Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maxap

hehe, I got bumped up to gold. Thats a first. Glass of wine I think

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Must admit I'm a bit surprised (and jealous) to see the massive power you're able to put out these days

I'm a bit disappointed that I need alot more Watts to overcome you lighter riders. Thank goodness I'm in a rich vein of form currently and can produce a little more power to be competitive. I will need to now, having wavered and fallen foul of trying TT again this year, I've gone and bought a TT bike!

LBHIFI

Veteran
Exocet 3 .disc wheel and Tri spoke

already looking to modify, new crank and bigger chainring
I didn't know they made a version 3. That looks so much nicer than version 2 :thumbsup:.
I have 53/39 - 11/25 on mine and it seems ok even though I'm a relatively high cadence rider.

Can't wait to hear your experience with this bike. Did you try a TT bike before ?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
You keeping the old group set or you going electronic

I havent decided yet Dean. first step plug it into turbo and set up bike fit, using my current bike for base settings. Then either remove FSA crankset and replace to Shimano so I can use stages PM. I will then look to source 53/39 used crank, butcher it and fit a 55t single crank setup. I now must build extra leg strength for lower cadence pedalling.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I didn't know they made a version 3. That looks so much nicer than version 2 :thumbsup:.
I have 53/39 - 11/25 on mine and it seems ok even though I'm a relatively high cadence rider.

Can't wait to hear your experience with this bike. Did you try a TT bike before ?

No, .I checked reach, stack and toptube against my current bikes checked their height guide, which puts me bang in the middle of large frame.

A bit nervous, I only did 3 TT last year and was slower than previous years. I will be mighty embarrassed if I cant go quicker on a proper TT bike.:blush:

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
No, .I checked reach, stack and toptube against my current bikes checked their height guide, which puts me bang in the middle of large frame.

A bit nervous, I only did 3 TT last year and was slower than previous years. I will be mighty embarrassed if I cant go quicker on a proper TT bike.:blush:

Andy I’m not trying to tell you how to suck eggs but TT bike’s set up somewhat different to a road bike so I wouldn’t stop at a like for like comparison with your current set up. Shorter top tube typically and saddle is further forward over BB. I’ve never had a proper bike fit but I definitley would if I was getting a TT bike. Where such small changes in position can make a big difference in power, what might ‘feel’ right, might not be what gets you the best long term gains.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Andy I’m not trying to tell you how to suck eggs but TT bike’s set up somewhat different to a road bike so I wouldn’t stop at a like for like comparison with your current set up. Shorter top tube typically and saddle is further forward over BB. I’ve never had a proper bike fit but I definitley would if I was getting a TT bike. Where such small changes in position can make a big difference in power, what might ‘feel’ right, might not be what gets you the best long term gains.

Yes the top tube is shorter but not by too much TT bike (530mm) My boardman (550) Saddle should be further forward on TT bike so should bring position forward and hopefully allow same elbow reach as my Boardman which Im 'quite comfy' on. Stack is 20mm lower and reach 20mm less. I can compensate for stack, just reach cant be altered, fixed handlebars.

It's important for us armchair bike riders to get visuals.

This one?

Edit: @LBHIFI it might be time to bring home some flowers and talk up how lucky CRXandy is to have a wife who understands how important an upgrade can be.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-05-06-13-13.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-05-06-13-13.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Looking at gearing, I'm thinking of going with a 12-25 Cass. This gives ratios 12 thru to 19 in one tooth jumps. I'll marry it to a 56t chainring. Also helps with chainline. I don't know if it's too big for the front derailleur, but I'll ditch it for a single setup. I won't be doing hilly TTs :smile:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Looking at gearing, I'm thinking of going with a 12-25 Cass. This gives ratios 12 thru to 19 in one tooth jumps. I'll marry it to a 56t chainring. Also helps with chainline. I don't know if it's too big for the front derailleur, but I'll ditch it for a single setup. I won't be doing hilly TTs :smile:
moving to rutland ! they take sherpas on their tts^_^
lovely looking bike

Top Bottom