Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
Looks ok, but will give it a good look. I've got a new 11-34 for daughter but could swap it out into mine :smile:
I find they look ok, its not until you get out of the saddle and put the power down you find out they’re worn as the new chain jumps all over the place and you get spat out the back of group..... Did you measure the old chain? if over 1 then the cassette will more often than not need replacing.

Last edited:

kipster

Guru
I wish I could but I just can’t get on with zwift while using trainerroad for some reason. I’m not sure if it’s that I want to race the people I come across or that I just find them a little off putting. I’ve settled on either listening to music for the short sharp HIIT sessions. Or Netflix or similar for the longer interval sessions.
I know what you mean, it was soul destroying watching everyone come past me as I was doing 102w up Box Hill (about 7 km/h), but I started getting them back when the 250w interval started, still off what I can do up Box Hill. I have a radio on, intervals and Netflix sounds like multi tasking and I’m reliably informed that I cant do that.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Chain length was good with no stretching, it was the next link after the quick link, the centre roller fell out with quick link. No big deal, it had lasted way more than I'd expected. Nice gold chain for this year.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I know what you mean, it was soul destroying watching everyone come past me as I was doing 102w up Box Hill (about 7 km/h), but I started getting them back when the 250w interval started, still off what I can do up Box Hill. I have a radio on, intervals and Netflix sounds like multi tasking and I’m reliably informed that I cant do that.

Yeah it only works for long intervals, like 10+mins for me. I know what you mean. Otherwise it’s just music, or maybe music with sport on tv with mute on.

<Tommy>

Chain length was good with no stretching, it was the next link after the quick link, the centre roller fell out with quick link. No big deal, it had lasted way more than I'd expected. Nice gold chain for this year.

I’ve been tempted by the gold chain in the past. Th other colours look quite snazzy too! I remeber you having one when you put up the pics of the tripster. Do you still use the boardman on the turbo Andy?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
It's pretty much glued to the Kickr, Tommy. I did 3 TT with it last year. I must try and get out a few more times, but every time there was a TT it was either raining, blowing a gale, too cold. I found it easier mentally to go on Zwift instead

My mate has got this chain
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/kmc-x11sl-dlc-11-speed-chain/rp-prod120628
That is bling and comes in a variety of colours to match frame :biggrin:

Last edited:

<Tommy>

It's pretty much glued to the Kickr, Tommy. I did 3 TT with it last year. I must try and get out a few more times, but every time there was a TT it was either raining, blowing a gale, too cold. I found it easier mentally to go on Zwift instead

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/kmc-x11sl-dlc-11-speed-chain/rp-prod120628

I thought about the white one but it would probably be annoying trying to keep it clean. And the black one I reckon people would just assume you never clean your chain! But I think they’re all great fun though. I like loads of the colours. And I’m still tempted to buy one from time to time. For what it’s worth they are expensive but you can get them a lot cheaper than the listed price in that link. I think I’ve seen them for around £40. Ive never actually seen one in the flesh. But I can’t imagine any of them being more bling-tasting than your gold one! ^_^

kipster

Guru

This one is tempting
celeste chain.jpg

bobinski

Legendary Member
Last weekend I watched a cycling weekly vid on the Hill climbing season and they recommended the kmc ( in Gold ‘natch) due to light weight. And bling factor.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Andy! You are a very naughty boy rushing off like that!:biggrin:

I was only following you:whistle:

Does that mean I'm not allowed to come again?:tongue:
The group I was in got faster and faster, ave wattage increased per lap. We swept up several lead groups and unfortunately spat out some of them as well. We were making quite a big group at the mid point. My W/Kg was right in the middle of the the ride description, I actually slowed to below 2W/Kg, the main group slowed to let back-markers catch up. So I went with a pace that for most part comfortable.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I was keen to go fast at first because the club ride is sometimes faster than advertised. That’s why I was happy to be at or near front. It became clear the pace would be slower so I slowed. Once it settled down that was it. I thought we might chase your group on the last lap. You had 2min 15 so I thought catchable but there was no interest. No doubt you would have sped up so would have been v difficult.
Main thing for me was to test further new raised saddle height and all seems fine- just tightness shifted from quads to calf’s.

Yeah, see ya next Saturday.
Or do the chain gang “race” later in the day?

Top Bottom