Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Taken a day off to check over bike, have a go at fixing waterrower and will catch him the racing too. Hopefully fewer crashes today.
My rear tubeless remains fine provided I don’t take pressure over 80psi. Then a hole appears, sealant does its job and all fine. Reluctant to replace tyre so will have another go with superglue.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Taken a day off to check over bike, have a go at fixing waterrower and will catch him the racing too. Hopefully fewer crashes today.
My rear tubeless remains fine provided I don’t take pressure over 80psi. Then a hole appears, sealant does its job and all fine. Reluctant to replace tyre so will have another go with superglue.

Have you thought about these Bob, repair cord for bigger holes.
https://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/...brdp9jm9cXaRP-K4uWDCepVgx6f9RDIgaAk_6EALw_wcB

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I have tyre plugs for use in an emergency when I can’t get someone to collect me :laugh:

I see ample opportunity to screw things up:okay:
Bit difficult to get someone to pick you up when you are north of the Arctic circle in Noway riding a dirt road on a motorbike, twice :banghead: :unsure:. Fix it or it'll be a long walk to nowhere :blink:.

Still the tyre did another 6k miles before it had to be replaced.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Turns out 3 punctures all fine up to 80psi ish and then they leak and seal. Bit of a bugger. 70-80 psi fine on 28 pro ones for my 7-75 kilos so I could just leave as is. Or get messy wiping tyre off and patching from inside ...

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Turns out 3 punctures all fine up to 80psi ish and then they leak and seal. Bit of a bugger. 70-80 psi fine on 28 pro ones for my 7-75 kilos so I could just leave as is. Or get messy wiping tyre off and patching from inside ...
Our Local Bike shop (Spoke And Gears posted the result of what happens when a tyre filled with sealant blew in his workshop ... It took him ages to comb it out of his hair and beard :rofl:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Working from home today, so hopefully watch the Ovo Women's Tour as they pass through Warwick.

Hope they don't take my KOM https://www.strava.com/segments/1445480 :smile:

Only if they have a sex change :biggrin:

Been thinking about that ... they should have a name for the overall fastest time, irrespective of whether it is a man or a woman. Maybe "Monarch of the Mountain"?

Anyway, checked Strava and my Monarch of the Mountain still stands after the Tour has passed it :smile:

Del C

Veteran
Well I think I'm about to become a splitter!

One day left of my 7 day trial. I've ridden solo flat routes in London, London plus Box Hill, done 2 group rides in Watopia and today rode the Surrey Hiils course for nearly 2 hours.

I'd always been suspicious that I'd find the variety of routes limiting and that maybe the ethos of Zwift wasn't for me, but I feel spectacularly wrong on both counts. There's more route variations than I'd realised. Riding the Surrey Hills today for 2 hours without getting bored was a bit of an eye opener. And I've found the group rides good fun and a good workout, even though it seems that quite a few people want to ride beyond the advertised w/kg.

I've done the trial at the same time as changing to Tacx Neo trainer, which I'm really enjoying. Much more realistic in terms of ride feel and combined with Zwift it just feels more realistic in terms of ride and gradient changes and better when standing.

As I don't intend to alternate between the Neo and the Bkool Pro, I'm going to have to accept my Bkool times will suffer, or just give up riding Bkool altogether. That's disappointing as Bkool was fun and certainly way better than riding an old style classic turbo with a Sufferfest video running on a laptop.

I think I'll miss some of the video options on Bkool, but there are alternatives such BRVR. And it would be nice to carry on with the leagues, despite the Neo handicap, and the Handicap races, but its hardly worth keeping the subscription just for that.

I thought I saw somebody post of a rumour that closed group rides may be coming to Zwift, which could make leagues or handicaps possible. Is that so, or did I imagine it? Otherwise, do you guys ride together or race at any time?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I can't see why races can't be run within races, especially the open category events. Strava and Zwiftpower (when up and running) will easily filter out cyclechat riders

Glad you're enjoying the Zwift experience Del. Once experienced on a top notch trainer, it is very pleasing experience. One word I would say to describe Zwift is 'slick'

Last edited:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Well I think I'm about to become a splitter!

One day left of my 7 day trial. I've ridden solo flat routes in London, London plus Box Hill, done 2 group rides in Watopia and today rode the Surrey Hiils course for nearly 2 hours.

I'd always been suspicious that I'd find the variety of routes limiting and that maybe the ethos of Zwift wasn't for me, but I feel spectacularly wrong on both counts. There's more route variations than I'd realised. Riding the Surrey Hills today for 2 hours without getting bored was a bit of an eye opener. And I've found the group rides good fun and a good workout, even though it seems that quite a few people want to ride beyond the advertised w/kg.

I've done the trial at the same time as changing to Tacx Neo trainer, which I'm really enjoying. Much more realistic in terms of ride feel and combined with Zwift it just feels more realistic in terms of ride and gradient changes and better when standing.

As I don't intend to alternate between the Neo and the Bkool Pro, I'm going to have to accept my Bkool times will suffer, or just give up riding Bkool altogether. That's disappointing as Bkool was fun and certainly way better than riding an old style classic turbo with a Sufferfest video running on a laptop.

I think I'll miss some of the video options on Bkool, but there are alternatives such BRVR. And it would be nice to carry on with the leagues, despite the Neo handicap, and the Handicap races, but its hardly worth keeping the subscription just for that.

I thought I saw somebody post of a rumour that closed group rides may be coming to Zwift, which could make leagues or handicaps possible. Is that so, or did I imagine it? Otherwise, do you guys ride together or race at any time?
It's great to see you've given a lot of time, it a shame others don't.
It's the group rides and races that for me make Zwift soon as they get Zwiftpower backup and more near to Autumn we should be on zwift alot more

Top Bottom