Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ryan lawman

Über Member
Hi Guys , on sunday i am leading the BRT one ride . If anyone one fancys joining the aim is to Ride together and Help the weak stay with the Pack . (Even when the sad Same people Always Join and go all in and Spoil it ) i will Set s pace of about 2.40 hrs . Depending on the group maybe faster or slower . So come along on its Just for fun .

Norry1

Legendary Member
@Norry1 you lead to timesheet for road to ruins loop:okay:. I had a club ride out tonight, which started sedately for the first 5-6 miles then the pace picked up. I'm more than a minute behind your time of tonight for 'Road to Ruins'

Nice one - I rather suspect that won't last long :smile:

https://www.strava.com/activities/1304719714/segments/32266512739

It is quite a good circuit for a race.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Hi Guys , on sunday i am leading the BRT one ride . If anyone one fancys joining the aim is to Ride together and Help the weak stay with the Pack . (Even when the sad Same people Always Join and go all in and Spoil it ) i will Set s pace of about 2.40 hrs . Depending on the group maybe faster or slower . So come along on its Just for fun .

Ryan, I would join but you are riding the flat route and I am chasing the Tron bike with 10,000 m to go and I am trying to do an average of 1000m climbing a day. Would it be ok if I joined for one lap at the start and then dropped off to hit the mast? I know riders dropping out can disturb group rides.

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
oooo - i didn't know we were trying up the tower !^_^
i should finish work early today :hyper::okay:

We are always trying Lee^_^

Bob three the kitchen sink at the tower climb:okay:

Ha! I was pleasantly surprised with my time last night because legs ached and I was struggling to get HR up in early part of the ride. I was getting passed by everyone. You can see where I had an early dig out of the saddle and then just about collapsed after 1st fluffed gear change. Once I made the turn though I could see 6-7 in front of who had passed me earlier and decided to reel them in. It worked but I was out of the saddle for most of it in a highish gear and the second gear fluff was when I sat down and had to change for an easier gear. Anyone else find they can ride 3 gears harder out of the saddle?
Oh, if I was really pushing it on a good day HR would be round 180. Just saying :okay:
Lee will get under 6min

Norry1

Legendary Member
Strikes me we should start a separate thread where the first post has the links to the Zwift Strava segments that we want to compete. The author can always update that list over time by editing the first post.

Results / tables / challenges / banter and abuse would be in all the subsequent posts.

Good or bad idea? Volunteer for thread owner?

Martin

bobinski

Legendary Member
Strikes me we should start a separate thread where the first post has the links to the Zwift Strava segments that we want to compete. The author can always update that list over time by editing the first post.

Results / tables / challenges / banter and abuse would be in all the subsequent posts.

Good or bad idea? Volunteer for thread owner?

Martin

Great idea- I might see if I can borrow a shared segment spreadsheet from somewhere we can put times in if all think a good idea?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I always drop 2-3 gears when standing up. It's stops the legs from loading up and allows much more bodyweight to push down on the pedals

bridgy

Legendary Member
What time on Sunday is that Ryan?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
What does this mean Bob? :tongue:
20171207_111814.jpg

Attachments

• 20171207_112014.jpg
    20171207_112014.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
lowest gearing on bike is 34/28. but I think I switched between 22-24t on the cassette.

I was spinning
AVG MAX
Speed
6.2mi/h 30.0mi/h
Cadence 93 106
Heart Rate 171 bpm 178 bpm
Power 345W 433 W

I smashed the 65mph barrier on the way down and got sprint Jersey, so had a good ole day, Rest tomorrow :biggrin:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
We are always trying Lee^_^

Ha! I was pleasantly surprised with my time last night because legs ached and I was struggling to get HR up in early part of the ride. I was getting passed by everyone. You can see where I had an early dig out of the saddle and then just about collapsed after 1st fluffed gear change. Once I made the turn though I could see 6-7 in front of who had passed me earlier and decided to reel them in. It worked but I was out of the saddle for most of it in a highish gear and the second gear fluff was when I sat down and had to change for an easier gear. Anyone else find they can ride 3 gears harder out of the saddle?
Oh, if I was really pushing it on a good day HR would be round 180. Just saying :okay:
Lee will get under 6min
At least 3 gears higher, often 4 sometimes 5. Problem is when you sit back down again it's then almost impossible to turn the pedals :banghead: I think being on the heavier side standing and pushing a higher gear is OK for short bursts as I just let my weight drop on the pedal :tongue:Low cadence though and I can only do it for about 30-40 metres of ascent before I'm pooped :B)

Top Bottom