Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I hope he has some wins

Merckx so near!
Although in interviews he's been offhand about the whole Merckx record comparison, you just know he's going to give it everything he's got...

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
OK, so while waiting for my frame and wheels to arrive from China ... Well more accurately Heath bloomin Row!!! ... I have taken the opportunity to dismantle the Neo OG to see if there are any pending issues, and possibly change the freehub and main bearings ... Well that lot are fine so no worries ... Also fitted the ReAxle to the non drive side to stave off some of the problems that can arise from the original axle going FUBAR. I was expecting to see damage to the magnets and a lot of crap inside the flywheel, but no. So the Neo is good for next winter.

Sudden thought occurred to me though, why not fit the new groupset to the trainer bike, and the Ultegra to the Chirevelo? Well I can think of a couple of reasons. The Giant is a BB86, with a 24mm crank and the new stuff is BB386Evo with a 30mm Bearing :sad:. Not to be deterred, I looked online for a 4130 kit, despite Hambini saying it's a no no, I went ahead and ordered a rotor 4130 kit, and fitted the crankset. I also thought it was a good idea to check the headset bearings ... Well they were rusted to hell ... So back off to Wiggle for a new set.

Everything arrived and fitted and put back together, just about to fit the chain and index the gearing ... Yeah the rear cage of the derailleur contacts the flywheel ... Upon googling apparently there is a pair of spacers supplied with the Tacx that go under the freehub to stop this ... They have long since gone missing 😢 So off to the Bay of E to buy a set.

I think this has turned into a race of time between me having the Trainer and bike combo ready of the new stuff arriving, should Heath Bloomin Row customs finally get thier fingers out and do some work!

Luke@TraceVelo has a lotto answer for "Buy cheap Chinese components and build a bike yourself, you save tons of money!" Luke, Foxtrot Oscar!!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
This is just a screen grab of a new Strava feature. It’s looks like it could be a fun motivator though

Clicking on those options give you sub categories of challenges. We could set a distance and gradient and then see who can hit the fastest speed / times over the period.

Or I’d be up for a climbing challenge on a single ride if anyone fancies that?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
This is just a screen grab of a new Strava feature. It’s looks like it could be a fun motivator though

View attachment 595345

Clicking on those options give you sub categories of challenges. We could set a distance and gradient and then see who can hit the fastest speed / times over the period.

Or I’d be up for a climbing challenge on a single ride if anyone fancies that?
🙄

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
He who hoes before he has weeds will have no weeds

He who smokes weed before he gardens won’t remember where he left the hoe!

Joffey

Big Dosser
Thanks for all the comments about my "shopping list".

I've just made purchase#1 - bought the Garmin Edge 830 from Sigma Sports (£299 - there was 7% off list and £25 off for new signup discount).

Now on to the helmet and skinsuit :okay:

Good choice :okay:

Assos have some cheap skin suits I think - some of them do look like a QR Code but for just over £100 I don't think you can go wrong!

https://www.bikezaar.com/c/cycling-outlets/assos-outlet/assos-chronosuits/?v=79cba1185463

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
Considering ToC was meant to be in September, it makes me even more surprised I haven't heard anything yet about Etape Loch Ness which is a month earlier. Maybe they've got less than 4,000 entrants so the rules aren't as strict for them?

Top Bottom