Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I know Paul and we all know how strong a rider you are. The exception that proves the rule perhaps?
I had a chat with another strong zsun rider Today and he said “
Hi Wobble. Really weird if I am honest, some days the BKool seems bang on to the Stages, other days it is ridiculous how easy it is to push the Watts. I have the stages so that I can have consistent power between inside/outside and all my bikes. I say as long as you are comparing apples with apples the absolute figure is secondary. If I see a gain on my Stages I know it is a true gain, same couldn’t be said for my BKool.”
Upshot is you and Whorty have a feel for when bkool is clearly giving you a boost and when you think it’s ok then it’s probably as accurate as most. So Lets all proceed on that basis and all bkool users can decide if the watts don’t seem right.
What your zsun friend says sounds spot on Bob. To me it's really obvious when the trainer's not working properly. Funnily enough it hasn't done that for ages now - had no need to turn off and on again recently

bobinski

Legendary Member
:welcome:
Completely agree :okay: When they are out, it is so obvious as my time up the KoM (that I deleted) shows. What the pros do do, is over egg the watts, but I'm still not convinced they over egg the speed that much (if at all). Rob said the same recently, comparing his Pro to his new Neo - watts higher on the pro, but speed no different - on Zwift..... clearly on BSIM the other trainers do suffer more.

I reckon speed is generally though perhaps not always up and down with the watts and I say that from personal experience. I know how I have struggled to beat my bkool times over the last year .i appreciate that is self serving but I also know zsun riders, as above, who can compare with a PM and can say the extra bkool fairly watts give them extra speed. Perhaps not all the time. As Tommy suggests, their may even be times they under report watts and speed! And I reckon it varies by Unit too. Bottom line though is I/ we should stop talking about it now. let’s crack on and ride and race together. And banter after:okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Completely agree :okay: When they are out, it is so obvious as my time up the KoM (that I deleted) shows. What the pros do do, is over egg the watts, but I'm still not convinced they over egg the speed that much (if at all). Rob said the same recently, comparing his Pro to his new Neo - watts higher on the pro, but speed no different - on Zwift..... clearly on BSIM the other trainers do suffer more.
I think the flat is a little easier on the pro than the Neo. Long uphills (and downhills) there doesn't seem to be much difference based on my times on both. As long as the pro is working properly of course!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Actually we don't need a league just a list of the major segments, the league already exists in Cyclechat on Strava. If anyone wants to join just ask Kipster to be added. I'll create a thread tomorrow with the major loops, and add the most popular as time goes by, what do you reckon?

bridgy

Legendary Member
:welcome:

I reckon speed is generally though perhaps not always up and down with the watts and I say that from personal experience. I know how I have struggled to beat my bkool times over the last year .i appreciate that is self serving but I also know zsun riders, as above, who can compare with a PM and can say the extra bkool fairly watts give them extra speed. Perhaps not all the time. As Tommy suggests, their may even be times they under report watts and speed! And I reckon it varies by Unit too. Bottom line though is I/ we should stop talking about it now. let’s crack on and ride and race together. And banter after:okay:
Good idea Bob - let's do a deal - I'll stop going on about it if you will ;)

One last thing though regarding watts - the faster time I did up Box Hill on the Neo shows as lower watts than my next two fastest times (which were both done on the Bkool) :wacko:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I think the flat is a little easier on the pro than the Neo. Long uphills (and downhills) there doesn't seem to be much difference based on my times on both. As long as the pro is working properly of course!

I meant to say this. I have always thought a properly working pro has a small advantage on the flats but that disappears as the gradient rises and becomes pretty much on a par with the NEO.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Good idea Bob - let's do a deal - I'll stop going on about it if you will ;)

One last thing though regarding watts - the faster time I did up Box Hill on the Neo shows as lower watts than my next two fastest times (which were both done on the Bkool) :wacko:

See my last post on the topic:okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I like the graphics ... but no system yet so we'll see. Also they talk about training plans and nutrition .... feels like a big sell on its way :whistle:

Last edited:

kipster

Guru
Actually we don't need a league just a list of the major segments, the league already exists in Cyclechat on Strava. If anyone wants to join just ask Kipster to be added. I'll create a thread tomorrow with the major loops, and add the most popular as time goes by, what do you reckon?
HI all, been lurking but not posting recently, too busy at work but getting a few zwift rides in as well as a new found love of riding in mud and along bridleways on my cyclocross bike.

I'd also been having problems with ANT+ power drop outs from the Kickr Snap on Zwift, which I have now resolved, so gearing up to do some races.

Anyway, if anyone isn't in the strava cyclechat turbo club, request to join, drop a cyclechat name = strava name in here and I'll approve them.

Marino.g

Veteran
Your mate is right - it is obvious when the Pro is out - like the time I was pushing 1000 watts :eek: or cruising at 450 watts with not much effort. Exceptions thankfully, and can be spotted when it happens. Most times it is a hard graft - other day it was like riding through treacle for e.g.
Mine is the opposite, I put in so much effort just to get 150 Watts and that’s after a remote calibration by Bkool!

berty bassett

Legendary Member
sounds good Andy :thumbsup:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
sounds good Andy :thumbsup:
Worth adding, if there are any segments that are used in the league where I seem to have too fast times, someone tell me and i'll try and track those rides down - if that ride looks like an outlier, and wasn't a race where I was in a large group and hence drafting played a part, I'll delete the ride. I don't take much notice of Strava and segment times and when the Pro is playing up I still ride on (but not in races!!) so I probably do still have some dodgy times in Strava.

Top Bottom