Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Actually ,looking at previous years results and then applying 45-54 age filter, Im placed 2nd. :biggrin: So maybe i'm just comparing apples to oranges
you must be happy with result on a strange course in windy conditions ? did you save something in the tank for that last hill ? seems to come out of nowhere on the profile

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
you must be happy with result on a strange course in windy conditions ? did you save something in the tank for that last hill ? seems to come out of nowhere on the profile

No, I left everything at the first mile marker^_^

Im actually quite surprised, I just like to beat the racers on the day, but most are younger and obviously fitter.

Honestly Lee, I dont have that capacity or fore thought to hold back either in physical ability or mental assessment. I go up to threshold HR and just see how long I can hold on. I wish i could ride maybe 5bpm lower knowing I have a little in reserve to power over the bumps or into a headwind. It just never happens. A side note is that the weight training and interval training is beginning to help my legs gets stronger, it's just my cardio holding my performance where it is.

Im hoping I will see a miracle and one day, I can power along and not feel like Im not on the rivet

bobinski

Legendary Member
Well done Andy! A little excitement in the race too ^_^
There's always supposed to be the odd day where it all comes together but otherwise are we not always on the rivet?

I am doing some vo2 work to try and get heart/lungs working more efficiently after it became clear it was that/cardio rather than power holding me back last week. I wish i could run and perhaps thats an option for you?

bridgy

Legendary Member
No, I left everything at the first mile marker^_^

Im actually quite surprised, I just like to beat the racers on the day, but most are younger and obviously fitter.

Honestly Lee, I dont have that capacity or fore thought to hold back either in physical ability or mental assessment. I go up to threshold HR and just see how long I can hold on. I wish i could ride maybe 5bpm lower knowing I have a little in reserve to power over the bumps or into a headwind. It just never happens. A side note is that the weight training and interval training is beginning to help my legs gets stronger, it's just my cardio holding my performance where it is.

Im hoping I will see a miracle and one day, I can power along and not feel like Im not on the rivet
Good ride Andy, well done! Is this on the new TT bike you were talking about getting a few weeks back?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
. I wish i could run and perhaps thats an option for you

No Running or walking more than mile or two is my max due to shattered heel injury :sad:

VO2 max is pretty much set. You can push it up with intervals. I started too late cycling in life to massively change Vo2 or heart lung capacity.

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Andy, so you think i am wasting time with VO2 workouts? I have read they can lead to improvements of 10-15%

In separate news 3 different zwift racers have posted to say bkool pro has given them bogus numbers and led to them receiving Zwiftpower strikes. One had a 42m ride up Alp'.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Bob,

Vo2 intervals. Yes continue with them, they will maximize your physical and genetic potential. I found them to be the best return for the amount of training I have been doing. I have had a good winter and spring with riding/training. I realize that to go quicker, well significantly, is to lose alot more weight whilst keeping most of the power.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
ttchart-jpg.jpg

what do you think to this Andy ?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
In separate news 3 different zwift racers have posted to say bkool pro has given them bogus numbers and led to them receiving Zwiftpower strikes. One had a 42m ride up Alp'.

My Pro reads pretty accurate for speed, if my understanding is correct. On 0% sections, with trainer set at 100% at a cadence of 95 (as calculated by my Wahoo Cadence sensor) on my single speed Zwift shows me going at 32kph (when not drafting). My gearing is 42/16. Comparing that to this website (http://www.bikecalc.com/speed_at_cadence) that is pretty much spot on for speed.

I think watts are something like 180-190 so not sure how accurate that is.

Not sure how accurate on sections that are up or down as there isn't a calc for that but given the flats are so accurate I'd bet the gradients are pretty good too. My Pro also compares pretty good for speed against the Kickr on Zwift, although watts are a smidge higher on the pro.

No idea how this accuracy changes though when realism is changed in Zwift.

Top Bottom