Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Well, done a bit of searching, and I think I may have found the "Inspiration" for the Chinese factory
CerveloS3 (2).jpg

It's looking like a 2020 Cervelo S3 Frame .... So a Chivelo S3 ... Not bad considering when it was available the frameset was selling for £2.5 to £3K. I'm not worried about it breaking up under me, but having read the posts on Weight Weenies I may be concerned with it actually arriving at all :eek::cry::cry:

@bobinski the bars are >>>here<<<

bobinski

Legendary Member
Well, done a bit of searching, and I think I may have found the "Inspiration" for the Chinese factory
View attachment 592802
It's looking like a 2020 Cervelo S3 Frame .... So a Chivelo S3 ... Not bad considering when it was available the frameset was selling for £2.5 to £3K. I'm not worried about it breaking up under me, but having read the posts on Weight Weenies I may be concerned with it actually arriving at all :eek::cry::cry:

Ta.
Been following the Carbonda gravel build there for a while. Thing is Planet X and Dolan us e the same frame too so perhaps easier to but from them... though not as exciting.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
View attachment 592802

When it comes, send the frame to Hambini to fit the bottom bracket. If it has the same QC as Cervelo then it will be out of spec in size and alignment.

Hambini can modify one of his designed BB to correct most build faults

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Can’t work out of those bars are a total bargain or a total death trap!
Yeah, It's one of those things isn't it. I know Luke (Trace Velo) has a couple of videos regarding bars. The bars he is currently using (£22!!) have done 20,000 Miles, however the same bars Set of bars he bought as a prop, did fail catastrophically in 300 miles. As he says buying cheap carbon components can be a gamble, but the vast majority are absolutely fine, and you just need to do a bit of self QC when building and riding for the first few hundred kilometers.

I do have a set of "Cheap" carbon bars on my "Trainer" bike, and these have been fine for the last two years ... and they do get quite a lot of abuse, during sprints and climbing, when racing ... Of course I could always cough up another £315 quid and buy a set of very expensive Canyon decals which will guarantee the bars will be safe ... ;)

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Did a short race on Makuri Islands at crack of dawn today.

The good news - I managed to not come last in the A riders, and I upped my estimated FTP to 300W (from 293W) because I did 315W average over more-or-less 20 minutes. ^_^

The bad news - because my race time was only a smidge over 20 minutes, Zwiftpower hasn't processed a 20min power for the activity... :sad:

I need to find a race that takes about 21 minutes to complete!

1623229254908.png

bridgy

Legendary Member

The good news - I managed to not come last in the A riders, and I upped my estimated FTP to 300W (from 293W) because I did 315W average over more-or-less 20 minutes. ^_^

The bad news - because my race time was only a smidge over 20 minutes, Zwiftpower hasn't processed a 20min power for the activity... :sad:

View attachment 592977
That Bram's a bit of a beast isn't he?!

Norry1

Legendary Member

View attachment 592977

Crit City?

Top Bottom