Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darrensmith0410

Nine finished, you came second overall (well done!), the results are posted on the Zwift Handicap Race Facebook page. It is a handicap race which includes all categories, the higher ones do more laps before turning off for the mountain climb to give the lower cats a chance to beat them up the mountain.

That's brilliant. Maybe I need to move up categories!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I'm off to the docs

I've got an obsession, Arrrrrrgh! I went too early again, nearly died half way, max'ed HR never attained before, and still failed to topple Bob's time:boxing:. Got much nearer this time:biggrin: So explode at the right time and it should work:wacko:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I'm off to the docs
I've got an obsession, Arrrrrrgh! I went too early again, nearly died half way, max'ed HR never attained before, and still failed to topple Bob's time:boxing:. Got much nearer this time:biggrin: So explode at the right time and it should work:wacko:

Andy, 3rd time lucky?!?:tongue:

Let me know if the doc authorises another go and I will come and watch- hell, I might even have a go myself^_^

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Andy, 3rd time lucky?!?:tongue:

Let me know if the doc authorises another go and I will come and watch- hell, I might even have a go myself^_^

Worryingly Bob, if you went flat out for it you would be probably be out of reach :biggrin:. Next time, maybe. This week has been a easy week for me, just keep my legs spinning, the sprint is a little bit of fun. charity TT this weekend. Then back onto long rides for TdeY then DD.

I surprised a Dane today, he had 40 secs on me just before the peak, but cut that by 30secs going for the sprint then with gravity and some selective power overtook him on the descent.:smile:

Interesting is that by watching the lighter riders go up Pretzel, I lose maybe a couple of minutes to them, and gain 30 secs on the descent. Which is nothing really. Have you tried the Flyby Strava feature, you can see time is lost or gained against those you rode with.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Worryingly Bob, if you went flat out for it you would be probably be out of reach :biggrin:. Next time, maybe. This week has been a easy week for me, just keep my legs spinning, the sprint is a little bit of fun. charity TT this weekend. Then back onto long rides for TdeY then DD.

I surprised a Dane today, he had 40 secs on me just before the peak, but cut that by 30secs going for the sprint then with gravity and some selective power overtook him on the descent.:smile:

Interesting is that by watching the lighter riders go up Pretzel, I lose maybe a couple of minutes to them, and gain 30 secs on the descent. Which is nothing really. Have you tried the Flyby Strava feature, you can see time is lost or gained against those you rode with.

Not such a Great Dane then!
I will have a look at the flyby when back on the bike. Holiday in Italy cut short by family bereavement and the stress and lack of sleep since accompanied by a stomach bug that has me feeling sick every time i eat something has conspired to keep me off the bike. I haven't even had time to think about my knee:ohmy:. I miss my NEO:sad: Might try a ride tomorrow.

JLaw

Veteran
Not much to report this week. Disappointed in race efforts on Tues and Thurs. Set a PB on the epic KOM Wednesday night though (4 minute improvement).

Breedon

Legendary Member
Went and seen a osteopath yesterday good news is my spine and discs are ok but it's the pelvis and ligaments attached to it, the only way to try and sort it out would be a injection into the ligaments or pelvis it's self:blink: and/or ajust the bike set up to avoid the pain.
So Monday im of out to tinker with the setup, all ready got a 35 mm stem on it.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
What about a stem riser from BBB. I used one for a year while my trapped nerve in my neck settled down. I then slowly went back to a lower position, I dont lift my neck too much or it makes my arms and fingers numb. C6 compression, when I fell out of airplane and landed on head :laugh: joke!

Breedon

Legendary Member
What about a stem riser from BBB. I used one for a year while my trapped nerve in my neck settled down. I then slowly went back to a lower position, I dont lift my neck too much or it makes my arms and fingers numb. C6 compression, when I fell out of airplane and landed on head :laugh: joke!
And ordered thanks Andy, will give it a shot when it comes won't look fantastic but if it works then so be it

bobinski

Legendary Member
That doesn't sound too great Dean. What's the formal diagnosis? A friend has taken time off the bike recently because of pelvis/ligament pain which sounded excruciating.

Breedon

Legendary Member
That doesn't sound too great Dean. What's the formal diagnosis? A friend has taken time off the bike recently because of pelvis/ligament pain which sounded excruciating.
It's sacroiliac joint Dysfunction just remembered the term for it.
Just read about it now and injections into the bone is the way to go, i also get pain/discomfort in my leg foot and bum alot like siatica but is caused by the above

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Top Bottom