Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JLaw

Veteran
So a couple things to report...

First, finally wrapped up climbing for my tron bike. I got the notification just after passing through the Box Hill KOM. I'll have to take it out for a proper spin in a KISS race next week.

Second, picked up an Apple TV widget. Essentially it allows me to not bother bringing my son's laptop up to the vacation house (yea, I'm still lugging the 60lb Kickr around, so it's a bit absurd to avoid the 3lb laptop, but hey....). It was rather frustrating to set up. First, the complaints about hte remote, spot on. I hate the damn thing. Also note that whatever apple account you pair it with *must* have been logged into at least once from either a windows device or some other apple device. Being a linux guy, I don't have either and I was about ready to throw the apple tv widget out the window. I ultimately realized my daughter uses my wife's old iphone 4 to stream pandora at night... That did the trick and things worked reasonably well from that point onward.

As others have noted, there's no workout editor and any custom workouts have to be created in training peaks and scheduled for today. The good news is that just works and you don't need to be a premium member of TP to get that functionality.

Anyway, probably not a big deal for most here... But if you find yourselves looking for an alternate to a mac or pc hooked up to the tv/monitor, definitely consider the itv box. As much as I dislike apple, it's a convenient little box.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Jeff, Well done on the Tron bike. Although it’s a availability is a bit gamey I found getting it and using it strangely satisfying.

Yeah I’d like the tron bike, at the least just so I know I’ve done a decent wedge of climbing.

But I’ve seen someone on Facebook mention that your avatar doesn’t sit up when drafting on the the tron bike, is that right? Maybe he had it wrong.

Or maybe they assume Jedi’s don’t need the visual aid!

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Yeah I’d like the tron bike, at the least just so I know I’ve done a decent wedge of climbing.

But I’ve seen someone on Facebook mention that your avatar doesn’t sit up when drafting on the the tron bike, is that right? Maybe he had it wrong.

Or maybe they assume Jedi’s don’t need the visual aid!

Still on schedule to get the Tron bike early-Feb. I read the thing about it stopping your avatar sitting up as well. Anyone noticed?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Still on schedule to get the Tron bike early-Feb. I read the thing about it stopping your avatar sitting up as well. Anyone noticed?
I reckon that is where the extra speed comes from on a Tron bike. Yesterday on my ride I would be on a descent behind several riders my avatar would be sitting up. I felt I had to put in a little more effort to stay in position. Now and then on the same part of the course if I accelerated my avatar would go aero and I would then ease off power because I could literally cruise by nearly free wheeling

Last edited:

<Tommy>

I reckon that is where the extra speed comes from on a Tron bike. Yesterday on my ride I would be on a descent behind several riders my avatar would be sitting up. I felt I had to put in a little more effort to stay in position. Now and then on the same part of the course if I accelerated my avatar would go aero and I would then ease off power because I could literally cruise by nearly free wheeling

Do you mean you think it puts people sitting behind a tron bike at a disadvantage? Sorry if I’m being slow...

The guy who I saw mention it said that when he raced he’d gone back to using the cervelo because he didn’t think there was much in the two bikes performance wise, but the drafting thing was putting him off. And he used the tron for solo training.

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
I think the point is that you wouldn't be able to see when your avatar was in the draft. Normally you can tell because they are leant over.

<Tommy>

I think the point is that you wouldn't be able to see when your avatar was in the draft. Normally you can tell because they are leant over.

Yeah I assumed the guys on tron bikes could still get the drafting effect.

But I thought Andy was saying himself, not on a tron bike, was putting in more effort than he normally would even while his avatar was sitting up. But like I say... little confused. ( I put it down to it being Sunday morning...)

bobinski

Legendary Member
Tommy, I think the Tron bike gives a 6s advantage over a Watopia flat lap over the cervelo and I am not sure how Zwift gives that advantage. Anyway, it’s minimal. You can certainly draft with the Tron bike but you cannot see when you are or not in that sitting up visual cue is missing but I cannot say I have noticed or that I miss it. If you are off but close to the draft you still get the close the gap message on screen .Dave races more than any of us and I wonder what he thinks?
It does not put riders around a Tron bike at any disadvantage bar that 6seconds.

<Tommy>

Tommy, I think the Tron bike gives a 6s advantage over a Watopia flat lap over the cervelo and I am not sure how Zwift gives that advantage. Anyway, it’s minimal. You can certainly draft with the Tron bike but you cannot see when you are or not in that sitting up visual cue is missing but I cannot say I have noticed or that I miss it. If you are off but close to the draft you still get the close the gap message on screen .Dave races more than any of us and I wonder what he thinks?
It does not put riders around a Tron bike at any disadvantage bar that 6seconds.

Yeah I’m going to assume it doesn’t bother most people. Just going on the amount of people who ride / race on them. It obviously bothers some, hence the Facebook comment which we’ve now seemingly proved to be correct.

The only real disadvantages is if you find it preferable for your avatar to sit up to show you’re drafting. Maybe zwift are going to change it but it seems strange they didn’t include it in the first place.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Well, it’s the internet. I am not sure much is proved to be correct or not. It’s all just an opinion based on other people’s opinions and limited experience. You’ll be able to make your own judgement if you ever get the Tron bike:okay:

<Tommy>

Ha! I don’t know if I’ll ever get it to be fair but I’d like to. Hopefully they’re still offering it in a couple of years...Real life takes over sometimes doesn’t it!

It’s a fact that you don’t sit up in the draft on the tron bike isn’t it? That is a fact right?

bobinski

Legendary Member
Ha! I don’t know if I’ll ever get it to be fair but I’d like to. Hopefully they’re still offering it in a couple of years...Real life takes over sometimes doesn’t it!

It’s a fact that you don’t sit up in the draft on the tron bike isn’t it? That is a fact right?

That’s my opinion based on my experience and reflects also what others have said. So, it probably is a fact. Good enough? ^_^

Top Bottom