Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Tripster fitted up with wheels for Tenerife. I've not ridden it since last September when I fitted a new bigger chain ring and enabled Synchro shift. I took it for a test ride, gear changes smooth, with Synchro programmed not to cross chain either way. Strip down tomorrow into box for early flight Saturday.

bridgy

Legendary Member
On Zwift I do pretty much the same. Race in B which is probably a bit too fast for me on the Kickr (but OK on the Pro). Blast out the blocks and try to hold on to lead group as long as possible. Pretty much in the red for first 5-10 mins. End up in a group that is still a bit strong for me but with zwift drafting I can normally just hang on. If this group is say 6 strong, and I come 6th of that group, I take that as a 'win' for me as it means I beat every other group behind me and no need to sprint finish :smile:

I really don't get the so called sandbaggers who sit in a slower cat, take it easy for 99% of the race, then take a sprint finish for glory. I just don't see the benefit of that. I'd rather come last in a group of 30 with a PB and knowing I'd worked my nuts off, than win an easy race just on the sprint finish.
Yeah I agree with this - plus I don't want to admit to myself I won't be able to stay with the front group so I always give it a go! Death or Glory (nearly always death!)

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Tripster fitted up with wheels for Tenerife. I've not ridden it since last September when I fitted a new bigger chain ring and enabled Synchro shift. I took it for a test ride, gear changes smooth, with Synchro programmed not to cross chain either way. Strip down tomorrow into box for early flight Saturday.

Andy have you used the bike box before? If I’ve got one bit of advice it would be to take the rear mech off the frame. Well, that and don’t forget which way it is to loosen the pedals... ^_^:rolleyes:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Andy have you used the bike box before? If I’ve got one bit of advice it would be to take the rear mech off the frame. Well, that and don’t forget which way it is to loosen the pedals... ^_^:rolleyes:

My bike is a long frame, so I have to remove the hanger as well, its so close to the edge of box. I fit a wood spacer between forks and place thin sheets of wood under crank so teeth doesn't get knocked. I've a method to taking pedals off. If you take both pedals off from the crank side you undo both with anti clockwise rotation. :biggrin:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
My bike is a long frame, so I have to remove the hanger as well, its so close to the edge of box. I fit a wood spacer between forks and place thin sheets of wood under crank so teeth doesn't get knocked. I've a method to taking pedals off. If you take both pedals off from the crank side you undo both with anti clockwise rotation. :biggrin:

I got a load of foam insulation from work which turned out to be perfect for wrapping around the frame and forks.

They’re ace those bike box Alan’s they really are. A bit expensive for what’s effectively a big lump of plastic but worth it for the peice of mind. And the more clothes you cram into it the better protected the bike is. Proper win / win!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Problems again for me in Zwift tonight. Any time I go on there and there are loads of riders near everything just starts to freeze up. Tonight I rode nearly an hour and 40 km but Zwift only shows 36 mins for 24km. I was watching the Zwift timer and my laptop - for each real life 5 mins the timer was ticking over in Zwift for about 2-3 mins. Frame rate updates in Zwift like freeze frame photography - very annoying. I was pushing over 3 watts per kilo but riders were passing me at 1.4 w/k. Reason being seemed to be each time I lost time in Zwift it was like I was standing still.

The ride started OK, this all kicked off when I caught up with a huge blob group ride, must have been a few hundred - just blew the system. Anyone else get this, or am i the lucky one?

Only get this on flat courses where the masses stay, if I go up the hills everything, thankfully, works a treat as there are less riders on the hills. :cursing:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
fraid not whorty - zwift seems fine to me
on the other hand bkool is becoming unusable at the minute for me , when pairing up , it sends the neo into freewheel to start with ( i hope this is the same for Bob and Dean ?) and i just can't overcome blue numbers either way - uphill or downhill ! its about 10 seconds before effort overcomes the blue numbers each way , so on a course thats abit up and down , i just see people pull away without being able to do anything ( more than usual :okay:)​

Breedon

Legendary Member
Problems again for me in Zwift tonight. Any time I go on there and there are loads of riders near everything just starts to freeze up. Tonight I rode nearly an hour and 40 km but Zwift only shows 36 mins for 24km. I was watching the Zwift timer and my laptop - for each real life 5 mins the timer was ticking over in Zwift for about 2-3 mins. Frame rate updates in Zwift like freeze frame photography - very annoying. I was pushing over 3 watts per kilo but riders were passing me at 1.4 w/k. Reason being seemed to be each time I lost time in Zwift it was like I was standing still.

The ride started OK, this all kicked off when I caught up with a huge blob group ride, must have been a few hundred - just blew the system. Anyone else get this, or am i the lucky one?

Only get this on flat courses where the masses stay, if I go up the hills everything, thankfully, works a treat as there are less riders on the hills. :cursing:
I do from time to time get the freeze frame but most of the time it automatically takes a photo but I do get occasions when my entire ride is not saved on my goals or some distance is missing this is why I won't do a long ride on zwift till they sort it out.
The people who passed you at a lower w/kg could have joined late and therefor are doing lower watts till they get up to speed

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
The only issue I've had with Zwift and it's not limited to Zwift is poor internet at home, I tether now for races, so I don't suffer dropouts and lose other riders .

Carl have you tried another PC ? something odd happening there

Whorty

I do from time to time get the freeze frame but most of the time it automatically takes a photo but I do get occasions when my entire ride is not saved on my goals or some distance is missing this is why I won't do a long ride on zwift till they sort it out.
The people who passed you at a lower w/kg could have joined late and therefor are doing lower watts till they get up to speed
No, these riders were with me for about 15 minutes round the Kensington area. Definitely a problem I keep getting. Had the same monday when I went on and it was the Richmond course - that never works for me, just too many riders the graphics can't keep up. Very frustrating.

Whorty

The only issue I've had with Zwift and it's not limited to Zwift is poor internet at home, I tether now for races, so I don't suffer dropouts and lose other riders .

Carl have you tried another PC ? something odd happening there
Internet is fine, superfast broadband. Doesn't happen all the time, just when there are loads of riders around. Started off fine tonight initially, it was when I hit the big blob of riders that it went tits up and just didn't recover. I can't log off the sim afterwards either (can't even get the menu button to appear) - have to ctrl-alt-del to close the sim down.

Maybe I should stick to the hills away from the crowds.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Whats the spec of the PC, graphics card?. I have an I5 intel NUC with an ok graphics chip. I don't run high resolution, just standard settings. This pc has very little else on it apart from training simulator's. I'm no expert but your issues seem to revolve around graphics details. have you checked what the processor and memory are doing when you get these issues. how much ram has the pc?
https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/...vice-requirements-for-Zwift-?mobile_site=true

Last edited:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Whats the spec of the PC, graphics card?. I have an I5 intel NUC with an ok graphics chip. I don't run high resolution, just standard settings. This pc has very little else on it apart from training simulator's. I'm no expert but your issues seem to revolve around graphics details. have you checked what the processor and memory are doing when you get these issues. how much ram has the pc?
https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/...vice-requirements-for-Zwift-?mobile_site=true
I'm thinking the same how old is the pc/laptop how much memory does it have

Top Bottom