Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Strikes me we should start a separate thread where the first post has the links to the Zwift Strava segments that we want to compete. The author can always update that list over time by editing the first post.

Results / tables / challenges / banter and abuse would be in all the subsequent posts.

Good or bad idea? Volunteer for thread owner?

Martin
Good idea :okay:

I volunteer @bobinski

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Carl, stay seated as much as possible. I only stand for cresting hills, stretching and final sprints. It takes alot out of most riders to stand for minutes at a time. I can manage 30 sec's but only whilst doing workout drills

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Like Andy, I stay seated for climbs as much as possible - Try Great Dun Fell for example 4 Miles at 8.8% - with long sections at > 18%. If you stand at all, then when you sit down, you'll be falling over. I often find on a climb of any length I'll be passed by other club riders standing, but before the crest I'll have reeled them back in, and be sitting in their wheel, ready and waiting for the final 50m when I pull out and attack hard. Russian Intervals are great for building that explosive attack on a hill ;)

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Carl, stay seated as much as possible. I only stand for cresting hills, stretching and final sprints. It takes alot out of most riders to stand for minutes at a time. I can manage 30 sec's but only whilst doing workout drills
Purely doing it for training, to build up different muscles and build some cardio. Very hard work, but no pain no gain ;)

bobinski

Legendary Member
Good idea :okay:

I volunteer @bobinski

If I had any idea what I was doing I would say Yes! But I don’t.
At zsun they have a google document shared amongst agreed users. That identifies along top segments to go for. Then... here’s a copy. So we can add our own times or, like last night, when I finished my ride Stew added mine under my nickname of wobble. You will see that he then sets a target but I suppose here we would simply be trying to beat Lee or Paul on most segments.
Race times ARE allowed so a little different to Andy’s rules.

Forgot to say it’s largely empty at moment because only post worlds times allowed.

Attachments

• 8D536397-BD52-4B6A-8F2C-B3CF9DE0FF4E.jpeg
    8D536397-BD52-4B6A-8F2C-B3CF9DE0FF4E.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 15

Norry1

Legendary Member
I think it is easier than that.

If we post the links to the segments we are interested on in Post 1 of a new thread, as we are all on the Strava CycleChat Turbo Club group, we can just link to that at any time to see the table. We just need to select the segments. If people post up the links they want, I'll start a thread if that helps.

So for example - the Mountain 8 (Andy Challenge) segment is https://www.strava.com/segments/12118544/

bobinski

Legendary Member
I think it is easier than that.

If we post the links to the segments we are interested on in Post 1 of a new thread, as we are all on the Strava CycleChat Turbo Club group, we can just link to that at any time to see the table. We just need to select the segments. If people post up the links they want, I'll start a thread if that helps.

So for example - the Mountain 8 (Andy Challenge) segment is https://www.strava.com/segments/12118544/

Sounds good to me. Only downside is they are not all easily viewable unless you go to Strava- or am I miss reading? You would have a table at top and then a link in thread?
All zwiftblog certified seems sensible ?

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Sounds good to me. Only downside is they are not all easily viewable unless you go to Strava- or am I miss reading? You would have a table at top and then a link in thread?
Sounds like a great idea guys

bridgy

Legendary Member
I'm not fully up to speed with this, but is the plan to identify a few specific segments and put some rules in place, and then we just have a go at the segments in our own time?

Would it work if anyone who made an attempt just posted a screenshot of the update Cyclechat leaderboard from Strava into the new trhead?

Top Bottom