Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marino.g

Veteran
I will give it ago and see if it makes any difference.
Hmm, I'm not sure that really makes any sense based on the problem you've described. Is the problem with high resistance only happening on workouts on both Bkool and Zwift? I've never done an FTP test on Zwift, and haven't done one on Bkool for years - both just apply an FTP for you from your rides if you don't do a specific FTP test.
Automatically updating your FTP lets us calculate your fitness level and workout zones so you don’t have to worry about anything.
Mine is set to auto and I have done rides over 30 mins so should it expire?
  • On: your fitness level and FTP value will be calculated again the next time you do an FTP test or a session lasting more than 30 minutes in which you exceed your current FTP. Your new FTP value expires in two months.
  • Off: your fitness level will never be updated and your FTP will only change if you do an FTP test or if you manually change its value. Your FTP value will never expire.
Auto FTP update

bridgy

Legendary Member
Automatically updating your FTP lets us calculate your fitness level and workout zones so you don’t have to worry about anything.
Mine is set to auto and I have done rides over 30 mins so should it expire?
  • On: your fitness level and FTP value will be calculated again the next time you do an FTP test or a session lasting more than 30 minutes in which you exceed your current FTP. Your new FTP value expires in two months.
  • Off: your fitness level will never be updated and your FTP will only change if you do an FTP test or if you manually change its value. Your FTP value will never expire.
Auto FTP update
Exactly!

JLaw

Veteran
Not sure if you're talking about me, as I didn't know what the Pretzel (or three sisters) is?! I've googled it now though....

I was going to do a race but just wasn't feeling up to it so just rode around at a steady pace and chose the turnings that looked like they'd go up the mountain. I wasn't really going for it - as shown by a time of 23.54 up the Mount Zwift segment, vs my PR of 16.33 set during a race (that hurt!)

The problem I have going that pace at this time of year is my fan makes me too cold (even on lowest setting), but without the fan I sweat buckets - which dripped all over my headphones and stopped them working! I may have to get a small lightweight fan specifically for non-racing rides in the winter!
I sometimes have similar problems. Thankfully the overhead fan controls are within reach while on the bike and the floor fan has a remote.

JLaw

Veteran
Sigh. The London KISS EUR course today looks like it might be well suited for me. But my cold seems to be getting worse rather than better. I'm probably not going to make it. 4 days off the bike and counting...

bridgy

Legendary Member
I just assumed that they gave the correct answer silly me!
I just checked.........
Your fitness level in Cycling isAmateur 9
Your last FTP value update was on 11/11/2017 18:07. You developed an average power of 277.17 W
They do have previous form in replying with nonsense initially - very frustrating! However, in my experience if you persevere you may eventually get an answer from them that makes some sense!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I did a 3 lap flat London race tonight (something to do with Flanders?). Felt like I was cycling through treacle and not as smooth as normal. Started off fast with the main group but just wasn't feeling good, HR up high, legs heavy, a bit of headache, so I dropped back and picked up someone going at a pace that was OK for me. Together we started to pick off the early fliers until about 1/2 way into the ride I had to do a Tom Dumoulan :eek: By the time I got back on I was looking to just give up as I was now down in 47th out of about 58. Anyway, pootled for a bit, found something in my legs and picked up a couple of guys to work with. in the end it turned out to be a good session :okay: Bit concerned by my HR being so high at 177 average - peeps are going down with various bugs at the office so wondering if I've picked something up too hence why not feeling it tonight xx(

Breedon

Legendary Member
I did a 3 lap flat London race tonight (something to do with Flanders?). Felt like I was cycling through treacle and not as smooth as normal. Started off fast with the main group but just wasn't feeling good, HR up high, legs heavy, a bit of headache, so I dropped back and picked up someone going at a pace that was OK for me. Together we started to pick off the early fliers until about 1/2 way into the ride I had to do a Tom Dumoulan :eek: By the time I got back on I was looking to just give up as I was now down in 47th out of about 58. Anyway, pootled for a bit, found something in my legs and picked up a couple of guys to work with. in the end it turned out to be a good session :okay: Bit concerned by my HR being so high at 177 average - peeps are going down with various bugs at the office so wondering if I've picked something up too hence why not feeling it tonight xx(
Some times if i dont feel right i can spend little as 5 minutes on the trainer to know i cant do it then i would leave it for a day or two, just have a day or 2 rest after you should feel better unless you have man flu.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Some times if i dont feel right i can spend little as 5 minutes on the trainer to know i cant do it then i would leave it for a day or two, just have a day or 2 rest after you should feel better unless you have man flu.
thankfully i don't think I have man flu .... I'm not that ill :tongue: Just the snuffles ^_^

Top Bottom