Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me? On Strava all of the segments on my Zwift rides apart from the "official" ZwiftInsider ones have disappeared. I know Strava made a whole bunch of virtual segments private about a year ago to cut down on the amount being created, but they didn't do a full cull like this, especially without any prior warning.
yep, but only happened this morning, they were there last night :ohmy:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me? On Strava all of the segments on my Zwift rides apart from the "official" ZwiftInsider ones have disappeared.
I've not noticed it ... but then again I manually cull all of the strava segments apart from the zwift insider segments :biggrin:

@Joffey I know exactly where you are coming from, I had a bad do with mental health in 2019, just getting in a few rides from May to February, and have lost so much in terms of fitness, it's a long slow climb back, so please keep beating my arse, it's the only way I'll improve

Joffey

Big Dosser
Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me? On Strava all of the segments on my Zwift rides apart from the "official" ZwiftInsider ones have disappeared. I know Strava made a whole bunch of virtual segments private about a year ago to cut down on the amount being created, but they didn't do a full cull like this, especially without any prior warning.

Mine have all gone too :wacko:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
View attachment 570768

Ouch. Interesting(ish) story:

When I first started out on Zwift and joined you guys back on 17 Jan 2020 we did this course on Tour de Zwift. I can remember battling round and being in utter agony with the course taking me 1:51:20 and the climb 49:04. That got me the bottom place on the league but I was still proud as punch. I'd done it and it was nails.

Fast forward to 26 Jan 2021. 4,500 Strava miles in my legs thanks to Covid lockdown and, thanks to this forum and you chaps in it, still Zwift racing. Went round the course in 1:13:26 and did the climb in 28:19.

Now I'm not bragging, just showing that even the most lost of causes can improve. This wasn't just my work, some of you have really helped:

@Ketty who drives me to keep doing more and improve, @steverob my racing buddy in Cat D right from the start, JB (Jason Bartram DBR) who would hammer me on every race giving me the motivation to keep going, @<Tommy> for the encouragement, @bridgy for organising the leagues (and others who helped @IrishAl too), @mjd1988 for organising CC#68 which has brought me on, @BurningLegs for the nutritional advice and finally everyone in CCC Team - I'm loving this season. I will have missed some people, but if you have interacted with me a fair bit on here you are someone as to which I owe thanks. :okay:

Sorry for the weepy and woke Oscar acceptance speech there. Just my way of saying thanks. You lot might not realise it but without trying and by just being involved you have really helped a fat lad from Yorkshire get a lot fitter than he was in a year. I've struggled with the old mental health and cycling has honestly saved my marriage, if not my life. You are all part of that. Cheers lads :okay:

Now that's far too much oversharing, back to p155 taking. ^_^
:okay::notworthy::cheers:

Keep it up mate. Really enjoying riding with you and the rest of the CCC Team guys. You are giving me a target to chase :gun: That is a good thing as, like you, I'm suffering a bit with my mental health at the moment and the cycling is my go to safe place - helps chase the dark moments away :hugs:

bridgy

Legendary Member

More info: https://zwiftinsider.com/strava-segment-shakeup/

mjd1988

Guru
Link to zwiftinsider race report for the league race from Eric; https://zwiftinsider.com/race-lost-zrl-3-2/

Norry1

Legendary Member
OK, I've got my bike on the NEO2T. The User Guide is mind of non-existent, which is not helpful when you are as useless as me on mechanics and stuff.

The most basic question ..... how do I switch modes? And are there 3 modes, sim, erg and in effect dumb?

Brusgaard

Über Guru
OK, I've got my bike on the NEO2T. The User Guide is mind of non-existent, which is not helpful when you are as useless as me on mechanics and stuff.

The most basic question ..... how do I switch modes? And are there 3 modes, sim, erg and in effect dumb?

Those would be controlled in the app (via ANT+FE-C / BLE). In Zwift ERG is enabled for workouts, but you can enable/disable it in the bottom popup menu while doing the workout. Rides/races default to sim mode.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Ah ok cheers. And I guess Trainer Difficulty at 0% replicates a dumb turbo.
@Norry1 I'm sure you'll have a play around and find what suits you best, but I find for racing a difficulty setting of around 25% works well for me. It means you do get some resistance change feedback which helps me to get the power down on hills when everyone else tends to put on a surge, but not so much that I have to change into the small ring, or make too many gear changes. This helps in a race as it reduces time lost from gear changing and also reduces the chance of getting a dropped chain. If I'm just pootling around Zwift (or RGT) I like to put it back to 100% to then replicate real life slopes as much as possible for a bit more "realism".

Norry1

Legendary Member
@Norry1 I'm sure you'll have a play around and find what suits you best, but I find for racing a difficulty setting of around 25% works well for me. It means you do get some resistance change feedback which helps me to get the power down on hills when everyone else tends to put on a surge, but not so much that I have to change into the small ring, or make too many gear changes. This helps in a race as it reduces time lost from gear changing and also reduces the chance of getting a dropped chain. If I'm just pootling around Zwift (or RGT) I like to put it back to 100% to then replicate real life slopes as much as possible for a bit more "realism".

Well I've just done 25 minutes to try it out and my conclusion was just about what you suggest Paul.

First impressions are that I like it. The bike moves left and right a bit, unlike my dumb turbo, which is helpful. It is a little noisy but I think that is the drive train - may need to re-index or something.

The good news is that the NEO seems to give a couple of percent higher power readings than my Powertap pedals. I was concerned it may be the other way around.

Top Bottom