ but had to turn off the Bluetooth on the mac. The squirrel then said Bluetooth was turned off. Unfortunately it is still feeling like like low watts for the effort but I'm afraid it's me.

Edit. This is my newer pro.

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
No. And this morning I changed to ant+ but had to turn off the Bluetooth on the mac. The squirrel then said Bluetooth was turned off. Unfortunately it is still feeling like like low watts for the effort but I'm afraid it's me.
Is that a Mac Mini you're using or an ipad?

Mac mini with usb to ant+. I also wired a fan speed control within reach. IMG_20171114_064206.jpg

Marino.g

Veteran
Oh dear - sounds like something's seriously wrong. I would try emailing info@bkool.com and explaining the problem and see if they can do anything to help...
Sounds like my ftp is out of date could this be the issue with Zwift as well?
Reply below

Thanks for your message. Please make sure your weight and fitness level is updated.

You can schedule a FTP test entering Bkool.com > Sessions > Workouts, on the left bottom part you will find the "Generate FTP test" button. Push it and you will have it ready to be taken at the Bkool simulator.

You can also set up a FTP test directly from the Bkool simulator, just click on Search>>Create FTP test (5 or 20 min).

Work zones can be modified while editing your FTP test. However, your current sport level (Amateur 5, Active 3, etc) won't change unless you take a new FTP test.

See you at Bkool,

Bkool Team.

BKOOL Connect | Sport

bridgy

Legendary Member
Sounds like my ftp is out of date could this be the issue with Zwift as well?
Reply below

Thanks for your message. Please make sure your weight and fitness level is updated.

You can schedule a FTP test entering Bkool.com > Sessions > Workouts, on the left bottom part you will find the "Generate FTP test" button. Push it and you will have it ready to be taken at the Bkool simulator.

You can also set up a FTP test directly from the Bkool simulator, just click on Search>>Create FTP test (5 or 20 min).

Work zones can be modified while editing your FTP test. However, your current sport level (Amateur 5, Active 3, etc) won't change unless you take a new FTP test.

See you at Bkool,

Bkool Team.

BKOOL Connect | Sport
Hmm, I'm not sure that really makes any sense based on the problem you've described. Is the problem with high resistance only happening on workouts on both Bkool and Zwift? I've never done an FTP test on Zwift, and haven't done one on Bkool for years - both just apply an FTP for you from your rides if you don't do a specific FTP test.

Marino.g

Veteran
Hmm, I'm not sure that really makes any sense based on the problem you've described. Is the problem with high resistance only happening on workouts on both Bkool and Zwift? I've never done an FTP test on Zwift, and haven't done one on Bkool for years - both just apply an FTP for you from your rides if you don't do a specific FTP test.
I will give it ago and see if it makes any difference.

Top Bottom