Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
@JuhaL
Did you get that sweet new bike out for a break in ride?
Not yet Randy. Weather is been a little bit chilly and rainy in Finland, i was also wait new inner tubes for new bike as well which i received yesterday. It looks that i need to spend some time with trainer before weather gets better.

bobinski

Legendary Member
DC49D27F-37C0-4F28-85AD-5D6A0C2DF2F7.jpeg

Marino.g

Veteran
Attempted a charity organised 100 miler yesterday but unfortunately my gear cable snapped after about 50 miles and left me in the toughest gear with a few tough hills to follow.
I called the assistance number for mechanical assistance as described in the events brochure. Waited about 45 mins for the van collecting the route signage who offered to take me to back to the finish.
I declined politely and limped home 10 miles away in the hardest gear ( good training though).
Has anybody entered a sportive event before and needed roadside mechanical assistance and got it.
In the brochure it stated it was available and the lady who answered the phone call said that they had no other calls for assistance and I was the first to call in.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
i may or may not join you 😉
My brother stood me up, so I ended up doing Figure 8 race instead.

Attempted a charity organised 100 miler yesterday but unfortunately my gear cable snapped after about 50 miles and left me in the toughest gear with a few tough hills to follow.
I called the assistance number for mechanical assistance as described in the events brochure. Waited about 45 mins for the van collecting the route signage who offered to take me to back to the finish.
I declined politely and limped home 10 miles away in the hardest gear ( good training though).
Has anybody entered a sportive event before and needed roadside mechanical assistance and got it.
In the brochure it stated it was available and the lady who answered the phone call said that they had no other calls for assistance and I was the first to call in.
On my way to the tour of Cambridgeshire in 2018 I was using Komoot to route but found out the route was blocked for the time trials. I was resigned to waiting for the end when one of the riders (A guy from Jersey) broke down near the crossroads where I was waiting with the race officials. The box Van was there in 5 minutes to take him back to the start and they let me jump in the back also. It worked out perfectly because I was there to see @LBHIFI finish.

Edit: When you guys are doing fundraiser rides please post here. I'd rather give to someone I know.( or who has spend an elaborate amount of time here to set up a scam).

steverob

Guru
Had almost the opposite experience; got mechanical assistance on a sportive that I didn't think offered it - clearly they did and I just wasn't aware! I knew they had an emergency phone number you could ring but thought that was just for a ride back to the start.

Wasn't anything major, just a puncture, but I was really struggling with getting the tyre back on the wheel after replacing the inner tube. It was a brand of tyre particularly known for being awkward and it was a very cold day, so my hands without gloves were frozen and having been working on it for over 15 minutes I was getting really frustrated, which was probably making the situation worse.

At that point, having not seen another soul for maybe half an hour (this was a country lane in the middle of nowhere and I was towards the back of the field anyway even before the puncture) suddenly a van pulled up alongside and offered assistance. As he opened the back of the van, it was chock full of bike spares and other kit and only then did I realise that he was touring the course specifically looking for people stuck like me and wasn't just a kind person who had stumbled across me accidentally! Of course he got the tyre on the wheel within 30 seconds and had a electric pump in the van to get my tube up to a decent PSI, especially compared to whatever I'd have been able to do with my handheld one.

In the end given how far I was behind everyone else doing that route, I decided to take a shortcut and essentially did the middle route of the three on offer instead of the long one I was originally signed up for, but at least I did get to complete it.

Joffey

Big Dosser

Ride 100 - 2015... I got a flat and was faffing on at the side of the road with a tube then this guy turned up...

And he was French :biggrin: He sorted my wheel out and sent me on my way. Can't beat Mavic Neutral Service - I got to feel like a pro for the day :laugh:

Top Bottom