Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maxap

I rode the Marmotte two years ago. Lots and lots of climbing. Good experience but far to many people, 7000 I think. You had to fight to get your water bottles filled up!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I wouldn't call it a brag, more a notification of failure -eek. TBT are doing a week tour just before the proper Marmotte sportive. We do the whole route. I actually think some of the other riders are actually doing the sportive. I can't stay the extra days, also I would think it is now sold out officially.

Ha! sounds class mate.

If there’s one climb that’s firmly on my bucket list it has to be alp d’huez. I honestly feel like I could take a trip just to do that one climb! Iconic doesn’t cover it! Look forward to the photos :smile:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Well boys,
if we are still on talking terms after the Pyrennes ^_^

The Alps

IMG_20171227_140245.jpg

Alps open weekend 2018
We take your bike and bags ahead of you and you fly on Friday morning. You'll be riding Tour de France classic cols by lunchtime. Then two more days to make the most of your weekend before riding until 2pm on Monday. We bring your gear back to the UK on Tuesday.

Staying in our beautifully located hotel with the most jaw-dropping view of glacier-covered 4000m peaks.

Expect opportunities to climb the Galibier, Alpe d'Huez, the Izoard, the Croix de Fer, and several others.

Date: 20th to 23rd July.

6 places left.
http://www.lavieenvelo.com/cycle_france/file/alps.php

Last edited:

JLaw

Veteran
Simon,
What happened? You were right up in the front group for a while but lost track of you. The group mostly stayed together until the A racers came through and blew it to bits. I ran out of gas on the 6th lap.

si_c

Guru
Simon,
What happened? You were right up in the front group for a while but lost track of you. The group mostly stayed together until the A racers came through and blew it to bits. I ran out of gas on the 6th lap.
Yeah I was getting dropouts early on for some reason. Nearly blew myself up trying to get back on the first time as I was pulling 650+, when it happened again, I had nothing left. Ended up getting picked up by the second group but had to bail on the eighth lap.

Wasn't sure about this race as it was a bit longer than I might have liked as I'm quite out of practice.

The As blew past me doing 7w/kg totally insane lol.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Raced the Road to Ruins route today for the first time today and enjoyed it, even though it is quite hilly. I ended up 2nd although it is getting a bit tiresome having to wait for a bunch of riders to be dQ'd before you can see where you finish. My sprinting is getting much better and I'm now able to do 7 w/kg for 5-15 seconds at the end of a hard race.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=48631

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Raced the Road to Ruins route today for the first time today and enjoyed it, even though it is quite hilly. I ended up 2nd although it is getting a bit tiresome having to wait for a bunch of riders to be dQ'd before you can see where you finish. My sprinting is getting much better and I'm now able to do 7 w/kg for 5-15 seconds at the end of a hard race.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=48631
Didn't realise you guys were in a race when I joined your group for a little pootle. I turned off up the big mountain and added some more metres to my Tron Bike .... only 26,000 metres to go :eek:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Didn't realise you guys were in a race when I joined your group for a little pootle. I turned off up the big mountain and added some more metres to my Tron Bike .... only 26,000 metres to go :eek:

Nah, I was just warming up when I saw you. I saw Dean when I started and joined him and then you appeared a bit later. Nice to see the Cyclechat community at large :smile:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Nah, I was just warming up when I saw you. I saw Dean when I started and joined him and then you appeared a bit later. Nice to see the Cyclechat community at large :smile:
It is nice to see Cyclechat in the names, easy to spot us and when in a large group I get the comfort of seeing team mates around me :smile:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Tried to rest my knee recently so have eased back into Zwift with 2 easy paced rides this week. Bit of a shock to system how top end fitness drops so quickly :angry: Probably as much about age too. Anyway, did the zsun club ride today , helped out as unofficial sweeper and had to bail before the end. Just a few efforts to collect and help those off the back were enough to do me in:sad:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Is your knee getting better or worse, sounds worse?

My peak power has taken a hit after Tenerife. Back to TR to help build it up again

Top Bottom