Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Good luck to any old lady who jumps out in front of me whilst on my new steed!

View attachment 645588

From now on, y’all can all refer to me by my cowboy name, ‘Texas Tommy’… 🤠
'4 Toes Tex' it is then ;):laugh:

How's the numbers looking for the ZRL finals today for Splitters. You lot love sprinting, I think the course really suits you so a real chance at a very good result :okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Good luck to any old lady who jumps out in front of me whilst on my new steed!

View attachment 645588

From now on, y’all can all refer to me by my cowboy name, ‘Texas Tommy’… 🤠

Looks like you’ll ride any old Nag 😉

Joffey

Big Dosser
Bloody house sale has fallen through. My buyer's solicitor said 2 weeks they are about to sign contracts ... then all went quiet. Found out yesterday the buyers had their mortgage application rejected. My estate agent mortgage broker spoke to the buyers, went through their numbers, and he said he can't see how they got this far in the process as base on the numbers he's seen they can't afford the house.

FFS .... have lost nearly 3 months and of course the market has changed in that time so few buyers out there now compared to early March.

I am not a happy bunny. Thankfully my headspace isn't too bad today.

Off to Bath to watch rugby later. Have a few ciders with my lady friend.

I suppose it could be worse ... I could be one of the poor sods in the Ukraine, so maybe I need to suck it up.

Ah crap, sorry to hear that buddy.

Joffey

Big Dosser
tempImageGTGDML.png
Just watching CCC in the finals with my 'acquired' Zwift glass containing Timmy Taylor's Landlord. A fitting end to the season - I wish I could be racing though!!!

We are on lap 3 but the lads are digging in and doing fantastically well :becool:

steverob

Guru
View attachment 645650
Just watching CCC in the finals with my 'acquired' Zwift glass containing Timmy Taylor's Landlord. A fitting end to the season - I wish I could be racing though!!!

We are on lap 3 but the lads are digging in and doing fantastically well :becool:
I think you mean @Peter Salt and @alex_cycles are doing fantastically well! The rest of us are trying our best...

steverob

Guru
Plan worked im still alive just!. Got my revenge on a cryo gen rider who dropped me on the last race satisfying . Tried to chase Steve down on the last lap took 20 secs off him but . I attacked my little group up the climb to the railway and dropped them and TT effort home
When I got dropped (for the second time) from my group on the final lap, I was in no-mans land and saw your group 50 seconds behind and assumed I was going to get caught as I wasn't pushing hard - had no reason to.

Then I saw one of the Portugese riders from the group ahead also get dropped and knew I could catch him with a small sustained effort (had already done this to him on a previous lap), then as soon as I had done I sat on his wheel to recover, which is why your group was able to eat into my lead so easily. Then when we reached the arcade, I sprinted away from him - after all, 100th place was on the line; being able to say you finished in the top 100 is a surprisingly good motivator!

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
Looks like CCC Splitters have come 7th out of 27 teams overall, which considering we're not a team known for our sprinting on such a sprint heavy final course, is really brilliant.

However @Peter Salt is now our new @Whorty - telling everyone he's not a sprinter when he got over 60% of our points, which included a 1st, a 2nd, two 3rds and two 4ths at primes! Shout out also to @alex_cycles who absolutely killed himself to get a final lap FTS placing.

13 rider

Guru
Didnt think I would but strangely I enjoyed that . After getting over the disappointment of being dropped on the brutal start again . I found myself in a group of 6 ,halfway round the first lap we reeled in a bigger group making about 20 of us . The pace was just uncomfortable but ok then on the 2nd lap a sandbagger lit up the sprint at 11.8wkgs and ripped the group apart . Back in a group of 6 . Had some fun at the sprints that none of us were really going for but kept rolling the cryo gen rider on the line ,it amused me . On every incline I could tell I was the lightweight in the group as my wkgs was the lowest . Just before the last climb to the railway I noticed the next man up the road was Steve at 50 secs ,oh a carrot to chase . So on the climb I had a dig got a gap and then went all in to the end took 8 secs off the group but Steve was too far in front to catch

13 rider

Guru
Just took my TCR off the trainer ready for tomorrows outdoor ride and noticed a lot of play in the bottom bracket , 2 zwift races in a week has killed my bike . My trusty Defy is of commuting duties for tomorrows ride . Glad I didn't notice the play before today's ride as I probably wouldn't have dared to ride it and it's my only 11 speed bike .

Top Bottom