Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Andy, that looks very nice. Good climb?
Tubeless for the win.

Great weather today going up, ontop and descent. 15 mile climb, I struggled for 5 miles with heat, but a little rest, food and. cooling air, helped me bounce back. Began to fade with half a mile to go into the crater. another rest more food and full fat coke, I was raring to go and enjoyed the last section :smile:

JLaw

Veteran
KISS EUR. Watopia 8. So some climbing, but certainly nothing significant. Perfect to confirm the significant improvement as I hadn't run this course in ~ 6 months. Marked 2 riders. Primary mark is a top 5 racer in C cat, the other seems to have fallen down to ~60, I've often struggled to keep up with them late in races.

We had a nice big group as we approached the first climb. It's just a couple miles and the grade is reasonable, but it was enough to shed a goodly number of riders. I found myself and both my marks with the lead group as we reached the top. Given it's only a few minutes and not at the end of the race, I didn't consider it a major accomplishment. The somewhat smaller group started to split up during the middling miles -- I was with my 2nd mark mid-pack when it started to break up. I accelerated and was able to stick with the lead pack, strangely enough my 2nd mark didn't join and wasn't seen again for the duration of the race.

I was trying to conserve as much energy as possible, but stick with the leaders so I'd have something in the tank for the second climb. I guess it worked out as only a few got away during the second climb -- and I stuck with my mark throughout the climb. The remaining flatish miles were my mark and myself picking off singles, one or two hung on and we formed a little group. Given I was with my primary mark I figured there was a good shot anyone up the road would DQ.

I know my mark has more power, but more weight as well and I hoped it'd take him a little time to wind up. I figured my best shot was to try and catch him off-guard -- trying to get enough of an initial gap that he couldn't draft -- and just hang on. I hit the gas about a quarter mile from the finish (earlier than I'd usually go), not sure if I opened up enough gap though and he caught me just before the finish line. He took 3rd and I took 4th. Obviously a couple of the riders that got up the road didn't DQ. ZP seems to think it was a good result with a nice drop in points.

Breedon

Legendary Member
From top of the world, well nearly, Teide crater :smile:

Experienced tyre failure on the descent, sealant did its job and stopped rapid deflation. Only realised after a fast 40+mph switch back descent. After 6 miles, I began to notice so had to go down much slower from then on,, so tyre didn't roll off on cornering View attachment 399913
Looks stunning Andy thinking of doing Tenerife or Alp D`Heuz next year.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Looks stunning Andy thinking of doing Tenerife or Alp D`Heuz next year.

Dean if you want company I’d be up for either of those mate.

Later this year I've now committed to do the Marmot with Tenerife Bike Training. takes in the galibier, telegraph, glandon +Alp du huez. :smile:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I wouldn't call it a brag, more a notification of failure -eek. TBT are doing a week tour just before the proper Marmotte sportive. We do the whole route. I actually think some of the other riders are actually doing the sportive. I can't stay the extra days, also I would think it is now sold out officially.

Top Bottom