1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zwift, Bkool splitter chat :)

Discussion in 'Virtual Training: Bkool, Zwift, CycleOps & others' started by CXRAndy, 6 Mar 2017.

Tags:
  1. Whorty

Whorty aka McCheatingWhortface

Good idea :okay:

I volunteer @bobinski

2. OP
    OP
    CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

Carl, stay seated as much as possible. I only stand for cresting hills, stretching and final sprints. It takes alot out of most riders to stand for minutes at a time. I can manage 30 sec's but only whilst doing workout drills

Whorty and Aleman like this.
  3. Aleman

Aleman Ale Man (BKool)

Like Andy, I stay seated for climbs as much as possible - Try Great Dun Fell for example 4 Miles at 8.8% - with long sections at > 18%. If you stand at all, then when you sit down, you'll be falling over. I often find on a climb of any length I'll be passed by other club riders standing, but before the crest I'll have reeled them back in, and be sitting in their wheel, ready and waiting for the final 50m when I pull out and attack hard. Russian Intervals are great for building that explosive attack on a hill ;)

4. Whorty

Whorty aka McCheatingWhortface

Purely doing it for training, to build up different muscles and build some cardio. Very hard work, but no pain no gain ;)

5. bobinski

bobinski Guru

If I had any idea what I was doing I would say Yes! But I don’t.
    At zsun they have a google document shared amongst agreed users. That identifies along top segments to go for. Then... here’s a copy. So we can add our own times or, like last night, when I finished my ride Stew added mine under my nickname of wobble. You will see that he then sets a target but I suppose here we would simply be trying to beat Lee or Paul on most segments.
    Race times ARE allowed so a little different to Andy’s rules.

Forgot to say it’s largely empty at moment because only post worlds times allowed.

Attached Files:

CXRAndy and Whorty like this.
  6. Norry1

Norry1 Veteran

I think it is easier than that.

If we post the links to the segments we are interested on in Post 1 of a new thread, as we are all on the Strava CycleChat Turbo Club group, we can just link to that at any time to see the table. We just need to select the segments. If people post up the links they want, I'll start a thread if that helps.

So for example - the Mountain 8 (Andy Challenge) segment is https://www.strava.com/segments/12118544/

CXRAndy, bobinski and Breedon like this.
  7. Breedon

Breedon Veteran

When doing the radio climb for the tron bike i can stand from the very bottom to the very top at a steady pace 2.5 w/kg which was taking around 6 minutes and i could feel the different muscles doing there thing, i can do 2-3 minutes at around 3.5.4 w/kg but the trick is to maintain that pace when you transition to seated easier said than done.

8. bobinski

bobinski Guru

Sounds good to me. Only downside is they are not all easily viewable unless you go to Strava- or am I miss reading? You would have a table at top and then a link in thread?
    All zwiftblog certified seems sensible ?

Last edited: 7 Dec 2017
    berty bassett, Breedon and CXRAndy like this.
  9. bridgy

bridgy Guru

Sounds like a great idea guys

10. bridgy

bridgy Guru

I'm not fully up to speed with this, but is the plan to identify a few specific segments and put some rules in place, and then we just have a go at the segments in our own time?

Would it work if anyone who made an attempt just posted a screenshot of the update Cyclechat leaderboard from Strava into the new trhead?

CXRAndy likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

Ooo, ooo, I've got a segment, me and Lee have done it:smile:, Bob always seem busy:whistle:

TurboTommy and berty bassett like this.
  12. berty bassett

berty bassett Veteran

it sounds like a great idea and i wish i could help but - well i guess you know by now !

13. OP
    OP
    CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

Bloody hell Lee:notworthy:

bobinski and berty bassett like this.
  14. TurboTommy

TurboTommy Über Member

You tripped, fell, and found yourself in a soho public toilet AGAIN?!

:o)

Whorty and berty bassett like this.
  15. bobinski

bobinski Guru

:reading: