Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Attempted a charity organised 100 miler yesterday but unfortunately my gear cable snapped after about 50 miles and left me in the toughest gear with a few tough hills to follow.
I called the assistance number for mechanical assistance as described in the events brochure. Waited about 45 mins for the van collecting the route signage who offered to take me to back to the finish.
I declined politely and limped home 10 miles away in the hardest gear ( good training though).
Has anybody entered a sportive event before and needed roadside mechanical assistance and got it.
In the brochure it stated it was available and the lady who answered the phone call said that they had no other calls for assistance and I was the first to call in.
I had a rear freewheel hub go on the Double Devils in 2019 and called for assistance. They couldn't help so I got taken all the way back to base (but took over an hour as they had to do a few detours on the way).

mjd1988

Guru
Attempted a charity organised 100 miler yesterday but unfortunately my gear cable snapped after about 50 miles and left me in the toughest gear with a few tough hills to follow.
I called the assistance number for mechanical assistance as described in the events brochure. Waited about 45 mins for the van collecting the route signage who offered to take me to back to the finish.
I declined politely and limped home 10 miles away in the hardest gear ( good training though).
Has anybody entered a sportive event before and needed roadside mechanical assistance and got it.
In the brochure it stated it was available and the lady who answered the phone call said that they had no other calls for assistance and I was the first to call in.

On of my first time cycling in an organised format was in a small triathlon, I was the only person riding a hybrid. Was doing very badly on the bike leg as you can imagine and got a puncture, no spare. Guy in a van looked at my 13kg monstrosity said "Jesus just take this" and set me up on a decent road bike. Much more fun :becool:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Planned a 2.5hr Endurance ride outside today. Set off about 11:30 and it lashed down straight away. I'd been prepared for some showers, but not a soaking right at the off. So I bailed out, had some lunch and will be doing it on Zwift very shortly. Lightweight ^_^

Whorty

I'm having a midlife crisis - just traded in my T5 van for this Focus RS. Should pick it up next Saturday. If anyone is looking for me on Sunday morning, I may be upside down in a ditch somewhere in Dorset :laugh:

1620043963193.png

JuhaL

Guru
I'm having a midlife crisis - just traded in my T5 van for this Focus RS. Should pick it up next Saturday. If anyone is looking for me on Sunday morning, I may be upside down in a ditch somewhere in Dorset :laugh:

View attachment 587036
Nice quick, sporty car. Take it easy and don't try to be like Colin McRae or Richard Burns, they use to handle fast cars very well but they were professionals.

Whorty

And for #23 and #68 ... "But it's FIVE laps" will not be accepted as a valid excuse:rofl:
As we were saying on our CCC chat, we'd love to do the 5 laps but alas the WTRL league has decided to spoil our fun and we only get to do the 3 laps. Oh well, I'm sure we'll make the best of it ;)

BurningLegs

Veteran
Quite short notice, but if anyone here is running short on any supplements, there is 45% off everything at bulk.com until midnight with code EXCDEL

I have stocked up on a few things. They don’t usually have a site wide discount as high as that, although sometimes specific lines can be cheaper.

Top Bottom