1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zwift, Bkool splitter chat :)

Discussion in 'Virtual Training: Bkool, Zwift, CycleOps & others' started by CXRAndy, 6 Mar 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ryan lawman

Ryan lawman Well-Known Member

Hi Guys , on sunday i am leading the BRT one ride . If anyone one fancys joining the aim is to Ride together and Help the weak stay with the Pack . (Even when the sad Same people Always Join and go all in and Spoil it ) i will Set s pace of about 2.40 hrs . Depending on the group maybe faster or slower . So come along on its Just for fun .

LBHIFI, bobinski and Whorty like this.
  2. Norry1

Norry1 Veteran

Nice one - I rather suspect that won't last long :smile:

https://www.strava.com/activities/1304719714/segments/32266512739

It is quite a good circuit for a race.

bobinski likes this.
  3. bobinski

bobinski Guru

Ryan, I would join but you are riding the flat route and I am chasing the Tron bike with 10,000 m to go and I am trying to do an average of 1000m climbing a day. Would it be ok if I joined for one lap at the start and then dropped off to hit the mast? I know riders dropping out can disturb group rides.

Last edited: 7 Dec 2017
  4. berty bassett

berty bassett Veteran

oooo - i didn't know we were trying up the tower !^_^
    i should finish work early today :hyper::okay:

Whorty and CXRAndy like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

Bob three!(threw) the kitchen sink at the tower climb:okay:

berty bassett likes this.
  6. bobinski

bobinski Guru

We are always trying Lee^_^

Ha! I was pleasantly surprised with my time last night because legs ached and I was struggling to get HR up in early part of the ride. I was getting passed by everyone. You can see where I had an early dig out of the saddle and then just about collapsed after 1st fluffed gear change. Once I made the turn though I could see 6-7 in front of who had passed me earlier and decided to reel them in. It worked but I was out of the saddle for most of it in a highish gear and the second gear fluff was when I sat down and had to change for an easier gear. Anyone else find they can ride 3 gears harder out of the saddle?
    Oh, if I was really pushing it on a good day HR would be round 180. Just saying :okay:
    Lee will get under 6min

Whorty likes this.
  7. Norry1

Norry1 Veteran

Strikes me we should start a separate thread where the first post has the links to the Zwift Strava segments that we want to compete. The author can always update that list over time by editing the first post.

Results / tables / challenges / banter and abuse would be in all the subsequent posts.

Good or bad idea? Volunteer for thread owner?

Martin

Whorty, berty bassett and CXRAndy like this.
  8. bobinski

bobinski Guru

Great idea- I might see if I can borrow a shared segment spreadsheet from somewhere we can put times in if all think a good idea?

9. OP
    OP
    CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

I always drop 2-3 gears when standing up. It's stops the legs from loading up and allows much more bodyweight to push down on the pedals

Whorty likes this.
  10. berty bassett

berty bassett Veteran

Randyberlin likes this.
  11. bridgy

bridgy Guru

What time on Sunday is that Ryan?

12. OP
    OP
    CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

What does this mean Bob? :tongue:
    20171207_111814.jpg

Attached Files:

Breedon likes this.
  13. bobinski

bobinski Guru

I think it means you weren’t fast enough^_^
    Cracking effort though:okay:

And congrats on the shirt. I have only had it once and I still cherish the memory!

I may have done:whistle:

Andy, what was your lowest gearing? Did you spin or power your way up?

CXRAndy likes this.
  14. OP
    OP
    CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

lowest gearing on bike is 34/28. but I think I switched between 22-24t on the cassette.

I was spinning
    AVG MAX
    Speed
    6.2mi/h 30.0mi/h
    Cadence 93 106
    Heart Rate 171 bpm 178 bpm
    Power 345W 433 W

I smashed the 65mph barrier on the way down and got sprint Jersey, so had a good ole day, Rest tomorrow :biggrin:

berty bassett and bobinski like this.
  15. Whorty

Whorty aka McCheatingWhortface

At least 3 gears higher, often 4 sometimes 5. Problem is when you sit back down again it's then almost impossible to turn the pedals :banghead: I think being on the heavier side standing and pushing a higher gear is OK for short bursts as I just let my weight drop on the pedal :tongue:Low cadence though and I can only do it for about 30-40 metres of ascent before I'm pooped :B)

Randyberlin likes this.