Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LBHIFI

Veteran
It's just like proper racing, if you let the gaps appear, its hell to get back on. You can't take your eyes off your avatar and if the smallest of gap appears, work right then to close it. Its happened to me just the same you are following the wrong rider, boom, dropped.
Yeah, that happend to me often in real life races, but in real life I'm always able to close those gaps.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Yeah, that happend to me often in real life races, but in real life I'm always able to close those gaps.

The group does seem to be advantaged so it's vital to keep with it as long as possible

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Top racing from Lee and Andy and lots of PB’s tonight.
Well done boys.

On the rivet most of the way! A few distractions, battery went on Di2, so I lost front derailleur:eek: I jumped off the bike after the tower to plug in the bike- phew^_^

Bob, playing silly beggar,:tongue: dropping out, re appearing riding 4.5W/Kg then 1W/Kg, posting 'heres Bob':laugh:, almost catching me on the tower, next 3 minutes behind!

I had a good descent, pulling in some climbers and powering away once I hit the flat. I then had my final battle with a Swiss chap, he must of been a climber because I caught him quickly on the flats, but he came back at me in the volcano section, so I let him lead to the crest, before going hard, he was quite difficult to shake off and needed some big power bursts to crack his spirit. Absolutely delighted with my effort, average power and my target of sub 1hr30.:biggrin:

Now Lee you are a truly a monster climber, leaving me Bob and hanging with the front guys. :okay:
https://zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=31772
Paul, despite riding solo, still got the better us 2 chapeau again :notworthy:

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bob, playing silly beggar,:tongue: dropping out, then re appearing riding 4.5W/Kg then 1W/Kg, almost catching me on the tower, then next 3 minutes behind!

I had a good descent, pulling in some climbers and powering away once I hit the flat. K then had my final battle with a Swiss chap, he must of been a climber because I caught him quickly on the flats, but he came back at me in the volcano section, so I let him lead to the crest, before going hard, he was quite difficult to shake off and needed some big power bursts to crack his spirit. Absolutely delighted with my effort, average power and my target of sub 1hr30.:biggrin:

Now Lee you are a truly a monster climber, leaving me Bob and hanging with the front guys. :okay:

Paul, despite riding solo, still got the better us 2 chapeau again :notworthy:

Sorry about the messages and the sudden chase up towards the tower. Made nearly 2m on you. I was just trying to motivate you to ride faster! It worked^_^

I knew I didn’t have the puff tonight even though the legs were willing. Nearly 3 min slower than recent times on KOM says it all.
Hugely impressive times from you both:notworthy:

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Sorry about the messages and the sudden chase up towards the tower. Made nearly 2m on you. I was just trying to motivate you to ride faster! It worked^_^

I knew I didn’t have the puff tonight even though the legs were willing. Nearly 3 min slower than recent times on KOM says it all.
Hugely impressive times from you both:notworthy:

I sort of knew once your efforts were all over the place you were messing. I was trying to be consistent with my power of 3.5W/Kg on the mountain, but when you came right back at me I did dig in a little to stay with you,Ta:okay:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Comparing my effort against both Lee and Paul. climbers win. I lost 3 mins on the KOM and a further 1.5 minutes up the tower. I then only managed to peg or slightly reduce the losses till the end, with the volcano losing a bit more time to take me to 5 or so minutes behind.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
well i made a huge mistake didn't i
its called 3 sisters cos there is 3 hills - there was me thinking i had done the hard bit at the top of the tower !
totally forgot about the last one and my legs were shot - the little group i was holding on to just went into the distance and i really struggled
well done Paul for solo effort

Top Bottom