Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'm still kicking myself for not using a power up to bridge across to the @Whorty group before the start of the second lap. It was a much bigger group than Dave and I had, and I have the feeling that I could have tucked in that group and not had to work quite so hard. Oh Well
The group was about 15 when it fully formed ... I did zero work on the front and came second in the final sprint :laugh: I may have been sandbagging the whole of that last lap :whistle:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I was struggling with my breathing for an hour or so after too. Seems to be fine this AM but I have a banging headache - I think I should have drank more fluids last night.
@Joffey a listener question was read to a scientist from SIS on the Cycling Podcast a while back asking abou this exact issue regarding headaches the next day after Zwift races. As well as fluids, the guy did say to ensure you re-fuel properly with food (protein & carbs) post-ride

Whorty

For those who use Apple TV, do you have a tall TV stand to fix your TV to, and a shelf on there for the ATV? I have a desk in front of my bike at the moment with my laptop on, but thinking of getting ATV but wanted to save space and get rid of the desk ... any pics to see what it might look like if I went this way?

straas

Matt
I've changed my connection to run through a wifi extender, but since then all the other riders seem to periodically disappear...

I was showing up as 30th before the finish line, then when the results loaded I was 87th!

Whats that about?!

Joffey

Big Dosser
@Joffey a listener question was read to a scientist from SIS on the Cycling Podcast a while back asking abou this exact issue regarding headaches the next day after Zwift races. As well as fluids, the guy did say to ensure you re-fuel properly with food (protein & carbs) post-ride

Ta for that, I'll make much more of an effort. I scoffed a cold fajita down but that's not probably good enough. I'll have a look for the episode 👍

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
For those who use Apple TV, do you have a tall TV stand to fix your TV to, and a shelf on there for the ATV? I have a desk in front of my bike at the moment with my laptop on, but thinking of getting ATV but wanted to save space and get rid of the desk ... any pics to see what it might look like if I went this way?

That’s my set up Carl. A photo I posted a few weeks ago when we were doing the last league. The appletv box is circled in yellow. It looks very small. Partly because of the size of my head 😄, but also because it is very small. You could fix it directly to the wall if you don’t want to dedicate a shelf to it. I think obviously dedicated reasonable size tv for turbo is defo the way forward though. Some people don’t have the space for that of course. But if you do then it makes things much simpler.

Joffey

Big Dosser
View attachment 568690

That’s my set up Carl. A photo I posted a few weeks ago when we were doing the last league. The appletv box is circled in yellow. It looks very small. Partly because of the size of my head 😄, but also because it is very small. You could fix it directly to the wall if you don’t want to dedicate a shelf to it. I think obviously dedicated reasonable size tv for turbo is defo the way forward though. Some people don’t have the space for that of course. But if you do then it makes things much simpler.

This is my set up, my ATV is the same size as Tommy's but looks bigger in this photo as it's closer. I have circled this in red. You may also see my fan (circled in blue), my power line (circled in yellow) and my TV (circled in green).

I hope this helps somehow :laugh:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
View attachment 568693

This is my set up, my ATV is the same size as Tommy's but looks bigger in this photo as it's closer. I have circled this in red. You may also see my fan (circled in blue), my power line (circled in yellow) and my TV (circled in green).

I hope this helps somehow :laugh:

:laugh:

Top quality circling work 👌👌. Although the picture raises as many questions as answers... what’s all the shite under the tv? And what’s in the drawers?!!

Whorty

Thanks both .... I was looking at something like this ... built in shelves so I think based on the pics it should work :okay:

Just need to buy the ATV and stand now :tongue:

1610546157510.png

Joffey

Big Dosser
:laugh:

Top quality circling work 👌👌. Although the picture raises as many questions as answers... what’s all the shite under the tv? And what’s in the drawers?!!

In the drawers are gold tees and a few bike lights and their various attachments. Under the TV we have a bag of pegs, some coaster wheels that fit on my bike bag and a plastic bag with a tool kit and spares for my MTB! Oh, there is some cable ties and a can on Lynx in view also!

Top Bottom