Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Seeing riders using aero tuck in Strade Bianchi at the moment. Thought it had been banned?? Not discussing it in commentary but it’s clear and obvious that several riders are using the position...

Joffey

Big Dosser
Seeing riders using aero tuck in Strade Bianchi at the moment. Thought it had been banned?? Not discussing it in commentary but it’s clear and obvious that several riders are using the position...

Didn't notice that - got my eyes peeled now looking out for it :eek:

steverob

Guru
Five and a half minutes over 15 miles on a flat course seems like a brutal target to me but 🤷‍♂️. It’s only fun I guess.
Well #23 were 6 mins 23 secs faster over the full course than CCC, so it's not like it's impossible. Timings may need to be adjusted depending on how many turn up for each team, plus we'll have Joffey and Carl back which will make us a bit faster, so happy to negotiate. But on the whole, I can't see it being less than 5 minutes honestly.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Well #23 were 6 mins 23 secs faster over the full course than CCC, so it's not like it's impossible. Timings may need to be adjusted depending on how many turn up for each team, plus we'll have Joffey and Carl back which will make us a bit faster, so happy to negotiate. But on the whole, I can't see it being less than 5 minutes honestly.
Leave it as it is- give them something to chase 😁

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Leave it as it is- give them something to chase 😁

I’m kind of with Bob I don’t mind the challenge. It’s all in the name of fun. I’d be really surprised if we overcome that time gap but it’s all good. I’m all about the charity 😄👍

JLaw

Veteran
Week's race report.

Monday: After a few days of no racing and no skiing, I figured my legs needed a bit of a tune up before the ZRL race on Tuesday. Those 8 lap crit city races are perfect in that they're hard efforts, but short enough to recover in time for next day. For the first 4 laps I felt real good with the HR staying well under control. As we came through the rollers one rider went well off the front and I was in 3rd, staying close to #2 and I realized it was a great time to burn the burrito power-up. It wouldn't effect the #2 rider as he was out of the draft and everyone behind would have to work a bit harder, even though I knew full well we'd be caught regardless. Things were harder, but I was still in the lead group on the subsequent laps. The combination of fatigue and knowing I'd need to ride hard Tuesday kept me from really sprinting at the end. I settled for 5th out of ~20 on ZP. Came in right at 3.0w/kg for 20 minutes, which was best in nearly 3 years.

Tuesday: ZRL TTT. Without Joffey pulling on the front I expected and planned to be able to get in more useful pulls. Things felt real good through about the first 3/4 of the race. I even felt strong enough to go back and get one of our riders who'd fallen off the pace at some point, but by the time I bled off any speed, they'd sprinted back onto the group from about 40m+ out. It was at about 4-5 miles from the end that I started to falter, but was able to stick with the group knowing we could well have riders get caught up in a sticky draft near the end. Sure enough it happened, but only to one rider. So we came across with 5 within a couple seconds of each other. Hell of an effort across the team. I just wish discord worked better so i could clearly communicate during the race.

Thursday: Juggling wrap-up/hand-off meetings at work meant there was a very small window to race, so back to Crit City again. I didn't feel as fresh/strong as Monday, but was able to stick with the main group most of the race, but ran out of oomph on the last lap and settled for 12th out of ~35 on ZP. Right at 3.0w/kg for 20 minutes again.

I'm starting to hit the low range for my 20min w/kg from 2018 when I was in my best form since taking up indoor cycling... I've still got a lot of endurance to recover, but it's been a great 6-8 weeks of progress. I really think skiing with my daughter has helped -- not sure if it's just more cardio or trying to muscle my old racing profile skis into doing short radius turns, but whatever it is, it's working.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Week's race report.

Monday: After a few days of no racing and no skiing, I figured my legs needed a bit of a tune up before the ZRL race on Tuesday. Those 8 lap crit city races are perfect in that they're hard efforts, but short enough to recover in time for next day. For the first 4 laps I felt real good with the HR staying well under control. As we came through the rollers one rider went well off the front and I was in 3rd, staying close to #2 and I realized it was a great time to burn the burrito power-up. It wouldn't effect the #2 rider as he was out of the draft and everyone behind would have to work a bit harder, even though I knew full well we'd be caught regardless. Things were harder, but I was still in the lead group on the subsequent laps. The combination of fatigue and knowing I'd need to ride hard Tuesday kept me from really sprinting at the end. I settled for 5th out of ~20 on ZP. Came in right at 3.0w/kg for 20 minutes, which was best in nearly 3 years.

Tuesday: ZRL TTT. Without Joffey pulling on the front I expected and planned to be able to get in more useful pulls. Things felt real good through about the first 3/4 of the race. I even felt strong enough to go back and get one of our riders who'd fallen off the pace at some point, but by the time I bled off any speed, they'd sprinted back onto the group from about 40m+ out. It was at about 4-5 miles from the end that I started to falter, but was able to stick with the group knowing we could well have riders get caught up in a sticky draft near the end. Sure enough it happened, but only to one rider. So we came across with 5 within a couple seconds of each other. Hell of an effort across the team. I just wish discord worked better so i could clearly communicate during the race.

Thursday: Juggling wrap-up/hand-off meetings at work meant there was a very small window to race, so back to Crit City again. I didn't feel as fresh/strong as Monday, but was able to stick with the main group most of the race, but ran out of oomph on the last lap and settled for 12th out of ~35 on ZP. Right at 3.0w/kg for 20 minutes again.

I'm starting to hit the low range for my 20min w/kg from 2018 when I was in my best form since taking up indoor cycling... I've still got a lot of endurance to recover, but it's been a great 6-8 weeks of progress. I really think skiing with my daughter has helped -- not sure if it's just more cardio or trying to muscle my old racing profile skis into doing short radius turns, but whatever it is, it's working.

Sounds like a busy week! Skiing sounds good - I bet it all helps!

bridgy

Legendary Member
OK, I'm going to set up the meetup for Tuesday's race so I want to do a final roll-call. Firstly so I know who to invite, and secondly so we can agree time delays for each team which may have to be tweaked slightly from the ZRL time gaps if team numbers are different. People confirmed so far are as follows:

CCC Team
@steverob , @Joffey , @Whorty , @Spartak , @DCLane ? @Marino.g ? @JLaw ?

Team 68
@Ketty , @mjd1988 , @IrishAl (for 1st 25km!)

Team 23
Bridgy, @<Tommy> , @Alongo , @peterob , @BurningLegs , @Norry1 ?

So Team 68 look very under-powered, Team 23 at full strength if Norry can make it, and CCC depends on whether the three question marked riders can make it or not. If anyone I haven't mentioned wants to ride, please say. We'll have to agree the time gaps when we know who can ride.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Can the following people follow me on Zwift companion app (name is currently set at '7 Bridgy') so that I can invite you to the meetup race please?
@DCLane
@Marino.g

And if anyone who wants to race hasn't had an invit please let me know :okay:

Top Bottom