Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Yep, I'm feeling a bit rough now. My first 100km on Zwift and bugger, that hurt!
snip

Pleased I managed to last 100km on the turbo, total time 3 hrs 35 mins (includes the lost time at the start, plus a few minutes about 2 hours in to top up water and get a nut bar). Pretty good training for the DD.
Well done :notworthy:. The long sessions are more about mental strength than physical, IMO.

Out ITRW we can stop, look at the scenery and chill. On the trainer we tend to push ourselves a little harder in an attempt to finish the session quicker. When things don't quite work how we want them to we either change the plan and continue or abandon. I don't tend to stop/abandon unless forced to by things beyond my control. It is a lot easier to stop when at home, this is where the mind over idiocy comes in. :bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Froome is as clean as Mo Farah. It's complete bullshit to go from a nobody to a GC contender at 27 year old; then to be head and shoulders above his rivals; some with a questionable history. He had no pedigree whatsoever prior to his transformation in 2011? Vuelta. Yes I do know about that 'illness' prior to that.
Those that think otherwise are deluded. I don't believe in miracles.
Both clean then, as neither has been caught and banned by their respective sporting bodies :biggrin:

Froome's rise from African rider, in the Kenyan Commonwealth team on amateur kit ( compared to the Pros) is well reported. As is his rise through the ranks of the 3rd and 2nd tier teams (don't forget in his 1st grand tour, the giro in 2008, he came 36th but without all the support, training and domestiques he gets now). It's also well reported that he was diagnosed with bilharzia in 2010 and went through treatment to clear this. There are thoughts coming from Kenya he may have had this illness for a considerable amount of time. Was this a smokescreen? No idea, but having lived and travelled in Africa I can easily believe he was exposed to this illness.

So, is he a cheat as some think, or did his performance improve because he had treatment for his illness and joined a Pro team with all the money and resources behind it to get the full potential out of him? The truth will come out if he is cheating (it always does) but for now I'm in the innocent until proven guilty camp.

Too Tyred

Zwift hack for me today I'm fancying a long one when it cools down finishing on the Alp! Route suggestions please, about 10 miles flatish warm up and finish, obv the Alp at some point, don't mind a hard one. Distance... thinking in the region of 60m/ 100km.

Last ride (possibly a short one Weds) before I take my bike to the North York Moors at the weekend and that will be HILLY.

Whorty

As zwift power is down is there anyway for me to see my time etc from a Wbr race I done yesterday
Only Strava I think. There is normally a segment that is equal to the length of the race. What you don't see though is the other rider's times or where you came. Definitely a shortcoming with Zwift now we've lost Zwiftpower :thumbsdown:

I am Spartacus

Über Member
No it isnt.
Pity it cant be binned off permanently... all that stupid bitcharrsin that went on FB .
If you need to measure up against some arcane system of resulting, then you are probably in the wrong sport/hobby.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
No it isnt.
Pity it cant be binned off permanently... all that stupid bitcharrsin that went on FB .
If you need to measure up against some arcane system of resulting, then you are probably in the wrong sport/hobby.
Why ?
Surely there is competition in most sports / hobbies

Whorty

No it isnt.
As others said, if you don't want to see your results then don't join Zwiftpower. I, and probably others, like it as it allows me to see my power over various times ( 1 minute, 5 min, 20 mins etc), my HR, w/kg. Racing is fun, but if it's not your thing then don't play.

Certainly can't understand your logic that seeing results of cycle racing is arcane, and we're in the wrong sport/hobby to want to do so. Quite bizarre comment.

Top Bottom