Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Torn between racing tomorrow-The unofficial Polish championships.Well I have a Polish dad!- or probably more sensible base building which will have me on the rivet. This perhaps:
SATURDAY, MARCH 11TH
8:30AM GMT

ZSUN Base Builder Ride (55.6 mi / 89.4 km)
zsun.jpg

DESCRIPTION
The ZSUN Base Builder is a training event.

This endurance ride will last between 2 - 2.5 hours depending on the course.

Riders must be able to maintain 180 watts on the flats and hold 2.5/wkg on the climbs

Please follow the ride leader's instructions.

Join us on facebook groups: ZSUN

Our Discord voice service can be found

@ https://discord.gg/pj2WVqn

Please use Push to Talk to avoid echo feedback.

Torn between racing tomorrow-The unofficial Polish championships.Well I have a Polish dad!- or probably more sensible base building which will have me on the rivet. This perhaps:
SATURDAY, MARCH 11TH
8:30AM GMT

ZSUN Base Builder Ride (55.6 mi / 89.4 km)
View attachment 341723
DESCRIPTION
The ZSUN Base Builder is a training event.

This endurance ride will last between 2 - 2.5 hours depending on the course.

Riders must be able to maintain 180 watts on the flats and hold 2.5/wkg on the climbs

Please follow the ride leader's instructions.

Join us on facebook groups: ZSUN

Our Discord voice service can be found

@ https://discord.gg/pj2WVqn

Please use Push to Talk to avoid echo feedback.
Or the BKOOL chain gang rerun.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Don't tell the others but i've set up a free trial on Zwift and had a go tonight. Very smooth but also confusing. Not really a race style ride, but certainly a good fitness ride. I kept doing loops of Richmond - couldn't see how I could get out of it. Would get boring if this is all Zwift was about but I guess as a first time I was still learning. The sprints were fun :okay: Hope the others don't find out they'll send me to Coventry :sad:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Bad day to free ride on zwift, Richmond is a steaming fly attracting pile of excrement. Loads more to do on Watopia days Calendar Link

Maps will give you a better idea what each course option does, where it goes, what climbs are involved(if any)

Whorty

Bad day to free ride on zwift, Richmond is a steaming fly attracting pile of excrement. Loads more to do on Watopia days Calendar Link

Maps will give you a better idea what each course option does, where it goes, what climbs are involved(if any)
It was a dull course, after the 4th (or 5th?) lap, but certainly a lot of riders. Thought i'd try it out and see what all the fuss was about. A good workout, but felt more like a velodrome ride on BKool in the smoothness, rather than the constant gear changing and random incline/decline changes on a BKool ride. May have another go either tomorrow or Sunday.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
It was a dull course, after the 4th (or 5th?) lap, but certainly a lot of riders. Thought i'd try it out and see what all the fuss was about. A good workout, but felt more like a velodrome ride on BKool in the smoothness, rather than the constant gear changing and random incline/decline changes on a BKool ride. May have another go either tomorrow or Sunday.

This is the schedule of the different courses for March

Course

Friday 10th March Richmond
Saturday 11th March Watopia
Sunday 12th March London
Monday 13th March London
Tuesday 14th March London
Wednesday 15th March Watopia
Thursday 16th March Watopia
Friday 17th March Watopia
Saturday 18th March Watopia
Sunday 19th March London
Monday 20th March London
Tuesday 21st March London
Wednesday 22nd March Watopia
Thursday 23rd March Watopia
Friday 24th March Richmond
Saturday 25th March Watopia
Sunday 26th March London
Monday 27th March London
Tuesday 28th March London
Wednesday 29th March Watopia
Thursday 30th March Watopia
Friday 31st March Watopia

Whorty the London and Watopia have more variation. True climbs like Alp d Huez are not available, the pace of some of the races make up for the lack of long climbs. Try out a cat C or D race

Last edited:

JLaw

Veteran
I never ride Richmond. It's lame beyond belief IMHO. Use the zwift-preferences script to allow you to select your course.

http://zwifthacks.com/zwift-preferences/

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Started a training plan today so Richmond was in the background of the ride really, much more tolerable. I could use the world hack or zwiftprefs etc but I'm not really a big fan of altering game files and configs (ex gamer and league admin, I like files "clean" )

Breedon

Legendary Member
You did 4 laps well done, after 3 of whatever course I get bored.
When you're able to pick which ever world you can ride then I don't think I'll get bored as I can change from day to day.

Whorty

You did 4 laps well done, after 3 of whatever course I get bored.
When you're able to pick which ever world you can ride then I don't think I'll get bored as I can change from day to day.
I wanted to do an hour so stuck at it. Having lots of other riders made it more interesting but yes, the course is dull. It felt like a bkool velo ride.

bobinski

Legendary Member
feck, feck, feck....
Base ride done but dropped on 3rd lap of 90km when reached for second bottle of water and took a long gulp. 45 secs back in no time! Panicked, dropped water bottle, fish around for it, look up and now its over a minute. Tried to get back on and while i might have been able to earlier I simply didnt have the power. Pootled and noticed other riders falling off to suggesting pace picking up so latched on one by one and finished with a respectable time but not much in way of pb's.
Some people were riding fasted! i had 2 bits of toast and 2 double espresso based coffees at 6am and 1/2 an energy bar and some jelly babies during the ride but 2 bottles of water and 1/2 a pint of chocolate milk. How do they do it? I am used to having nothing on a 20-30 mile outdoor ride I am not riding 220w plus for 2 hours.

Last edited:
Top Bottom