Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Cheddar challenge so the Bkoolers can show you splitters what we are made of will be Sunday. It is on RGT and is based on a ride by Monte. It might give Bridgy a home field advantage.

http://app.rgtcycling.com/event?code=Z5y5mw03LN

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210505-185146.png
    Screenshot_20210505-185146.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
The Cheddar challenge so the Bkoolers can show you splitters what we are made of will be Sunday. It is on RGT and is based on a ride by Monte. It might give Bridgy a home field advantage.

http://app.rgtcycling.com/event?code=Z5y5mw03LN
Are we allowed to use E-bikes like he did? :whistle:

I notice there's a couple of data dropouts on that ride @Randyberlin at 3.3 miles and 6.4 miles - don't know if that will affect the ride when converted onto RGT at all?

mjd1988

Guru
question for the hivemind, kickr snap acting up.

Went on a group ride this morning; started a bit sluggish then watts dropped to zero. Unconnected and reconnected the trainer through the apple TV - reading it fine but still at zero watts. Got off the bike and was closing the apple TV when noticed avatar was cycling at 1000-3000 watts. Turned everything off; conntect to wahoo app (again via bluetooth) and tried a spin down, worked normally but then started doing power spikes on it as well, so definitely not a zwift issue.

Turned all off reconnected to zwift, cycled normally for 3-4 minutes then again watts to zero then 3000 watts for a few seconds.

Wondering if moving the turbo into the conservatory and the very changeable temperatures (from low single figures to 40 degrees at times, although i've been airing it out as there was other electronic stuff in there so wouldn't have hit that high this week) has damaged the wahoo? Or maybe it is a bluetooth issue. Doesn't seem to be zwift anyway, although it did have an update.

Anyone any ideas? Today was hopefully the last day of it being in the conservatory; worked fine on tuesday (my legs were the issue).

EDIT ; interesting....
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/...wift_when_using_the_trainer_outside_P7230682/

The brightness of the room may be messing up the optical sensor. The curse of living in tropical... Belfast

Last edited:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable

Went on a group ride this morning; started a bit sluggish then watts dropped to zero. Unconnected and reconnected the trainer through the apple TV - reading it fine but still at zero watts. Got off the bike and was closing the apple TV when noticed avatar was cycling at 1000-3000 watts. Turned everything off; conntect to wahoo app (again via bluetooth) and tried a spin down, worked normally but then started doing power spikes on it as well, so definitely not a zwift issue.

Turned all off reconnected to zwift, cycled normally for 3-4 minutes then again watts to zero then 3000 watts for a few seconds.

Wondering if moving the turbo into the conservatory and the very changeable temperatures (from low single figures to 40 degrees at times, although i've been airing it out as there was other electronic stuff in there so wouldn't have hit that high this week) has damaged the wahoo? Or maybe it is a bluetooth issue. Doesn't seem to be zwift anyway, although it did have an update.

Anyone any ideas? Today was hopefully the last day of it being in the conservatory; worked fine on tuesday (my legs were the issue).

EDIT ; interesting....
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Kickr_Snap_having_power_spikes_(1000+_watts)_on_Zwift_when_using_the_trainer_outside_P7230682/

The brightness of the room may be messing up the optical sensor. The curse of living in tropical... Belfast
Could it be interference from other electronic equipment?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

EDIT ; interesting....
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Kickr_Snap_having_power_spikes_(1000+_watts)_on_Zwift_when_using_the_trainer_outside_P7230682/

I had some issues like this on my old Kickr v1 - usually when it got very hot. Resistance would fail and power would go through the roof.

mjd1988

Guru
Could it be interference from other electronic equipment?
I had some issues like this on my old Kickr v1 - usually when it got very hot. Resistance would fail and power would go through the roof.

Hoping it's the sunlight issue. Doesnt seem to be anything that should be interfering and the heat was that high, maybe 17 degrees. There's quite a few people have run into the issue , I'm going to try an RGT race at 6 and see how it goes

Top Bottom