Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I think you’ll be fine Bob. I felt fine sitting in your wheel around Richmond. Admittedly it was only for a very brief time though ^_^.

:reading:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Did someone mention cake!

felt safe enough tucked in behind Bob around Maidstone - but he doesn't stop much rain ! choose Tommy if its raining - and ask him to hold coat open !

Just make sure no one drops off

literally. :biggrin:

My mate did the Whitton a week or so back and had what he describes as the most frightening non crash off his life. Whilst on a fast descent road in a pack doing 30+mph he crossed wheels, touched, then hit a pothole. He shot sideways across the road heading for a central island. In slow motion he said his hands had come off the bars as they were all over the place and unclipped on leg expecting to hit the central island, but at the last second the bike settled and he miraculously swerved down the side of the island. He was spooked and rode pretty much alone for the rest of the Whitton. Which he described as seriously dangerous with crazy descents.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Did someone mention cake!

Just make sure no one drops off

literally. :biggrin:

My mate did the Whitton a week or so back and had what he describes as the most frightening non crash off his life. Whilst on a fast descent road in a pack doing 30+mph he crossed wheels, touched, then hit a pothole. He shot sideways across the road heading for a central island. In slow motion he said his hands had come off the bars as they were all over the place and unclipped on leg expecting to hit the central island, but at the last second the bike settled and he miraculously swerved down the side of the island. He was spooked and rode pretty much alone for the rest of the Whitton. Which he described as seriously dangerous with crazy descents.
On my ride yesterday, there were some pretty steep descents that, as usual, I rode on the breaks :surrender: The group I rode with though were crazy. One guy, big butch chap like you Andy, flew down the hills. The funny bit though was girls. On one descent, one flew past me, full aero tuck, literally going "weeeeeeee" and laughing :ohmy: If I hadn't been so nervous and trying to control my speed I'd have laughed along with her :laugh:

uclown2002

Guru
https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=61717

Welcome to Zwift's version of the 2018 Baloise Belgium Tour (Tour of Belgium). We've hand-picked each stage to create a similar experience to what the Pros are racing. You'll get to experience what it's like to compete for 5 straight days over varied terrain and distances.

IS THIS A RACE?

No, it's a personal challenge against the distance and the clock. Some participants will ride the event like a race but there is no winner of Zwift's Baloise Belgium Tour. It's all about doing your best and trying to finish as many stages as possible.

PRIZES

One lucky EU Zwifter who completes all 5 stages will be chosen at random win a signed Baloise Belgium Tour leader jersey signed by the winner of the 2018 race.

STAGE 1

The pros start the 2018 Tour with a flat stage and so do we. It's a day for the sprinters.

COURSE: Greater London Flat
LAPS: 2
LAP DISTANCE: 11.6 km / 7.2 mi
TOTAL DISTANCE: 23.2 km / 14.4 mi

Good luck Zwifters!

On my ride yesterday, there were some pretty steep descents that, as usual, I rode on the breaks :surrender: The group I rode with though were crazy. One guy, big butch chap like you Andy, flew down the hills. The funny bit though was girls. On one descent, one flew past me, full aero tuck, literally going "weeeeeeee" and laughing :ohmy: If I hadn't been so nervous and trying to control my speed I'd have laughed along with her :laugh:
DTN. ( Dude that's nothing) on Saturday it took me 26 minutes to descend 2.43 miles. It was loose gravel and I was squeezing the brakes the whole way. My arms were worn out at the bottom.

bobinski

Legendary Member

Sorry Carl, the only words I remember from that post are “ big butch Andy” :biggrin:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
DTN. ( Dude that's nothing) on Saturday it took me 26 minutes to descend 2.43 miles. It was loose gravel and I was squeezing the brakes the whole way. My arms were worn out at the bottom.
Reminds me of my first day training for my motorbike license. Got off of the bike and couldn't raise my arms to undo the helmet strap, I had to get the trainer to do it. I was ok from then on but that first day I was so tense you could've played my arms like guitar strings. :blink:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
300w average and just about broke 20mph. Brutal... forgetting to turn the speedo off at the end of the ride prob didn’t help either!

3EE10966-567A-4045-96B8-12CD6DCBD8D3.png

Attachments

• E0DBF59F-37C3-4873-8D5F-D31DA5859EBE.jpeg
    E0DBF59F-37C3-4873-8D5F-D31DA5859EBE.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

I have experienced a descent in Austria where I had to jump off the bike and walk down, because using brakes had no effect at slowing me down, the gravel was that loose. Took absolutely ages to get off the trail

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
300w average and just about broke 20mph. Brutal... forgetting to turn the speedo off at the end of the ride prob didn’t help either!

View attachment 410416

It's actually harder than folk expect to hold 20mph. I had a 30 mile ride a week or so back 15miles out into a head wind and return I had an average of 18.3mph outward and was over 20mph return, overall average 19.6 mph. This was on my 40 mm G Ones, I know they roll very well but probably sacrifice a tad aero benefit

Top Bottom