Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Anybody else do the KISS race tonight? Just done B cat, first time I've managed to get the start right though, so some improvement, I just had trouble holding on to the first group. Got dropped off the back about 2/3s the way through lap 1, then had to try and balance letting the two guys behind me catch up whilst not losing too much time against the group in front. In the end, the two guys caught me up, and we tried to catch the group ahead, but burnt out and got swept up by the second group. Managed to place about 8th out of them, some of them were doing around 12W/Kg and I can't match that.

Quite enjoyable as far as it went, totally knackered now though.

kipster

Guru
Yeah it’s a tough one Lars. I agree the more you can do at optimal level the better. But say you do a workout on day 1 and hit your targets. Day 2, you think you can’t do the workout at max intensity. What do you do then? I say I will try reducing intensity of that session to finish it. You say you stop and do the second half later that day. So I suppose we can say that we have both reduced intensity, but in different ways?

It is interesting to me. I’m obviously no expert. But my training is becoming more focussed and I’m very interested in how other people approach things and their reasons why. I think maybe the reason I do things the way I do is because my mind is probably more determined than my body most days!

A couple of weeks back I reduced a TrainerRoad out to 98% because I was hurting and Coach Chad said I could if I was struggling to keep form. The next session I was feeling fresh so the intensity went up 102% I recall. Again Coach said I could. He's kinda nice like that!!

bobinski

Legendary Member
B6E731A1-BA62-4B74-A5BE-0C1F6285B1D5.png
Morning.
I know it’s not a race but I will be doing this ride tonight. The A group is likely to ride a bit faster than advertised so might be interesting for anyone looking for PB’s.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Still unwell? You have my sympathy Andy.
Perhaps do the C and see how you go?

Antibiotics have not cleared my ear /throat infection so back to the Dr’s for me. It’s a miserable time of year :angry:

It will be a virus Bob. I'm going to do a 30 mins ride tomorrow keep my HR below 100 just help clear the airway s

Monte

Über Member
Antibiotics have not cleared my ear /throat infection so back to the Dr’s for me. It’s a miserable time of year :angry:

Yep, feel your pain... 3 weeks now and still not recovered.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Did the castelli group ride quite fun ìn a sick way, the start was quite bad as i had 3-4power drop outs at the very start, so i was 5th from last 1250th i think, used my power ups well and finished 416th 240 watts Avg for 46 mins i was in the draft for 98% of the ride, quite happy with that as I've had 2 weeks off the bike found i could hold the power for slightly longer than normal thanks to the sweet spot work on TrainerRoad.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Did the castelli group ride quite fun ìn a sick way, the start was quite bad as i had 3-4power drop outs at the very start, so i was 5th from last 1250th i think, used my power ups well and finished 416th 240 watts Avg for 46 mins i was in the draft for 98% of the ride, quite happy with that as I've had 2 weeks off the bike found i could hold the power for slightly longer than normal thanks to the sweet spot work on TrainerRoad.

Nice power there Dean:thumbsup:

I could only average 220w for an hour on the 3 sisters before bailing .taunted by Zwift telling me I had a 30 day best for KOM but it’s nearly 4min slower than my best from November. Wish they would drop that feature.

si_c

Guru

I wasn't planning on getting on, but family weren't getting to ours till after 7, so asked Mrs C if I could, and she said yes! Bonus!

Nice, I thought I saw you on the B Dean, but there were so many riders it was insane. I ended up finishing 63rd according to Zwift, but got bumped up to 33rd on Zwiftpower, with a 323W NP. Finished in 42.08.

Was really hard, I held onto the first group for about the first 5km, but they were holding well over 4.5W/Kg and I couldn't/didn't want to try holding that for an hour. Ended up sitting in the second group, but it kept breaking up and reforming, although we were catching quite a few people overall including a lot of As, moved up from about 90th at the end of the first lap so a fairly steady pace. Didn't have anything extra for the last two km though, so ended up moving back a bit. Legs are really sore now, they were already stiff and sore after yesterday, so that hasn't helped.

Definitely recommend the ride though for anyone who can get on at the time, great ride.

JLaw

Veteran
So I came down with man-flu... So there is a reasonable chance the less than stellar efforts last week were just a preview of what was to come. Too bad, the stars aligned giving me the opportunity to race the 100k Sunday morning. But after lap I knew it wasn't meant to be...

Im hoping I'm back on the trainer tomorrow...

Top Bottom