Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
From the pub?
will have to be if its a 4am start ! though you draft at your own risk

si_c

Guru
Did the KISS C race last night, figured I'd have some fun and keep pushing at the front and string things out a bit. I guess I wasn't the only one as there were couple of other B+ cat riders racing.

Went off with the first group, and stayed with them til the end, ended up being around the top end C w/kg, I picked up 3 of the 5 sprints, but for the final sprint to of the B cat riders shot off the front about 3km out doing 10w/kg, and I just wasn't going to try holding that, so held off and rolled in 6th I think.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Did the KISS C race last night, figured I'd have some fun and keep pushing at the front and string things out a bit. I guess I wasn't the only one as there were couple of other B+ cat riders racing.

Went off with the first group, and stayed with them til the end, ended up being around the top end C w/kg, I picked up 3 of the 5 sprints, but for the final sprint to of the B cat riders shot off the front about 3km out doing 10w/kg, and I just wasn't going to try holding that, so held off and rolled in 6th I think.

you got moved into B yourself in a c/d only race.... very odd, i've never seen that happen before.
https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=42211&sid=64b2cb3c8ff8df7526d833a2705ab68c

it was your tag that caught my attention and i have now also joined the cyclechat zwift team.

I won the D race comfortably once everyone had been upgraded.

Last edited:

LBHIFI

Veteran
Yeah it’s a tough one Lars. I agree the more you can do at optimal level the better. But say you do a workout on day 1 and hit your targets. Day 2, you think you can’t do the workout at max intensity. What do you do then? I say I will try reducing intensity of that session to finish it. You say you stop and do the second half later that day. So I suppose we can say that we have both reduced intensity, but in different ways?

It is interesting to me. I’m obviously no expert. But my training is becoming more focussed and I’m very interested in how other people approach things and their reasons why. I think maybe the reason I do things the way I do is because my mind is probably more determined than my body most days!
I have now finished 2 of those "monster" workouts. The problem for me is that Todays Plan has these workouts as the icing of a weeks workouts. The plan is probably not taking old mans legs into account. I moved the workouts around a bit so that I got a rest day in before the "monster" workout, and that seemed to do the trick (maybe not getting up at 3:30 to do the workout helped too ^_^)

si_c

Guru
you got moved into B yourself in a c/d only race.... very odd, i've never seen that happen before.
https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=42211&sid=64b2cb3c8ff8df7526d833a2705ab68c

it was your tag that caught my attention and i have now also joined the cyclechat zwift team.

I won the D race comfortably once everyone had been upgraded.

I've not seen it before either, but it's actually not a bad call, better than DQing for going over W/KG limit.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
well that sucked - tried the race at 5.15 , not going too bad for me 28th but felt good ,ready for box hill and i dropped my chain ! first time ever on the turbo .
at the weekend i changed big ring , chain and bearings but everything felt fine
got it back on and clawed a bit back but at least the lungs didnt feel too bad
sorry let the side down - must try harder next time !

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I have now finished 2 of those "monster" workouts. The problem for me is that Todays Plan has these workouts as the icing of a weeks workouts. The plan is probably not taking old mans legs into account. I moved the workouts around a bit so that I got a rest day in before the "monster" workout, and that seemed to do the trick (maybe not getting up at 3:30 to do the workout helped too ^_^)

Ha! Well done mate. I completely forgot how early you are waking up to train!

It’s funny Lars the next day after we had that conversation I was doing a horrible traineroad session. I really wanted to quit but after that big speech I made to you about quiting... it’s the only reason I finished the session...I was sort of laughing through the pain, at how I’d got myself into a situation where I couldn’t quit. Pride is a very stupid thing sometimes... it can be our friend and enemy at the same time!

LBHIFI

Veteran
Ha! Well done mate. I completely forgot how early you are waking up to train!

It’s funny Lars the next day after we had that conversation I was doing a horrible traineroad session. I really wanted to quit but after that big speech I made to you about quiting... it’s the only reason I finished the session...I was sort of laughing through the pain, at how I’d got myself into a situation where I couldn’t quit. Pride is a very stupid thing sometimes... it can be our friend and enemy at the same time!
Felt that workout in the handicap race :B)

Top Bottom