Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
Have any of you guys had trouble completing workout sessions from the various online training systems? Each week TodaysPlan throws a session at me that I just havn't got the stamina to finish in one session. I have to cut in in half and do the one in the morning and the second in the afternoon.
It wants me to do 1h:20min - 1h:30min at 93% of FTP (4x20min/3x30min with 5 min "rest" periods at 70% of FTP).
Isn't this a bit over the top or am I just a wuss?

Some are a lot tougher than others, my next TR one is 3x20 minute @95% FTP with 5 minute recoveries, that should be ok. I had one a couple of weeks back which I really struggled to finish, 3 sets of 7 * 1 minute @125% FTP with 30 second recoveries.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Lars are you eating enough, or trying to lose weight? Really need to maintain weight with power session s. More protein and a tad less carbohydrates

Marino.g

Veteran
I have my eye on one of those at some point-how do you find it in general?
It's growing on me. I had problems setting it up to begin with and was very eratic but it works just fine now.
Mine also makes a dot matrix printer noise constantly with resistance changes but I've got use to that as well.
It works well on Zwift and I've got the difficulty level set to 100% and the inclines seem easier but I did buy a new rear cassette (11-30) which is probably the reason why.
It's certainly value for money as it does the job alot cheaper then other direct drive models.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Weird nights sleep, if I can call it sleep . Felt pretty rough yesterday afternoon. So took to the JD and chased it with a lemsip. By 8pm I was knackered. Went to bed where I began to shiver whilst feeling absolutely red hot. My heart rate was racing . By 1 pm I had a thumping headache, I staggered downstairs for some brufen and a drink. Back to bed still couldn't cool down or slow H R. 3 pm staggered downstairs again trying to find paracetamol. Dosed up I went back to bed. I awoke to find HR normal, body temperature back to normal and left with a very gravelly chest. Just hope I can shake it off for the NC. Wife in comparison has spent nearly 4 days in bed with similar symptoms.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
The direct drive smart trainer a little down the price range are good value. It just seems more refined product further up the price chain.

Made a good choice there Carl:okay:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Weird nights sleep, if I can call it sleep . Felt pretty rough yesterday afternoon. So took to the JD and chased it with a lemsip. By 8pm I was knackered. Went to bed where I began to shiver whilst feeling absolutely red hot. My heart rate was racing . By 1 pm I had a thumping headache, I staggered downstairs for some brufen and a drink. Back to bed still couldn't cool down or slow H R. 3 pm staggered downstairs again trying to find paracetamol. Dosed up I went back to bed. I awoke to find HR normal, body temperature back to normal and left with a very gravelly chest. Just hope I can shake it off for the NC. Wife in comparison has spent nearly 4 days in bed with similar symptoms.
I had the same in January took about 3 days to recover and didn't really eat for 3 days as well.
Plenty of rest:okay:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Lars what distance are you doing. UK TT is generally 10miles(16k) 25miles(40k) . There are odd ball 15mile events

Norry1

Legendary Member
Some are a lot tougher than others, my next TR one is 3x20 minute @95% FTP with 5 minute recoveries, that should be ok. I had one a couple of weeks back which I really struggled to finish, 3 sets of 7 * 1 minute @125% FTP with 30 second recoveries.

I "failed" the TR workout Leconte. It was 4 blocks of 2 x 10 mins at 95-98% of Ftp with 4 30 second bursts at 110% (1 min between the 10 min blocks and 5 mins between the 2 x 10 if that makes sense).

Top Bottom