Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
God damn the pusher man !!
I’ll have em

Sorry mate, you have crashed often enough as it is 😁

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Had a race around Innsbruck with the added prime of the leg snapper and new finish line. Its rather cruel to finish on the leg snapper- especially for a big fella like me.:heat:

I think I've got Paul's time in sight, :tongue:with my Pb coming on the last lap 1.01 at ave 469W . 525W+ should be achievable to go sub 1min.

NB, On the final lap, the finish banner is after the arch on the bend, so don't ease up like I did :blush:

BurningLegs

Veteran
Had a race around Innsbruck with the added prime of the leg snapper and new finish line. Its rather cruel to finish on the leg snapper- especially for a big fella like me.:heat:

I think I've got Paul's time in sight, :tongue:with my Pb coming on the last lap 1.01 at ave 469W . 525W+ should be achievable to go sub 1min.

NB, On the final lap, the finish banner is after the arch on the bend, so don't ease up like I did :blush:

This prompted me to check my legsnapper times on this race the other day. Although I set my PB 1min power, that only gave me my 2nd fastest time up it (due to weight, no doubt) at 53s - fastest is 51s.

I was also much slower up it the second and third times, so repeatability is an issue!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I was beginning to feel it on the last lap, sight of the finish spurred me on. :heat:

Its that type of course, where if you get gapped at the crest by a few secs, to get back on a pack is very difficult. then you're racing for minor places. I held position lap 1, tried to get right up the front L2 and hang on for the finish lap

steverob

Guru
On my Innsbruck run, I managed my best power for Leg Snapper on laps 1 and 3, but my time was way better on lap 1. Laps 2 & 3 had the same time even though 3 had higher watts. I'm guessing that this was because there were fewer riders around me with each attempt at the climb.

Lap 1's climb I went extra hard because I was trying to hold on to the lead pack - four did get away at the front, but the snake of riders they left behind (including myself) did eventually coalesce by the time we reached the sprint and with the larger pack draft we then caught the leaders up at the lap banner. On Lap 2 I still put in a good effort but didn't go full beans as I knew I didn't have enough to stay with the leaders and my plan was now to stay with the second group on the road and see if I could win that. And then Lap 3 was putting that plan into action - me and one other rider dropped the rest of our group as soon as the climb started, I sat on her wheel while she used her power-up, then overtook with maybe 100m still to go, got a small gap and held on to it over the line.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Checked ZP for results, the winner is rather fishy.

He had 15, 30s and 1 min power of ridiculous levels and classed a C cat nearly B.

Matt ‘Chunk’ MeanwellTBR Racing
36:13
2.5w/kg238w
426w
2.6w/kg3.7w/kg9.8w/kg13.2w/kg16.2w/kg94.0kgMas155bpm183bpm184cm

He went up the climb first time in 30 seconds :laugh:

Has won many races in C and B and done very well in A too

:stop:

I came 6th, 5th if you remove his result :tongue:

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
I've not tried riding since I had Covid a couple of weeks ago. I tested -ve at the end of last week but am still coughing a fair bit and producing unreasonable amounts of gunk. I've felt quite tired and jaded, too. I'm thinking about getting on the turbo for a gentle spin tonight or tomorrow morning, though. Definitely no big efforts, mind.
Gah, thinking about it was as far as I got! Yesterday was my big 4-1 so I treated myself to a lie-in rather than Zwifting, and Jo and I went out for an amazing meal at Anoki in the evening which, to tell the truth, was much more appealing than a dull pace partner ride in Watopia....

Really need to get my Zwifting mojo back... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom