Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
cracking result Dean

here's mine
20180221_175333.jpg

bobinski

Legendary Member
Well done boys:thumbsup:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Well done boys:thumbsup:

Wahoooo :hyper:

First B cat podium

Screenshot_20180221-182755.png

Race starting hard, but not lung busting. Settled into the front with the cat A/B leaders. Held a constant wattage over the first climb which gave me a little lead over Dean. As usual Dean came back at me, I could see he was leading a group whilst I found myself (again) alone between groups. I was contemplating easing off to join Dean but all of a sudden he dropped back . The group he was with though kept the pressure on, so after half way and a mile or so before the second climb I eased back and joined them. Each of my pack would take it in turns to break free, but I kept my head and eased back any break. One guy was much stronger going downhill, so he kept trying to make a clean get away. So to the last 300metres I dropped into 53*11 and powered for the line winning my 4 man sprint to take silver :biggrin:

Last edited:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Outstanding result Andy on a course i found really hard, first time I've rode it.

My plan was to keep in the front group for as long as possible also took my turn on the front a few times i never seen Andy lose much time on the hills, i eventually got dropped, so i held on in no mans land for a while with a group around 30 seconds behind me but to keep that gap i had to hold 4 w/kg and that wasn't going to happen, so slowed slightly for them to gain and rode with them for quite a while we seemed to be making ground on Andy but the pace was to high for me so again got dropped on the first major hill climb.
Again in no mans land with thoughts of bailing running around my head, i slowed again for a group to catch up so we're now agroup of 4 and at a nice steady pace for me to recover slighty and found my self on the front pulling our group along 1 mile from the finish i dropped back to have a slight rest ready for a sprint finish which i came 2nd

I felt like like bailing many times that course is so tough.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I rode the hills in one direction a few weeks ago with Bob in a race, so was familiar with the gradient and duration. I'm now finding hills upto 1.5 miles and less than 10% I can power up them without being dropped too badly. This then allows my weight advantage to push the watts on the flatter bits. Still not a match for Bob, Lee or yourself over a longer sustained climbs. But hey can't win them all. I've not seen you racing much this winter, but the TR sessions are obviously working.

Breedon

Legendary Member
I rode the hills in one direction a few weeks ago with Bob in a race, so was familiar with the gradient and duration. I'm now finding hills upto 1.5 miles and less than 10% I can power up them without being dropped too badly. This then allows my weight advantage to push the watts on the flatter bits. Still not a match for Bob, Lee or yourself over a longer sustained climbs. But hey can't win them all. I've not seen you racing much this winter, but the TR sessions are obviously working.
It's mostly TrainerRoad if im honest, i have been thinking about social rides that are 2.5-3 w/kg twice a week and a race or two to compliment my TrainerRoad sweet spot sessions.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
There are Zsun club rides on a weekend 2 hours. Some WBR 60/100 milers- can be brutal but great endurance building. I like to get one or two a month of these longer rides. This weekend it's National championship for Zwift, should be huge attendance. I'm going to have a go, seen as I missed out on the Bkool version.

I've joined Strava Premium temporarily. I'm quite pleased with my placement in the weight categories.

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Looks like they are working for both of you.
You should both perhaps try the zsun 3 sisters A group on a Wednesday when not racing or perhaps the B after a race. Great sustained pace not far off race pace. I rode tonight with A after 4 days off bike and doing fine until hit kom proper, all of us aiming for a sub 25min time but knee told me to feck off every time I hit 4w/k. A little frustrating. I have just signed up for the Sufferfest on a free 60 day trial in part to do the 30 day yoga course. I reckon it will help. It’s worth a try. I always liked the Sufferfest vids.

Andy, I will be racing in the Nationals too. Would be great if a lot of us did.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Looks like they are working for both of you.
You should both perhaps try the zsun 3 sisters A group on a Wednesday when not racing or perhaps the B after a race. Great sustained pace not far off race pace. I rode tonight with A after 4 days off bike and doing fine until hit kom proper, all of us aiming for a sub 25min time but knee told me to feck off every time I hit 4w/k. A little frustrating. I have just signed up for the Sufferfest on a free 60 day trial in part to do the 30 day yoga course. I reckon it will help. It’s worth a try. I always liked the Sufferfest vids.

Andy, I will be racing in the Nationals too. Would be great if a lot of us did.
I'll almost certainly do the 3 sisters next week bob, when is the nationals and time

JLaw

Veteran
Wahoooo :hyper:

First B cat podium

View attachment 396859

Race starting hard, but not lung busting. Settled into the front with the cat A/B leaders. Held a constant wattage over the first climb which gave me a little lead over Dean. As usual Dean came back at me, I could see he was leading a group whilst I found myself (again) alone between groups. I was contemplating easing off to join Dean but all of a sudden he dropped back . The group he was with though kept the pressure on, so after half way and a mile or so before the second climb I eased back and joined them. Each of my pack would take it in turns to break free, but I kept my head and eased back any break. One guy was much stronger going downhill, so he kept trying to make a clean get away. So to the last 300metres I dropped into 53*11 and powered for the line winning my 4 man sprint to take silver :biggrin:
Big congrats on hitting the podium in B! I always figured most of the former bkoolers were solid B riders, so good to see us on the podium.

As for myself, took 1st in the KISS C TT today. The TTs is relatively short and doesn't generally get as much attention. I think we had a total of 15 in C, 3-4 of whom DQ'd.

Middle of the pack for yesterday's KISS EUR, even though it was a relatively flat course. Not sure what tomorrow's course looks like, though I do expect to be racing.

The new ranking stuff on ZP seems solid -- the racers I mark these days are top-20 in the C group. My nemisis from Oct has moved up into B (saw him in a race where the riders all started together a mixed). I'm just barely in the top 100 for C. Apparently today's race was a weak enough field that I get no improvement from winning.. Oh well.

Top Bottom